Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:01:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My 2 year old sons most recent projections  (Read 3090 times)
semaforo (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:58:33 AM

god grow up

why not sell if we havent hit the bottom yet

Because then I would be propping up overvalued fiat and financing neo-colonialist racist regimes and their absurd wealth squelching borders. How's that for you?

Flushing your toilet pollutes our water in some insignificant way, and surely several orders of magnitude more significantly than selling your few BTC will to "prop up fiat".  Will you also choose to compost your stuff in the backyard instead?  You know, for the good of humanity and such noble objectives worthy of pursuing in detriment of your time and resources?

Every little bit makes a difference. For aesthetic and practical reasons I do find traditional toilets to be better. Gardening is not an efficient use of time by the obvious measures, but you can save on a gym membership by doing it, and I happen to believe that the irradiation of industrially produced vegetables eliminates a lot of bacteria that are beneficial to our immune and digestive systems. I don't have time to garden right now anyway... but in Germany there is centralized compost centers, so I do compost.

The only thing keeping fiat going is hundreds of millions of people who believe in it and use it. This is understandable since for a long time there was no real alternative. Now there is.

You can try and deride me for having objectives other than personal profit all you want- my motives are still the same as yours, but I am looking at the long term. What is good for one is good for many. Maybe I am one of a few now but I know there are more like me out there. The more people we have who believe in bitcoin and use it, the more money we are all going to make. The more people we have  trying to make a grand here and a grand there the longer it's going to take for bitcoin to take off.

What is good for bitcoin is good for all bitcoin owners. If I need to sell bitcoin to buy stuff only sold with fiat I will, but I won't hold any more fiat than I have to and I won't contribute to volatility. If the bitcoin community works in concert we have the potential to make this more profitable than all the profits of all the day traders on wall street for the last 20 years.

I did deride your proposals, crafting a bad joke along the way, and I'm sorry for that.  The ugly dip brought forward my less-than-polite side, I'm working on this personally.

I didn't know how much bitcoin you held, and my view was that a small sell transaction wouldn't change the general trajectory of the selloff, and hurt you much more than it helped.  In full disclosure, I bought BTC at $93, $76, and $67 USD/BTC.  Bitcoiners have different levels of investment in bitcoin, but we each have a voice, and that's the equalizer.  I have a (maybe misguided) view that bitcoin holdings are inversely related to propensity to sell on a selloff slope.

From my point of view, the best way to push the bitcoin economy forward is to patronize legal businesses that accept bitcoin, and if you have a say in it, to support those businesses you can influence into accepting Bitcoin as a method of payment.  This will go a much longer way to stabilize markets and make the irrational selloffs have less of an effect on overall pricing.

If you give me your BTC address, I'll send you a guilt-relief transfer, it'll make both of us feel better.

No need, don't worry about it. I was also somewhat terse, and compared to some of the abuse I've seen being slung around on this forum I think it's all been very civil here. I'm having enough trouble trying to figure out what to do with the bitcoins I've got. Sounds like you bought on a good trajectory.
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:24:27 AM

I'm having enough trouble trying to figure out what to do with the bitcoins I've got.
Invest them, to get even more bitcoins?

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:19:58 AM

I'm having enough trouble trying to figure out what to do with the bitcoins I've got.
Invest them, to get even more bitcoins?

And then?
You need to invest USD to get more usd by speculating with bitcoins.
Not to get more btc Sad

Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:30:24 AM

What?

semaforo (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:41:51 PM

What?

I don't get it either. I am open to suggestions as to how to invest btc to get more btc.
WeltMaster

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:45:43 PM

What?

I don't get it either. I am open to suggestions as to how to invest btc to get more btc.

Sell high and rebuy low, e.g "short" it. Basically.

Edit: I'm probably misreading this, excuse me if I sound patrionising.
semaforo (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:02:08 PM

What?

No thanks... I'm personally only interested in win-wins.
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:41:59 AM

What?

Hold it with you ,if you really want to get return ,you can invest your BTC on its stock market.  BTCT.CO and BITFUNDER.com
You can always create win-wins if you doing this way .
In facts ,I am hold my coins as well, I do not want create volatility and thus stop people to adopting it.

Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:21:18 AM

Sometimes writing PUT options can be seen as a win-win situation.

i.e. if the option wouldn't be redeemed, I would have gotten the premium in exchange of locking my money, while if it got redeemed, I basically would have bought cheap shares at a price slightly higher than the market (which is obviously worse than buying it at the market price, but if you made some figures you might decide it didn't matter really).

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: