Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:41:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The rally will eventually end with a dip to at least $5.5K //3K  (Read 2139 times)
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:09:12 AM

I dont know how high it will go but that is how low it will go. Just a humble call made purely via pattern extrapolation. Since you so strongly believe it will not happen, that is exactly why it's going to happen. I have no further arguments.

You could be right, and i think that in the end this rally will end, there will be a bear market for a while before a new round of rallies probably in the years 2020-2021. But your figure of "at least $3k" seems unreasonable for me.

This is no 2013 here. The rally has been going on for way longer than the 1 month it lasted for in 2013, in fact it's been a year since the start of the rally.

This slow yet consistent buildup means that when the crash does come, it won't be as brutal. I doubt it'll go below $4k at all actually.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:14:24 AM

i am not going to say it is right or wrong, just two things:

made purely via pattern extrapolation.
these things never work, they there to make traders feel better and when it comes to bitcoin they are there for fun because bitcoin doesn't follow any rules of traditional market.

Since you so strongly believe it will not happen, that is exactly why it's going to happen.
quite the opposite actually!
when majority strongly believe something will happen, that thing will happen. for example we all know the block halving effect comes at least 2 months after it happens. but the price rise starts 2 months before its date because people strongly believe price will rise because of it!
or a more recent example is the SegWit2x cancellation which everyone strongly believed bitcoin cash will rise because of it, and it certainly did.
I think that the cancellation of the segWit2x is a mistake. We still have to do it. My opinion is that the high cost of small transactions and the existing rate of confirmation of transactions is a major drawback of bitcoin. It is impossible to use bitcoin as a Deposit to constantly. Need to develop trade with bitcoins. We do allow bankers to prepare for an attack on bitcoin.
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:39:09 AM

Every other BETI > 0 spike has briefly dropped down to the level of the previous peak, so I wouldn't be surprised if we made it down to $1200 (for a few seconds). More interesting is how high we go before we go there =)

spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:40:45 AM

I dont know how high it will go but that is how low it will go. Just a humble call made purely via pattern extrapolation. Since you so strongly believe it will not happen, that is exactly why it's going to happen. I have no further arguments.

You are vastly underestimating how low it's going to go. By a lot.

So low it'll feel like a 70's Bowie album Wink

Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:22:47 PM

Bitcoin cannot be predicted via pattern extrapolation because it follows no pattern for it's price movements but still, I think your call is possible to happen. One advice someone has gave me is to do the opposite of what everyone says because most of the time, they do the opposite. That being said, others also believe that the day when btc will dip hard to at least 3k$ is very likely to happen soon even when everyone says the opposite now.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:26:46 PM

You don't have any further arguments? I might have missed your original argument too then!
If you want to make a case for a 70% fall, feel free. There are plenty of reasons you could give, such as Bitfinex being dodgy, or Tether folding, or fees rising too high, or that it is massively overvalued now, or that a better replacement will come along and surpass Bitcoin.

But just saying, it'll fall 70% and that's all I got to say about that is pretty weak.
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:46:24 PM

You don't have any further arguments? I might have missed your original argument too then!
If you want to make a case for a 70% fall, feel free. There are plenty of reasons you could give, such as Bitfinex being dodgy, or Tether folding, or fees rising too high, or that it is massively overvalued now, or that a better replacement will come along and surpass Bitcoin.

But just saying, it'll fall 70% and that's all I got to say about that is pretty weak.

It will fall but not in that great percentage, Many still believes that btc can goes way high and have no plans of withdrawing it, but foe sure still many will released it but not to that point of up to 70%.

fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:10:35 PM

The OP's speculation could happen maybe if World War 3 broke out, or a massive hack on some of the known exchanges happen, or maybe if Internet is gone, or all the governments across all countries ban bitcoin. But because of the growing popularity and many big investors attracted by bitcoin, once it crashes, it will only bounce back and increase the price further because there are many of us who are waiting for a discounted price of bitcoin, ready to buy the fucking dip.
jinksters09

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:13:24 PM

Not fully detailed in terms what you want to point out here or your opinion in the price movement of bitcoin to go down all the way as 3,000 $ well I doubt if you see the trend now that possibility of your speculation is low right now. Because bitcoin is a trend if you read about the opinions of Robert Kiyosaki regarding it then you will know what I mean.

Bitcoinaire

Activity: 696
Merit: 439

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:46:24 PM

I believe, but first we go much higher and by the 2020 halving we'll be in another bull cycle.
TERA2 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:22:35 PM

We were just at $1K-$3K a few months ago and the world wasn't ending - it was quite bullish actually. The $3K dip doesnt require the end of the world. It's just the natural end of the cycle - the counterpart of a parabolic rise - the filling in of the chart on the log chart, just like all times before. It does not require the failure of all exchanges - just lots of lag on one of them. Dont worry, its only temporary - a swift bounce to $5K+ will occur and many might not even notice that it went to $3K. It'll be like 'look at those bots that lost their coins last night in that massive hammer candle'

60659 📦
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:39:45 PM

I don't know whats your basis on this kind of speculation on which no matter how hard do I try to see on the chart and do make some technical analysis I cant really see the thing that it would corrected its price and dip to $3k back which somehow impossible now a days.There are lots of supports I do see which it wont be easily be breakout or do have a continuous oversold but well no one really knows on what would happen on bitcoins price every second on the day which it do really have possibilities on moving its price that we don't really expect to.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:13:16 PM

Every other BETI > 0 spike has briefly dropped down to the level of the previous peak, so I wouldn't be surprised if we made it down to $1200 (for a few seconds). More interesting is how high we go before we go there =)

How far back does the BETI data go? Is it based on historical Bitstamp data, or is there data that goes back further? I'm curious what sample size we're talking about. If that's really the case based on a decent sample, I'll be tempted to sells some coins to rebuy when the crash happens.

$20,000 to $1200 would be a 94% drop. From $50,000 it would be a 98% drop. We would definitely create a whole new generation of salty bagholders and "bitcoins are tulips" naysayers if that happened. I have my doubts, but you give me some hope that cheap coins aren't gone forever.

Dont worry, its only temporary - a swift bounce to $5K+ will occur and many might not even notice that it went to $3K. It'll be like 'look at those bots that lost their coins last night in that massive hammer candle'

Only $5K? The bounce after the 2013 bubble pop went from $381 - $995. Nearly a 78% fib retracement. I would expect at least a tag of the 61.8% fib before we enter a downtrend.

TERA2 (OP)

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:17:06 PM

I said the bounce to 5k will be swift, like the same day.  The rest will occur but might be a little slower.

60659 📦
speaktome

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:33:38 PM

We were just at $1K-$3K a few months ago and the world wasn't ending - it was quite bullish actually. The $3K dip doesnt require the end of the world. It's just the natural end of the cycle - the counterpart of a parabolic rise - the filling in of the chart on the log chart, just like all times before. It does not require the failure of all exchanges - just lots of lag on one of them. Dont worry, its only temporary - a swift bounce to $5K+ will occur and many might not even notice that it went to $3K. It'll be like 'look at those bots that lost their coins last night in that massive hammer candle'
True,the growth has been great,but still ,maybe there will be no great correction as many are accustomed,       especially when you see news as Coinbase expanding their support team considerably by 2018,news like this show that there is a lot of interest,maybe a lot more than before,so that a big correction might not happen for now.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:48:20 PM

True,the growth has been great,but still ,maybe there will be no great correction as many are accustomed,       especially when you see news as Coinbase expanding their support team considerably by 2018,news like this show that there is a lot of interest,maybe a lot more than before,so that a big correction might not happen for now.

The more absolute newbies there are the more inclined to panic they'll be. I'm sure a huge percentage of people who've arrived this year do not know one single thing about BTC other than it being a number that keeps on going up.

When it stops going up and starts to go down without pause expect an earth shaking stampede for the exits.
TERA2 (OP)

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:02:37 AM

Yeah I hear the most ridiculous things lately from all the newbies like "the ceo of <altcoin>" and "a share of bitcoin". these people have no knowledge or interest in the technology, and only making money

60659 📦
PricklyPear1

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:18:32 AM

Unfortunately, the technology will be slowly commandeered from here on out by big banks, regulators and the gov’t. You can’t get the perks of “the machine” without being a cog in it. BTC will be parasitized by the ruling elite eventually and employed for largely their gain while giving the commoners crumbs (as always).

It’s best to stay up on the trends, open a futures trading account, accumulate as many coins as you can afford and get ready to offload the bulk of your coins in the coming years for your country’s cash equivalency when we hit the high highs ($100K plus). Dump that back into futures and repeat. Once the ETFs are born, say goodbye to the huge price swings. By then, BTC will be just a imaginary thing (like all the gold in the Fed reserve...), however; the technology will be the king.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:44:41 AM

Your prediction is too low. In cases Bitcoin can go down as low as $3K there must be something so bad happening in the market causing such a development. Now, if there would be no big bad news, there is no possibility that it can go down on that level because every time there is a small dip or crash, there are people waiting in the sideline looking for that opportunity to get into Bitcoin. Just look at the charts for you to see what I mean. As long as there is a good demand, Bitcoin can continue on surging ahead. Now, if you are sure that Bitcoin can be $3k soon then the best thing for you to do is sell all of your Bitcoin and then wait for that big dip to happen. And good luck...
I am really even trying to picture how bad that stuff must be to really have that huge negative effect on bitcoin.
There are some values that the community should not expect and of course there is a lot going on right now with FUDs like this being generated by people like the OP to probably cause fear in the market.

This is outdated and will no longer work. The market is stronger than it used to, if the OP is basing his reason on the fact that we do not believe it ever will, and then his angle is out of it.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:53:45 AM

And how exactly did you come to the number of 3000$ dip? What paramters are showing this? Of course that the price can't just last forever and that corrections will happen eventualy but to spit out random number like this without any argument or explanation makes no sense, not to say it' s stupid. Exactly comments like this spread the panic among users and send the wrong message. I would be more careful with such predictions.

malaj
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: