Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:37:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance... is this place a scam?  (Read 3686 times)
Payne976

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

"ETHERJACK.io - Blockchain Jackpot game! ICO LIVE!

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:28:53 PM

Great news regarding Binance, just read on Reddit that they are halving their BTC withdrawal fees. Can't complain about that! (about time though to be honest)

Agent99

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:37:31 PM

A little nervous. Last night I bought 600 shares of IOTA which went up significantly today. I logged back in to move them off the Binance exchange and it is telling me that my withdraws are suspended due to "network congestion." I also have a small balance of ETH that has the same message.

No, they had been have some technical problems, but they are not scam. some weeks ago they tried to changes their servers. be rest.
manoj kumar k

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:45:12 PM

Binance is a very good game, likelihood binance can be a serious rival for bittrex, there is no reason to say binance SCAM.
Bittrex is much more severe than binance, now most accounts can not withdraw
Ri Polok

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:48:04 PM

I think right now Binance is the number one exchange for treading site in Crypto world, so don't worry about that...
BitcoinFrik

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:53:15 PM

I hardly doubt Binance is scam. That's the biggest exchange out there, with the most users and the highest volume in the last 24hours.
If so many people are trusting it, you shouldn't doubt it.
ajaymukund

Activity: 784

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:57:00 PM

A little nervous. Last night I bought 600 shares of IOTA which went up significantly today. I logged back in to move them off the Binance exchange and it is telling me that my withdraws are suspended due to "network congestion." I also have a small balance of ETH that has the same message.

I do not think Binance is a scam. It's a reputable site and it's growing nationally. This shows that Binance is very reputable and is trusted by many. And with the large number of people using their services, network congestion is a normal thing and you need to empathize for them. Every day they have many transactions to deal with, the number can reach millions of transactions.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
coinmgnet

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:58:47 PM

Binance is ok. If you are looking for a crappy exchange with plenty of scam coins you should probably take a look at EtherDelta. That's scam, not Binance.
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:26:19 PM

The first time I googled Binance, the top hit (and the only direct link to binance.com) was an Ad. It felt fishy, somehow, and I was unsure about using it. However there were a couple of coins it was offering that I really wanted to buy so I did some reading on it (that's how I found this thread, btw  Cheesy), bit the bullet and set up my account.  It's so easy to set up an account. Level 1 Verification allows you to withdraw up to 2BTC a day, and all you need is an email address. I'm glad I did that because now I like it quite a lot overall. Here are a few things about this exchange that have made me confident about using it:

1) There's a reminder to verify their webpage upon login (please check that you're visiting https://www.binance.com). Of course the onus is always on us to make sure we are not clicking through to a phishing site, but it's always nice to have a reminder from the original site itself

2) They are really insistent on 2FA (2 Factor Authorisation). As any exchange worth their salt should be. If you don't have 2FA on your accounts, get it. If you don't know what 2FA is, here's an explanation: http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/two-factor-authentication

3) They send an email to your associated email account for each successful login. This means that if you're monitoring your email, you can verify that you, and only you, are logging into your account.

4) They send an email to your associated email account each time you withdraw something. You have to confirm the withdrawal via email before it proceeds. This means that unless someone has control of both your account and your email, no one can withdraw funds without your knowledge.

5) They support many airdrops and forks. I can't speak to all coins but I have gotten GAS and ONT through NEO, and ETF with ETH. That's already better than other exchanges (I'm looking at you, Cryptopia...)

6) Support is pretty decent for an exchange of this volume. I had withdrawn some ETH from them right around the time that the Cryptokitties debacle hit. It was taking way longer to arrive in my wallet than usual. Before I learned that Cryptokitties was the reason for the ETN network slowdown, I sent them a support ticket. Within 48 hours, I had received a response - during a period when they must have received massive volumes of support tickets, due to something that was beyond their control. My ETH was credited into my wallet very soon after that. For me, that showed a lot of class.

TRADING:

As a basic trader (I buy to hold medium-to-long term) I find their trading view complicated to begin with. They have two trading views and I use the basic though the expert has some nice features, like showing your entire portfolio right there on the page.

What I like:

- It has relatively low fees. Switch to the BNB option for fees and you save an additional 50 Percent.
 - They have a nifty little 'percentage' option on their buy and sell windows so you can choose to spend 25, 50, 75 or 100 percent of your available BTC (or whatever market you're using) on your purchase. There's also a pop-up that tells you how many max units of each coin/token you can buy or sell, based on the purchase or selling price you have defined.

What I don't like:

- As a total noob, I wasn't a fan of the sell order/buy order ticker. I learned to read it pretty quick but there are other formats that are a lot more intuitive. (to balance things out since I was critical of them before: I'll give credit to Cryptopia for their easy-to-use trading view)

- This is the biggie: The fee is deducted from the coin amount you place in your buy order. It's not integrated into the window showing the total BTC spent. So if you aren't using the BNB fee option, and you put in an order for 10 units of something, you actually end up with a balance of 9.9 units. This is a huge deal if you're dealing with something like NEO. If you end up with 9.9 NEOs and want to send them to another wallet, you'll end up 'losing' the 0.9 NEO (minus transaction fees) because the NEO asset is not divisible.

If you want to sell your NEO instead of transfer it, you will only be able to sell your NEO up to 2 decimal places (other coins have different configurations.) Plus there's another transaction fee to contend with. So after all is said and done, you'll likely end up with 0.00xxxxxx worth of NEO, i.e, what is known as 'dust'. It's essentially wasted money, because those are balances that are too small to use in a trade. So unless you're willing or able to buy more NEO in order to 'use' your balance of NEO, those are small sums of money that are unusable. There's talk of Binance adjusting their policy on this but I'll believe it when I see it.

Despite this issue, I'm still happy to use Binance as one of my major exchanges. Transactions move quickly and support and communication is pretty good, as they showed during their recent maintenance issues. That being said, *any* online exchange is susceptible to hacks, and you should never keep more than you're willing to trade in any account that you don't hold the private keys to.
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 08:43:20 PM

Binance is no scam. Seems these thread is outdated. Binance is one of the best exchange you can get on currently. But it seems their most appealing feature (Mobile App) is no longer a selling point to me now as Bibox App has same UI.

https://cryptotvplus.com
mitkala

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:12:52 PM

Great news regarding Binance, just read on Reddit that they are halving their BTC withdrawal fees. Can't complain about that! (about time though to be honest)

Do you think the fee is still too high?
scaledem

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:18:55 PM

Binance is not a scam, but fees are high, so its a bit a scam   Grin
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:26:06 PM

Do you think the fee is still too high?

Binance decrease the withdrawal fee from 50% off (.0005btc) but still it is too high compare to normal transaction fee.
Right now Binance still a legit trading site beside is in the top of good exchange site with a high volume traders everyday but  we cannot say when this exchange site will turn to scam Smiley
AravinthP

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 01:29:10 PM

I am quite sure there is no other exchange like binance be it their ui or the service. With crypto there is no break it has to be online 24 hrs so you can expect the occasional hiccups

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
pusaka

Activity: 1106
Merit: 610

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:31:23 PM

What do you mean? Binance is a place scam?
you know, binance is an exchanges and many of people traded there and the best exchange at the moment.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:38:21 PM

Binance never be a scam exchange.
I traded thousand times on binance and never had a withdrawal issue. this makes binance legit for me.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 01:40:43 PM

Binance exchange is one of the few that have promise to eventually start helping its user collect airdrops/forked coins where-possible.

They are already providing the GAS produced to NEO holders.
And are working towards giving Stellar Lumen holders their regular XLM airdrop distributions that the network provides to HODLers.
And probably Thor to VeChain HODLers too in the near future.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
makladun

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:51:13 PM

its a really good exchange, and this is the one of the largest exchanges in the world at the moment. if u r faced with some difficulties and there's something wrong during ur transaction u can double check it at once og course. i think it may be some issues related to networking and think u r resolved for now. it's not a scam, no doubt.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:13:20 PM

The exchange is not guilty because of the network was overloaded. Shit happens and it was a bad time to send coins. This happens often in crypto. You must be able to overview the general situation before sending coins.

acorcos

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:16:25 PM

Sometimes wallets are in maintenance mode. This is normal on every crypto exchange out there. No need to cry scam imho.
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:33:24 PM

Sometimes wallets are in maintenance mode. This is normal on every crypto exchange out there. No need to cry scam imho.

Binance is one of a caliber exchange site in trading digital industry today and i used it every month and strongly recommend that binance is not a place of scam. Maybe you are not in good timing yet it's just a security updates were a lot of traders are tune in. So be carefull next time and make an update for the news.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: