Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:15:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.25 BTC Bounty - Show me a Mt Gox USD Withdrawal :)  (Read 48802 times)
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:58:00 AM

They are sending withdraws, they are just backlogged.  They are able to fulfill withdrawal requests, it will just take time.

And yet this very thread is about a total of 0.75 BTC unclaimed bounty vs showing a successful withdrawal.
You'd think someone would come up try and claim that money.

(sorry for condescending tone)

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:03:57 AM

The question here is who is selling on MtGox?  Why sell when you cannot withdraw the money?  I think it is MtGox itself that is selling and they are trying to make some additional money on arbitrage - maybe trying to cover some bigger fuckup or something.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:09:44 AM

The question here is who is selling on MtGox?  Why sell when you cannot withdraw the money?  I think it is MtGox itself that is selling and they are trying to make some additional money on arbitrage - maybe trying to cover some bigger fuckup or something.

And the bitcoin community eeked out a resounding, "Duh!"

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
abcehmumhecba

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:40:32 AM

i just made another successful domestic withdrawl to my Japanese bank account.  Took only a day or 2 as usual.

(i know this doesn't count, but just thought i'd let you guys know)
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:22:55 PM

i just made another successful domestic withdrawl to my Japanese bank account.  Took only a day or 2 as usual.

(i know this doesn't count, but just thought i'd let you guys know)

Was it in USD?
God9394

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:34:42 PM

I got screenshot
https://i.imgur.com/Zd8WY7u.png

pay btc 19SzqoXtkXRf2CxKfXQavYiBiytEZoiS2p TY
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 01:27:03 PM

I got screenshot
https://i.imgur.com/Zd8WY7u.png

pay btc 19SzqoXtkXRf2CxKfXQavYiBiytEZoiS2p TY

hehe maybe that's why their bank wire's aren't going through :p

They forgot to put a date on the wiring instructions Sad

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
zeroblock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:10:34 PM

hahahhaha.  BTC coming right up!
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:33:26 PM

Anyone want to chip in, I can try to withdraw into an Asian bank?

If this work, I can help the person who pay the experiment fee to withdraw. This of course will cost money when the money has to exchange from USD to local currency, then from local currency back to USD for wiring out.

Trillian

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:48:25 PM

It is so ironic, that the very regulations meant to protect users, have now exacerbated the situation of MtGox to the degree where users are now bound to be screwed over.

I do hope the effect on the USD/BTC is minimal or temporary, which is possible since MtGox now effectively discourages the sell off of BTC! I'm holding on to my nickers, don't ya'll panick now, things will be all right in the end.
zeroblock

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:44:34 PM

What you are really looking at is a company run by people who never knew what they were doing.  Mt.Gox's name is reflective of this.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:50:52 PM

They are sending withdraws, they are just backlogged.  They are able to fulfill withdrawal requests, it will just take time.

And yet this very thread is about a total of 0.75 BTC unclaimed bounty vs showing a successful withdrawal.

Right... a bounty for a withdrawal started less than 8 business days ago when MtGox said it would take several weeks to get caught on on the queue before they can deal with new requests.

(sorry for throwing reasonableness in your face)

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
zeroblock

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:42:52 PM

Why would Mt.Gox be able to resume USD withdraws without registering as a money transmitter in all 50 states?  This won't happen for a very long time.  Why are you defending Mt.Gox, the facts are brutally honest about their liquidity position.
EuroTrash

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:44:12 PM

Right... a bounty for a withdrawal started less than 8 business days ago when MtGox said it would take several weeks to get caught on on the queue before they can deal with new requests.

Quoting for posterity.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:48:02 PM

Quoting for posterity.

Thank you.  And please call me all kinds of nasty names if this isn't all cleared up in 1 - 1.5 months.

OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:52:56 PM

With that being said, there aren't many explanations that fit.  But even if Mt.Gox collapses, you still have rather large markets with Bitstamp, Coinbase, and Btc-e, which should be able to provide enough liquidity/volume until some US exchanges become compliant.  

Put your money where your mouth is. Or is this just another useless attempt to push up the price on Gox? I'm just wondering.

The simplest explanation is that Gox is simply overstrained and can not process payments quickly enough. Honestly: Anyone with even half a brain cell can see that.

Gox is simply incapable and it can take forever to get regulated their stuff.

But Bitstamp and BTCe are still much less capable of transferring hundreds of millions of dollars back and forth. You have to be braindead to believe it. It takes many years to build such an infrastructure.

But everyone can not wait should check out and switch to Bitstamp or elsewhere. Then the price shoots up on Gox and goes down elsewhere. That's Free Market Economy. No problem.

Again: Put your money where your mouth is. Everything else is useless chatter.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:55:25 PM

Again: Put your money where your mouth is. Everything else is useless chatter.

+1

BTW, I have some funds sitting on MtGox, so my money is precisely where my mouth is.

EuroTrash

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:05:04 PM

Thank you.  And please call me all kinds of nasty names if this isn't all cleared up in 1 - 1.5 months.

No need. If your money is where your mouth is, you'll end up calling yourself those nasty names.
And just in case - should Gox ever pay all pending withdrawals without scamming anyone, I'll bump this thread and make public amend.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:14:21 PM

No need. If your money is where your mouth is, you'll end up calling yourself those nasty names.
And just in case - should Gox ever pay all pending withdrawals without scamming anyone, I'll bump this thread and make public amend.

Well, it is only a couple percent for my trading bot to play with.  But I would trust any bitcoin exchange with more than a few percent.  I just get tired of people freaking out when something that has been historically unreliable is.... unreliable.

OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:05:29 PM

I'll bump this thread and make public amend.

Please do not change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: