Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:20:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I get a hardware wallet ?  (Read 1146 times)
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:31:43 PM

Yes, I am using Ledger hardware wallet and didn’t regret buying it. Ledger is easy to use and handy, it support not only BTC but some other altcoins and ERC20 tokens. I will highly recommend you to get it from the official website.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PHP.guru

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:10:10 PM

It is good to own a hardware wallet if you have a lot of investment in your wallet. It is to add another layer of security to prevent your account detail to be hacked by the hacker.

akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:18:00 PM

There is no danger if you hold your Bitcoin in your wallet. If you want more security you can buy TRAZOR wallet. Buy this wallet from manufacturer directly. Check on receiving that software should not be preloaded in the wallet.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:22:29 PM

For holding long term, it is good to buy a hardware wallet. I have been using one and find it good and easy to use.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:31:54 PM

I don't know more about hardware wallet.but the wallet you have told, I have heard its name before. I think in choosing a wallet ,you should let us know about what amount of Bitcoin you do want to store. then this would be help anyone to suggest you something better.

kasianov77

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:39:23 PM

I believe that an external wallet is required if you really expect growth, and it is not the numbers of the order of several months. Also, it's still a question of security of your investments. Scammers very much now.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:50:15 PM

Yes it is a good thing i currently own a trezor and store all my funds in it i don't have to ever worry about my precious wallet coinbase getting hacked or worry that an exchange has been hacked because my funds are already securely stored in my hardware wallet. Many people normally suggest buying a ledger but trezor isn't bad
roxbit

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:03:28 AM

You must buy a hardware wallet if you keep large amounts of money. This is one of the best methods of safe storage of crypto currency.

Yes, if only I have enough money I will buy myself a hardware wallet. I don't know which is safer or better the Trazor or ledger wallet. I don't mind whether the amount of my money is big or small I only want to secure my money because I was once a victim of wallet hacking. I can't afford another lose because I worked hard for it and it is not easy to earn from bitcoin. If buying a hardware wallet can assure me of safe storage of my earnings then it is worth the price. 
Clara.Wilfred

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:08:57 AM

Ledger nanos and trezors are great and yes they are needed. I did hear a 15 year old from Birmingham managed to hack some levels of ledgers system but this is a good thing because he wasn't a hacker out to steal.
jimbo77

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:11:50 AM

In case you really want a hard wallet you may buy it, yet do not think of it as the ultimate protection. You can always keep your cash fairly safe without this, particularly if you're planning in to hold for a lengthy time. Hardware wallets are usually for people who are always moving money about. In case you are holding for six months or even more you may either make a key offline and store it on a thumb drive or make a paper wallet without having to spend money on a device that you won't have to use for months.
vanedwap

Activity: 560
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 04:18:16 AM

Im looking to hold crypto for the long term... I don't want to touch or spend it.

Should I get a hardware wallet ?

Im looking at the Ledger Nano S, Is it SAFE ? What hardware wallets to you use ? Is it possible Ledger has access to our private keys ?

yes you should get one if you have big amount of bitcoin and you want to hold it for the long term, hardware wallet will keep your bitcoin safe for long term Smiley

hot_ads

Activity: 299
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:37:19 AM

The hardware wallet is the safest. If your encryption is worth a lot of money, then the hardware wallet is a good choice.

dangwapo311

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:45:42 AM

It depends on how much bitcoin you are holding. There are difference between online wallet to a hardware wallet. Hardware wallet are more safe than online wallets. Although no matter how safe it is in the end it all depends on the user wether they take extra care with there wallets. I have been using online wallets and I have not yet experience any hacking or scam at all.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 05:56:33 AM

Im looking to hold crypto for the long term... I don't want to touch or spend it.

Im looking at the Ledger Nano S, Is it SAFE ? What hardware wallets to you use ? Is it possible Ledger has access to our private keys ?

You should specially if you are planning to hold a considerable amount of bitcoins and even tokens for a long period of time. Though it is expensive it will still depend on your how much you can risks with your investments whether you buy one or not. But it is would really increase your security and it doesn't have any access to your private keys.

kalstarzz

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:24:50 AM

I think it's not necessary, it's just that you have to ensure the security of your device. because the virus in our device can cause our bitcoin to disappear. but if you use a hardware wallet it is more secure on the security of your assets.
kloinko1n

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:51:39 AM

These are useless acquisitions. It's easier to use cold storage then. I remember there was a special box that printed 2 keys on paper
cezariusss

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 07:01:19 AM

I agree that hardware wallet is just an option and of course not 100% secure) If you want to store bitcoins for several years you can follow the example of Winklevoss twins: print the secret key and lock it in bank
Salesman4coinZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:15:14 AM

If you are unrelenting with your data, a hardware wallet will not safe your cryptocurrencies from getting stolen. So h hardware wallet does not give you real safety if you dont live secure with your personal data. I just have paperwalets since years, and i had never problems. You just need to be safe. Dont go to p0rn sites or warez sites with the pc you doing crypto stuff. Invest some money in a good anti virus. Stay anonymous and dont spread everywhere in the internet how much money you got.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:47:35 AM

I guess when you want to invest you have to have basic knowledge. and when you need a wallet, there are many recommendations that friends have discussed here. hardware can be the best choice for you to use.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: