Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:57:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.25 BTC Bounty - Show me a Mt Gox USD Withdrawal :)  (Read 48801 times)
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:46:06 AM

Option 2) They stall/delay/lie over the period of several months and their market share slowly disperses to other exchanges.  Users slowly get used to the fact that Gox might be in trouble.  After a while people expect that Gox is in trouble.  By the time they finally announce their bankruptcy everyone will be expecting it, and while their will be a lot of any people still left in that 40% market share, and it will affect the price of Bitcoin as a whole, it will not be anywhere near the disastrous results of option 1.

Agree on this one, although to me it still feels like the "bargaining" stage of grief.

(disclaimer: at present I have no fiat nor coins in any exchange. Only coins in cold storage.)

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hack

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 11:16:50 AM

Smiley Grin :(what times?
gaston909

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:13:06 PM

I would love to see some of my cash come back, doesn't look likely.
Pangia

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:37:32 PM

Damn.

NO ONE seems to have been successful in making a USD withdrawal from Magic The Gathering Online eXchange.

Not very reassuring.

I mean, it were just a huge backlog or incompetent management, then at least ONE person on this forum should have been successful.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:52:33 PM

Damn.

NO ONE seems to have been successful in making a USD withdrawal from Magic The Gathering Online eXchange.

Not very reassuring.

I mean, it were just a huge backlog or incompetent management, then at least ONE person on this forum should have been successful.

NO ONE huh?

I received a wire from mtgox for a large amount.  Took about 1.5 months, and a couple of support requests, but it finally came in.  They're fixing it, and within the next month or less, it should be back to normal. 

I don't think people realize how much volume gox does...  ANY exchange with similar volume will/have run into these issues.

-EP

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:14:16 PM

Two more such claims just surfaced:

Are any fiat withdrawals possible or not? A while ago they suspended USD withdrawals, but mentioned that EUR and other currencies would not be affected.
However, EUR withdrawals seem not to work over the past week.

Who in the forum has the same problem or managed to withdraw fiat currencies?

My SEPA withdrawal from the 4th of June arrived today (950€). SEPA seems to work again. I can not confirm if this is true for withdrawals over 1000 Euros. But I trust Gox.

The panic and the allegations go way too far for my taste. Gox has for various reasons lost in a short time many of his virtual withdrawal options (Dwolla, Liberty Reserve, OKPAY). All customers fall back to the normal banking transfers. But they were already at the limit before.

One of my withdrawals arrived today. This was, however, the last one I did. Two still remains (which was executed prior to the one I received).

All we need now is photo "proof"  Wink
zeroblock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:15:11 PM

Damn.

Not very reassuring.

NO ONE huh?

I received a wire from mtgox for a large amount.  Took about 1.5 months, and a couple of support requests, but it finally came in.  They're fixing it, and within the next month or less, it should be back to normal. 

I don't think people realize how much volume gox does...  ANY exchange with similar volume will/have run into these issues.

-EP

Gox processes a tiny amount of fiat volume compared to other companies.  

notme
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:16:26 PM

Damn.

Not very reassuring.

NO ONE huh?

-EP

Gox processes a tiny amount of fiat volume compared to other companies.  

And way more than any Bitcoin company.  Banks don't like regulatory uncertainty, and Bitcoin takes the cake there.

Pangia

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:23:20 PM

Damn.

Not very reassuring.

NO ONE huh?

I received a wire from mtgox for a large amount.  Took about 1.5 months, and a couple of support requests, but it finally came in.  They're fixing it, and within the next month or less, it should be back to normal.  

I don't think people realize how much volume gox does...  ANY exchange with similar volume will/have run into these issues.

-EP

Hi NotMe,

I don't want to get into a pissing contest, but it seems that you either work for MTGOX or you're a client hell-bent on continuing to believe that something isn't awry with MTGOX.

If in fact the individual you referenced in your remark did receive their USD, then did they submit proof and recieve their BTC reward (I think that it's up to .75 BTC now).

Best Regards,
Pangia

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
notme
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:34:21 PM

Damn.

Not very reassuring.

NO ONE huh?

I received a wire from mtgox for a large amount.  Took about 1.5 months, and a couple of support requests, but it finally came in.  They're fixing it, and within the next month or less, it should be back to normal.  

I don't think people realize how much volume gox does...  ANY exchange with similar volume will/have run into these issues.

-EP

Hi NotMe,

I don't want to get into a pissing contest, but it seems that you either work for MTGOX or you're a client hell-bent on continuing to believe that something isn't awry with MTGOX.

If in fact the individual you referenced in your remark did receive their USD, then did they submit proof and recieve their BTC reward (I think that it's up to .75 BTC now).

Best Regards,
Pangia

Cool.  Believe what you want.  I'm just sharing evidence.

It doesn't take much effort to maintain my belief that MtGox will return to normal withdrawal times within 1.5 months, so I don't think "hell-bent" is an accurate characterization.

Pangia

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:42:02 PM

Damn.

Not very reassuring.

NO ONE huh?

-EP

Hi NotMe,

Best Regards,
Pangia

Cool.  Believe what you want.  I'm just sharing evidence.

It doesn't take much effort to maintain my belief that MtGox will return to normal withdrawal times within 1.5 months, so I don't think "hell-bent" is an accurate characterization.

Hi NotMe,

I'm not pushing the subject, I just would like to know for my own edification. Did the person that received their USD withdrawal from MTGOX (the person you referenced as evidence) collect their .75 BTC reward?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
bitcodo

Activity: 509

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:45:37 PM

If you do money transmitting business and you are not registered as Money Services Businesses (MSBs), you can get get a penalty or even go to jail. If you do want to register as MSB, you must pay, wait and not do any business. So gox is trapped. Am I right?
notme
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:46:29 PM

Hi NotMe,

I'm not pushing the subject, I just would like to know for my own edification. Did the person that received their USD withdrawal from MTGOX (the person you referenced as evidence) collect their .75 BTC reward?

It looks like he asked about it, but nobody answered him.

Is there still a bounty?  Mine came through.

-EP

BTW, if you click on a person's name you can then click "Show the last posts of this person." to view their posts.  Then I don't have to do your investigation for you.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:48:37 PM

If you do money transmitting business and you are not registered as Money Services Businesses (MSBs), you can get get a penalty or even go to jail. If you do want to register as MSB, you must pay, wait and not do any business. So gox is trapped. Am I right?

Gox is working on registration.  You do not have to stop operations while they process the paperwork.

Pangia

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:59:06 PM

Hi NotMe,

It looks like he asked about it, but nobody answered him.

Is there still a bounty?  Mine came through.

-EP

BTW, if you click on a person's name you can then click "Show the last posts of this person." to view their posts.  Then I don't have to do your investigation for you.

Hi NotMe,

Okay. I did the clickee thing and read EPiSKING's post. He stated that he received his withdrawal, but yet provided no proof as was requested by the OP (The Banker). So in essence, we still don't have anyone receiving a USD withdrawal yet.  If EPiSKING did receive his USD withdrawal then there's no reason no to provide proof and collect his reward.

I mean I could post that I just figured out how to create electricity by rubbing 2 sticks together, but without proof, all I'm doing is posting an unverified statement.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
zeroblock

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:59:11 PM

Gox is working on registration.  You do not have to stop operations while they process the paperwork.

They might be registering users (cash flow in), but not letting any USD out.  That is not the definition of an exchange.  

Actually, scrap that.  They are even having trouble accepting deposits now.  

"In the past we were able to credit customer accounts before the funds arrived in our own bank account, meaning that it could only take 3~4 days to register. The new process may take a week to ten days to register on your account depending on your bank, as well as weekends and holidays."

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/21692589-Changes-to-Deposit-Transfer-Procedures
bitcodo

Activity: 509

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:01:42 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2013, 09:16:23 PM by bitcodo

Gox is working on registration.  You do not have to stop operations while they process the paperwork.

OK, thanks, good news

EDIT:
But why Bitcoin Foundation's board member Patrick Murck says:
How hard is it to get registered as an MSB?

(PM) There are two significant barriers: money and time. The minimum I’ve seen 50 state licenses done is for $2M in fees and surety bonds, and takes about 1.5 years to go through the licensing process. During the 1.5 years you’re not allowed to operate at all, even under a provisional license. This obviously causes concern for investors, because there is a signfiicant amount of money tied up for a long period of time, and no way to prove the business model before hand. An alternative is to work as an agent under another company’s MSB license, but you still have to make sure you comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML), etc.

Maybe wrong quoting by http://thegenesisblock.com/town-hall-discussion-with-gavin-andresen-and-patrick-murck/
or foundation is just full of weird people https://bitcoinfoundation.org/about/board
notme
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:11:43 PM

Hi NotMe,

Okay. I did the clickee thing and read EPiSKING's post. He stated that he received his withdrawal, but yet provided no proof as was requested by the OP (The Banker). So in essence, we still don't have anyone receiving a USD withdrawal yet.  If EPiSKING did receive his USD withdrawal then there's no reason no to provide proof and collect his reward.

I mean I could post that I just figured out how to create electricity by rubbing 2 sticks together, but without proof, all I'm doing is posting an unverified statement.

I understand that, and I'm not asking you to believe him or me.  I just wanted to share something that seems to contradict your statement that

Whether or not you you believe him is up to you.  I'm not here to convince you, just to share evidence.

I will pm him and let him know the bounty is still available.  See, there are ways to resolve these things.  You don't have to throw your hands up in the air.  Now, please remember not everyone lives on these forums, so it may take some time for him to respond.

EPiSKiNG
Legendary

Activity: 800
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 10:12:28 PM

Bounty to: 18KcLRpwrzmjkumE7Xpqk2NV2oZbL6QsHT

-EP

YOU CAN TRUST ME! EPiSKiNG-'s COINS!! BUYING / SELLING BTC - USA --- View my OTC Trading Feedback!!
<gribble> You are identified as user EPiSKiNG-, with GPG key id 721730127CD7574D, key fingerprint EBFC267F8F10EFD1FB84854D721730127CD7574D, and bitcoin address 1EPiSKiNG139bzcwTm8rxMFNfFFdanLW5K
bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 10:27:59 PM

Congrats EPiSKiNG on getting your wire.  I remember a month ago or so, you posted the Mt Gox chat logs and asked if canceling meant they would put you in back of the queue.  Looks like they are getting around to doing them, though it may take a while.

Thinking about re-initiating my wire today and will see what happens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: