Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:17:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: eMunie the only unique and interesting alt-coin out of all these sh*tcoins  (Read 3667 times)
mechs (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:13:36 AM

It really is ridicuous, a bunch of script-kiddies and wanna-bes just copying-pasting and calling themselves developers.  Such an embarassment.  The only alt-coins with any hope:
Litecoin: Added scrypt, the first to increase confirmation time, had first mover advantage to get critical mining mass. 
PPCoin: The first Proof-of-work coin, though has not really caught on. 
Novacoin: This copycat combined litecoin and PPCoin and it actually had a chance.  Except the "developer" was a total scumbag, lied about pre-mining, bribed the exchanges and lost all credibility.  Still trades at 0.35-0.4 NVC/BTC, though pretty illiquid. 
eMunie: the most interesting new one, not yet released.  Totally different codebase, not just a copy/paste hack job like most the others.  Still, it's use of "interest" to early adopters is very ponzi-like and really will only harm the currency in the long-run.  Looks though like it will not be "pre-mined" and have an open, pre-announced launch which is refreshing from most the other sh*tcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krasnyoktyabr

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:29:48 AM

It really is ridicuous, a bunch of script-kiddies and wanna-bes just copying-pasting and calling themselves developers.  Such an embarassment.  The only alt-coins with any hope:
Litecoin: Added scrypt, the first to increase confirmation time, had first mover advantage to get critical mining mass. 
PPCoin: The first Proof-of-work coin, though has not really caught on. 
Novacoin: This copycat combined litecoin and PPCoin and it actually had a chance.  Except the "developer" was a total scumbag, lied about pre-mining, bribed the exchanges and lost all credibility.  Still trades at 0.35-0.4 NVC/BTC, though pretty illiquid. 
eMunie: the most interesting new one, not yet released.  Totally different codebase, not just a copy/paste hack job like most the others.  Still, it's use of "interest" to early adopters is very ponzi-like and really will only harm the currency in the long-run.  Looks though like it will not be "pre-mined" and have an open, pre-announced launch which is refreshing from most the other sh*tcoins.

Quite the judgmental individual.

PPcoin introduced proof of stake, not proof of work. Proof of work is the standard block subsidy.

Litecoin also wasn't the first coin to implement scrypt.

At least make a nice post without spelling errors and incorrect information when you're promoting something new.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:04:13 AM

You're wrong actually, it is being premined by the EMU Foundation. It may also be closed source.
mechs (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:31:01 AM

They clearly state it is open-source on their forums.  If it changes to close source, then it will be as dead as Ripple will be (even moreso without ripple's marketing).  Also, where did you hear about a pre-mine?
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

No they dont state its clearly going to be open source. Read the discussions on the forum. Its likely to be closed source at least initially. The premine is definite and the creator wont budge on that.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:22:34 AM

Read the forum to learn about the premine. They call it preallocation.
NickCoin

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:46:02 AM

Still, it's use of "interest" to early adopters is very ponzi-like and really will only harm the currency in the long-run.

I try to understand your logic of something having interest as being a Ponzi-scheme.

According to Wikipedia, ponzi scheme means only the early adopters get the benefit, while the laggards head off to lose. But my understanding of eMunie system is that everyone will get the benefits from interest, early adopters only get better interest when the network grows, but that doesn't hinder the laggards from gaining profits either.

And since there is no cap on how many EMu can be minted per year, nor total amount of EMU ever to exist, how can the late comers lose? if not out of their own stupidity?

On the other hand, Bitcoin, is definitely a true definition of ponzi-scheme, even it may lack some characteristics as pointed out by some economists.
Adano

Activity: 108

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:55:15 AM

No they dont state its clearly going to be open source. Read the discussions on the forum. Its likely to be closed source at least initially. The premine is definite and the creator wont budge on that.

It's only going to be closed sourced in the beginning and the reason is obvious: not to have many copy-paste coins competing with original e-munie

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you.
Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.
eCoinomist

Activity: 112

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 11:09:38 AM

Let me clarify the pre-mine and closed source accusations:
There will be EMU Foundation at the beginning, as stated in this latest update:
http://forum.emunie.com/threads/emunie-latest-technical-and-feature-set-ramblings-29th-june-2013.143/

The foundation will consist of several key members who contributed to the project, and not just the founder Fuserleer. The members of the Foundation will be voted by others and no one can just buy their way into the foundation without genuine contribution.

The Foundation will have a certain amount of reserve set at the beginning for these purposes:
  • giveaway to people
  • fund project development
  • bounties for various services
  • buffer the high initial interest rate due to rapid network growth (so early adopters will not gain huge unfair advantages like Bitcoin or all other altcoins so far)

All spending from this Foundation reserve will be reported publicly on a quarterly basis.

eMunie will be closed source at the begining because of these reasons:
  • agile deployment (the client will be constantly updated, improved until we find a nice balance where the network becomes stable), after this period, it will be open-source
  • stop copycat alt munies

mechs (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:24:31 AM

That is disappointing about eMunie being closed source and pre-mined. We should rename it YAScoin (Yet Another Sh*tcoin)
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:36:13 PM

That is disappointing about eMunie being closed source and pre-mined. We should rename it YAScoin (Yet Another Sh*tcoin)

Can u even read? 

They have been open and up front about what their intentions are before it is even released. Hardly a sh*it coin.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 12:57:08 PM

eMunie is a useless shitcoin there  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:32:33 PM

Yes, another useless shitcoin. Thats us.

What some of you fail to understand is fuserleer is making a currency, not a commodity. Some of you would be more at home with redcoin or what ever the flavor of the day is.

Those of you who believe in alt-currencies should come check the project out and see what it has to offer... ie changing the god damn world where btc failed.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
DryPowder

Activity: 144

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:43:04 PM

Let me clarify the pre-mine and closed source accusations:
There will be EMU Foundation at the beginning, as stated in this latest update:
http://forum.emunie.com/threads/emunie-latest-technical-and-feature-set-ramblings-29th-june-2013.143/

The foundation will consist of several key members who contributed to the project, and not just the founder Fuserleer. The members of the Foundation will be voted by others and no one can just buy their way into the foundation without genuine contribution.

The Foundation will have a certain amount of reserve set at the beginning for these purposes:
  • giveaway to people
  • fund project development
  • bounties for various services
  • buffer the high initial interest rate due to rapid network growth (so early adopters will not gain huge unfair advantages like Bitcoin or all other altcoins so far)

All spending from this Foundation reserve will be reported publicly on a quarterly basis.

• agile deployment (the client will be constantly updated, improved until we find a nice balance where the network becomes stable), after this period, it will be open-source
  • stop copycat alt munies

Thank's for the explanation.

Keep Your Powder Dry
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:47:09 PM

rofl.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 03:02:17 PM

You fail at logic. Shut up before you really embarrass yourself.

Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:15:03 PM

Why would he be failing at logic?

As long as it's closed source it's utterly worthless, and premine certainly doesn't help.

Are you trolling or what?

emerefer

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:27:03 PM

Why would he be failing at logic?

As long as it's closed source it's utterly worthless, and premine certainly doesn't help.

Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:31:01 PM

digitalindustry