Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:29:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitinstant "can not identify" me. I can not register  (Read 1209 times)
monkee (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:57:59 PM

"We were unable to identify you based on the information provided. We are aware of this problem and are working on a fix. Please contact us at support@bitinstant.com for additional assistance."

Exactly how is it that they are attempting to "identify" me?  

--

Also bitinstant, please make your facebook PUBLIC.  I will never have a facebook account an thus will never be able to see your page.  

The only results I found when searching for this issue pointed to your facebook page, which I can not see.  

--
*edit* if anyone near Philadelphia PA wants to sell BTC in person please let me know.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:07:16 PM

I think they want you to identify yourself with something official, like a Licence.  If you had more context, people would be able to help you better.  Also, this post belongs in Service Discussion.
monkee (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:34:30 PM

Thank you, if a mod could move my post to the correct section I'd appreciate it.  I don't see an option to do so.

Basically all I wanted to do was buy BTC from Bitinstant but they are forcing me to create an account.  Apparently they no longer let you buy BTC without having an account but I am unable to create such an an account, therefore unable to buy BTC from them.  Below is a screenshot that I receive.

What has become a more important question to me, more so than resolving this, is what does this "identification" process entail??  It seems to indicate that they are cross checking personally identifiable information that people submit with a list or database somewhere and they were not able to do so in my case, as a friend registered successfully just minutes before me.  

What are they checking in order to "identify" me, and with whom?
monkee (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:20:59 PM

Ok, using different information, most of it fake, I was able to get it to go through, but:

How does Bitinstant know how much my PARENTS paid for a house 15+ years ago and their address 20 years ago??

--

Where are they getting this information?
What information provided by me is used to gather this information?

It is very "stalker".  
koukanexchange

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:26:05 PM

Welcome to the United States.

Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:28:16 PM

This is part of "regulation". We're told it's good for Bitcoin.
monkee (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:35:26 PM

Welcome to the United States.

Don't remind me Sad

So I tried to finish creating the account, only because I want for BTC at the moment.  Unfortunately, you are required to answer ALL 3 address verifications, dating back over 20 years.  Since I do not know how much my parents paid for a house 15+ years ago, I am apparently no longer wanted as a Bitinstant customer.  Sad because they made a lot of money off of me in the past.

If you live near Philly, please see my new post, I want to buy BTC for cash, up to 100 BTC:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251785.0

No wonder the price is falling, it is 10x easier to spend than to buy Sad
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 07:22:55 PM

Thank you, if a mod could move my post to the correct section I'd appreciate it.  I don't see an option to do so.

Lower left, after the thread.  You can move it yourself.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
monkee (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:37:15 PM

So after calling my mother and trying to explain why I needed to know how much they sold their house for, over 15 years ago, I was finally granted the privilege of logging in to bitinstant.com!  Yay.  Just to be clear, I was not attempting to link a bank account or anything, just simply create an account!

So I attempt to set up my first deposit and am presented with this page:

It appears that you can NOT skip, despite what Bitinstant's site says.  Clicking "Log-In" with no info submitted results in a log-in error.

So I log in AGAIN anyway, set up an order AGAIN, click "Place Order" and whamo:

could Bit"instant" be ANY more freaking difficult to use??  I'm so frustrated!  They refuse to take my money no matter how hard I try to give it to them :/
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:40:00 PM

United States government.

BTC Long.
Dacm4n

Activity: 363

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 06:40:42 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2013, 09:53:11 PM by Dacm4n

So after calling my mother and trying to explain why I needed to know how much they sold their house for, over 15 years ago, I was finally granted the privilege of logging in to bitinstant.com!  Yay.  Just to be clear, I was not attempting to link a bank account or anything, just simply create an account!

So I attempt to set up my first deposit and am presented with this page:

It appears that you can NOT skip, despite what Bitinstant's site says.  Clicking "Log-In" with no info submitted results in a log-in error.

So I log in AGAIN anyway, set up an order AGAIN, click "Place Order" and whamo:

could Bit"instant" be ANY more freaking difficult to use??  I'm so frustrated! They refuse to take my money no matter how hard I try to give it to them :/
At least you still have your money, they still have not processed my withdrawal and it's been over a week. I tried to contact there support but nothing. For now it's best to avoid them and there amateur service. Hopefully in the future this will change.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 06:42:47 PM

Ok, using different information, most of it fake,

Have fun in jail.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: