Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:00:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PRSC] Parsec Frontiers – a virtual galaxy MMO blockchain  (Read 3128 times)
amado88 (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 02:04:34 PM

Another project with the game ... are You sure that the game will be successful? now a lot of MMO RPG shareware , or given they are not so many people ...

The team is proven by creating games with millions of players many times over, but a success is never guaranteed when it comes to games.

Unlike other games with cryptocurrencies, all assets will be accounted for on the distributed ledger - which brings confidence in the economy. So, you don't have to trust that the developer will not create inflation by changing drop rates or how objects are appearing.

Combining asset transparency with the fact that money can easily enter and exit the virtual economy, and you are starting to see the outline of a completely new type of real-money skill-based game where you can actually earn a profit by playing the game if you're better than others that are playing.

Or, you can view the economy as a perfect target for trading/investing/speculation: If you're carefully watching the prices of, say, iron ore on the exchanges, you can decide that you want to make a sizeable bet on iron ore to rise - you can purchase Parsec Credits and buy iron ore on exchanges - much like you would buy (or short) a stock. So: assets inside virtual economies becomes a new asset class on its own. Much like cryptocurrency now has become a completely new asset class for fund managers.

This is all part of our vision for making a game with a deep, complex, player-controlled virtual economy - using blockchain to establish transparency and trust in the economy itself instead of trust in the game developer alone.
Randian Hero

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:19:05 PM

Is there any plans for airdrop  Huh

We are still considering airdrop, and have some ideas. We will also reward our community.

Airdrop program will make the community more aware of your coin. Good luck

Haha. I'm pretty sure airdrop mostly attracts speculators and those who don't want to do anything. The best move is good advertisement.
I would recommend the team to develop at least a demo of the game so that people could try it before investing. Even so, there was a project that collected money with demo of their game and run away.
Good luck anyways.
amado88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 08:56:58 PM

I think this project will be conquer.
I love to play game from childhood.
So that's obviously interesting project for me .
When the game will be release?
The game has a gradual rollout of modules: There will be auctions and trading of spaceships and mining rights from early summer 2018, but December 2018 is when travelling and exploration will be made available. Extraction of resources is scheduled for Februar 2019, crafting and production in May 2019 with December 2019 seeing the launch of PvP combat.
seriin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:39:41 PM

Wow this project may succeed. I believe in the potential of Parsec Frontiers. People should know about this online game. I'm really into games since chilhood. Specially in todays days, online games is widely spread, so people are looking for something unique. I will look forward to this project.

Respect bitcointalk Form moderators and Forum Rules.
Do not spoil others Reputation.
hadang

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:24:42 AM

Will the project start in 2010? Why until now ICO open source project calling for capital?
What are the advantages of the project compared to other ICOs?
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:40:00 AM

Is this project for games here? Or hat should we do here can you tell me what can i do here coz i really want to play games here

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
s2sallbygrace

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:29:15 PM

Another virtual reality game, are you sure you're on the right track? With so many RPG games in the internet what makes your games different from all of them? Well of course aside from your game that incorporates with crypto and blockchain, is there anything else that makes you game differ from all those games?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
amado88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 02:05:13 PM

Will the project start in 2010? Why until now ICO open source project calling for capital?
What are the advantages of the project compared to other ICOs?
As you may know, the server backend for MMOs with "a lot" of players is very demanding - which is why MMOs often go down when they launch or in other ways experience server problems. Artplant's server technology for Battlestar Galactica Online initiated in development in 2010, and when BGO launched the server worked flawlessly for 6 months before a planned maintenance break. That is pretty stellar in the MMO world.

The project concept was finished in June 2017, and since then we have been working on detailing the project, assembling the team, building partnerships and starting with the blockchain technology architecture. It is still early stage, this Pre-Sale is the absolutely first round of funding for the project.

Advantages of this project vs other ICOs:
Great question. First of all, most game related projects are trying to be a platform in one way or another. This is an appeal to the traditional VC/fund way of thinking - a business that scales. However, the fact that blockchain games/worlds are in nature decentralised and "owned" by the token holders instead of companies trying to profit, means that such a project has every incentive to develop its own technology and not make someone else rich unless the project absolutely need the solution. So, instead of platforms it is better to invest in Decentraland, Parsec Frontiers and others that form the front lines of blockchain gaming.

As in the real world - money is backed by an economy. Cross-world tokens makes no sense, as you could just as well use a mainstream cryptocurrency instead. Instead, each game or virtual world will have its own token. And joining a project means that you will have to evaluate the project on its own merits.

Parsec Frontiers is a project with grand ambitions. We are building a copy of the Milky Way, gamified with exploration, resource extraction, combat and empire building. All assets are on a blockchain, fully verifiable - which means the economy will have the confidence of all players. This transparency makes it easier to form an opinion on what resources are over- or undervalued. And connecting the token with exchanges makes it easy to move money in and out of the virtual world.

Blockchain-based virtual worlds and gaming worlds will become a HUGE part of the blockchain future. When everyone is FUDing about cryptocurrencies not having any real value or function - that is where a blockchain-based game is completely different. Inside of the world both assets and tokens have a real value and provides advantages and ownership in a way that all participants of that world will place a value on. The value will of course be up to the players/participants to decide - in a free, open and transparent market.
seriin

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:49:46 PM

Many people wants money, but of course, some more wants to play online games spending their money. So, this project has a wide view of whats people are really wants and provide it to the users. Parsec Frontiers is really promising project.

Respect bitcointalk Form moderators and Forum Rules.
Do not spoil others Reputation.
goodvibes05

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:00:06 PM

It seems to me that gamers have to pay while playing this, they to pay to upgrade and to have a strong weapon. Some gamesrs do pay just have  their game more exciting but can they earn tokens or rewards while playing this game?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
amado88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 12:52:46 AM

It seems to me that gamers have to pay while playing this, they to pay to upgrade and to have a strong weapon. Some gamesrs do pay just have  their game more exciting but can they earn tokens or rewards while playing this game?
Parsec Frontiers is not going to have a free-to-play model like you normally find on mobile games. Even though you also can play on mobile, it is better suited for desktop/laptop machines - and will run on both Windows, Mac and Linux machines in addition to mobile since it is browser-based.

So, like a premium game, you will need to spend some money to buy a spaceship and get started. The prices of spaceships will be determined by the community's supply and demand. If you know someone else who's playing then you can ask them to create a spaceship for you.

You will be able to work within the game, by doing missions/contracts where other players pay you to do tasks they don't have time or capacity to do themselves.

You can also make money by playing a lot, and by being good at timing your transactions. Also, if you are able to identify profitable trading opportunities you can also make a profit by trading.

So, many opportunities will be available to everyone playing - vast opportunities in a vast galaxy Smiley
JustQueen

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:36:28 AM

It looks like another game is coming. Do you think it will be popular if people needs to pay money for that game? But if they are really a gamer I think the money will be worth for them.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
supergorg27

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:11:18 AM

It seems to be this project would be successful and im very much excited there would be another games to be played for the gamers.

poomafuga

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:40:29 AM

multiplayer games are now a big thing. however, you can’t play just any game at any time or anywhere but this game its a multiplayer game that you can play whenever you want to unlike other games where you need to matchmake for. hmins or even hours. as a game, i would give this a try, a lot of people would love this game, maybe even kids lol.
s2sallbygrace

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:43:06 AM

How can this game be beneficial for everyone? For gamers, investors, founder? Do you think this game will attract more investors?

dariloff

Activity: 1064
Merit: 633

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:19:43 PM

Found article about your partnership with BitSpace
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@bitspace/press-release-bitspace-enters-into-partnership-with-parsec-frontiers
btcdeds

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:16:59 PM

hi,, how much the price of this token in Pre sale ?
Hi! You can see here now : https://wp.parsecfrontiers.com/Pre-Sale_Document_0.6.pdf
Pre sale: 1 ETH = 845,000 PARSEC
Crowd Sale: 1 ETH = 650,000 PARSEC
dego

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:51:07 AM

Nice. I am very enthusiastic about this project. Blockchain ledgers are a perfect fit for complex game economies. There are some projects already, but this could be huge!
amado88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 09:15:48 PM

Nice. I am very enthusiastic about this project. Blockchain ledgers are a perfect fit for complex game economies.
We agree wholeheartedly Smiley 2018 will be the year when the game development companies move into blockchain for real - mainstream blockchain usage will be a reality.
amado88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 01:44:23 PM

https://i.imgur.com/cHxSYD8.png

We have just released a new blog post:

Virtual Economies will be built and controlled by players
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: