Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:58:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the Bitcoin Bubble pops, will altcoins go bust too?  (Read 1097 times)
dvsrydin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:08:26 AM

Maybe ethereum will take over bitcoins place because that's what it looks like right now.
No offense to bitcoin, it was a great idea and got people thinking.  But there are WAAAY better solutions out there. Alts are here to stay; we just gotta see which one will come out on top.
kumara

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:27:47 AM

Or will they feed off of Bitcoin's carcass and take off?

The latter. They will definitely live on capturing the marketing buzz that has made Bitcoin more famous.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:58:31 AM

Now ethereum is taking off even bitcoin fails market moving towards solution and potentiality . Bitcoin will reach 20000$ by 2022 by market experts and most of analytics but it reached now market price correction happening . Other altcoins moving based on its potentiality.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:24:20 PM

Make up your mind, bitcoin is not a bubble. Not because you see it dumping and pumping it is a bubble already. Its normal for a bitcoin to show volatility. Lets assume that bitcoin is a bubble yo answer your question. There will be two possible scenario to happen: one would be the same time dumping of both Bitcoin and altcoin. We know that once bitcoin rise, altcoin dump while once bitcoin dump altcoin go with it. I assure you bitcoin popping will result to chaos and for this reason whales will never let this happen.

Second scenario woyld be, whales will transfer to other coin which qill result to rising of a new one. Well, that would be a hard thing to happen knowing that it will take a large group of whale is needed to see this phenomenon. So stop, thinking of bitcoin as a bubble because that is just a hoax.
Blas

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:31:34 PM

I don't think Bitcoin is a bubble. But because is a currency it can be manipulated much or less. So bubble could be created (possibly, but not likely in my opinion). If "Bitcoin bubble" ever pops this will hurt all the Altcoins. People will lose faith and will withdraw huge amounts of money. This will kill the market for months, may be years.
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:38:07 PM

I don't think Bitcoin is a bubble. But because is a currency it can be manipulated much or less. So bubble could be created (possibly, but not likely in my opinion). If "Bitcoin bubble" ever pops this will hurt all the Altcoins. People will lose faith and will withdraw huge amounts of money. This will kill the market for months, may be years.

Yes bitcoin is like one strong pillar for all the crypto currency market and we have already notice when here is a dump in bitcoin it affects all the altcoins so if bitcoin bubble bursts then it will be the end of altcoins as well but I don't think bitcoin is a bubble and I strongly believe crypto is the future.

Am I spamming? Report me!
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:42:12 PM

I think when bitcoin bubble pops, the altcoins will goes too because most of altcoins is traded to bitcoin so it will affect the value of altcoins. But I believe that btc will come back from it loss.
shandiem14

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:47:15 PM

Ofcourse its a part of core of bitcoin. if bitcoin pumps all alts will follow and i think bitcoin  will continue grows gradually because we d have a lot if ICO's who are investing and holding some coins. we could see another all time high.
walterw
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

Do you need a campaign manager? PM me.

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:53:33 PM

Unfortunately, in my opinion, the other coins also burst or crash.
But I can not imagine that the Bitcoin bursts or decreases in the next few years. In the long term, bitcoin is likely to increase in price.
Anyway, I hope.

Rahman11

Activity: 1428

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:08:40 PM

My opinion and i think if every investors loss their hope about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency and stop their invest for cryptocurrency then it's automatically going down as soon as possible! but i think it's not possible to hopeless everyone about cryptocurrency in near future.
walterw
Copper Member

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:11:14 PM

My opinion and i think if every investors loss their hope about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency and stop their invest for cryptocurrency then it's automatically going down as soon as possible! but i think it's not possible to hopeless everyone about cryptocurrency in near future.

With the capital being used and still being used, I hardly believe that many investors lose their trust. We are in
digital age. Luckily. Cheesy

lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:17:51 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 03:27:33 AM by lighpulsar07

No. Some investors will invest on altcoin and sells their bitcoins so, it other way around bitcoin crashes while alts are rising in some cases they are both crashing due to price decrease on bitcoin anyways bitcoin is still holding on 13k so, don't worry about it and also bitcoin is still far from the price last year january 2017 so, if you imagine bitcoin had quick boost.
walterw
Copper Member

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:19:32 PM

No. Some investors will invest on altcoin and sells their bitcoins so, it other way around bitcoin crashes while alts are rising in some cases they are both crashing due to price decrease on bitcoin.

Therefore you should get off at the right time. But I just can not imagine that it will be ready in the next few years.

jaymz87

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:22:44 PM

Depends what the reason is for BTC popping.

If it's because something else somehow replaces it, then chances are things will dip with BTC but resurge with the replacement.

A full on bubble burst for BTC with no clear replacement however will definitely kill most ALTs. Only ones that may remain with any kind of value would be businesses with legit and working products. I hate to say it, but Ripple could probably keep XRP alive without BTC...
jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:23:48 PM

If bitcoin goes down everything goes down, we have been able to see that the last few days and also many times before. For many still alt coins cannot succeed without bitcoin, hopefully in time this mindset will change. Also though let's not forget that many times what causes one to fall also causes others to fall, such as the current reason for the fall.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
walterw
Copper Member

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:26:21 PM

I hate to say it, but Ripple could probably keep XRP alive without BTC...

I agree with that. I do not know why all the ripple hate. Sure, it also has drawbacks, but I think the benefits of this coin outweigh clearly.

Kidmat

Activity: 774

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:32:38 PM

If bitcoin goes down everything goes down, we have been able to see that the last few days and also many times before. For many still alt coins cannot succeed without bitcoin, hopefully in time this mindset will change. Also though let's not forget that many times what causes one to fall also causes others to fall, such as the current reason for the fall.
Its not in line, in some cases if bitcoin drops some altcoins pump. Yes we see it the changes happen not all succeed in this market. So better ride just to earn profit and ofcourse out if you are earning already.
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 11:36:32 PM

For me this years become the year of altcoin. And altought bitcoin price are down, some altcoin like ETHREUM dont get impact with that. Many people maybe change their interest with altcoin right now.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Ch1bi

Activity: 289
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:49:38 PM

If Bitcoin does pop I do thing altcoins would fall for a bit. However, I don't think the whole altcoin market will crash. I do think coins such as Litecoin and/or Ethereum will take the place of Bitcoin accordingly. We are starting to see this with how other coins are taking the place of Bitcoin because of its high fees.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
kingcrypto-the2nd

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:40:05 AM

the question is are atl dependent on bitcoin ? if this question is answered then u have got an answer
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: