Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:28:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum transaction pending for an hour  (Read 358 times)
JJ17 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:40:41 PM

Hey guys,
I sent some of my Ethereum from Kraken to Cex because Kranken is becoming very unconcenient to use.

My Ethereum transaction is now pending since an hour on https://etherscan.io/ . - I've never had anything like this, usually I can see the first blocks after a few minutes. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you a lot in advance!

(I'm new here so I hope I'm in the right place now)
memequiserle

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:57:19 PM

if you want fast transaction
you must incraese GAS and gwei, minimum over 100k is gas, and gwei minimum 20

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
ruskytailz02

Activity: 289
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:23:28 AM

I exchange mine in ether delta. I trade multiple of times with the gas of 4 and a lot of my transaction is just seconds to send and receive .. same as mine I dont know why but it is pending.. maybe the man dont have enough balance to cover the payment for my token haha or the balance left was not enough to pay the fee..
I think that is the main thing why it is pending. Now I am waiting for the confirmation because I cant create a new transaction with that pending transaction
Rowland Okoli

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:39:15 AM

Thanks for the insight, did actually know it could speed up the transaction.

leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:50:41 AM

Seems like there is a game called Cryptokitties that is making the Ethereum network congested. Can you imagine that? A game makes everything slow down. It used to be ICOs,,, so this shows that Eth network also has a lot of scaling problems when it comes to volume of transaction.

Anyway, I always use recommended fee/gas on MyEtherWallet and it never fails to confirm in minutes. Just be patient I guess. Until people stop playing that evil game.

By the way, I did not know you could replace gas fee? Is there a way once you make the transaction?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
habibruis

Activity: 328
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:00:08 AM

I think it was technical or server problem. sometimes it may take time. Don't worry, I hope it will be solved soon.
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:42:18 AM

This is what I consider normal and my experience when the beginner is a fee or gas that is smaller than the gas transaction so that the transaction is delayed but do not worry your coins stay safe only the price can change.

AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:47:13 AM

for transaction from exchanger to exchanger does take a long time. if one day has not increased in ccex account, you can send a complaint to kraken support.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:10:00 PM

What's the current update of your transaction? Has it transferred already? Sometimes if you want a much faster transactions some would choose the largest amount of fees to receive the coin right away.
LaLegiste

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:01:13 AM

ethereum network is so congested. i'm sure the problem is cryptokitties in your case too. it's becoming ridiculous, safe low gas price according to https://ethgasstation.info/ is 30 gwei already.

divide

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:55:03 PM

ethereum network is so congested. i'm sure the problem is cryptokitties in your case too. it's becoming ridiculous, safe low gas price according to https://ethgasstation.info/ is 30 gwei already.

I've also sent a ETH transaction from blochain.info hours ago, it does not show up anywhere, nor does blochain.info tell my what gas price did it use for when making the transaction. And the transaction fee it calculates it in ETH, right now being 0.000441 ETH if want to send. How much is that in gwei ?
Shafay

Activity: 147

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:55:57 PM

send MANA from Hitbtc to binance , can't even see Tx ID, I am rekted.

Head to # for the latest updates on Tech, Motherboards, and PC Gaming.
LaLegiste

Activity: 434

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:56:34 PM

I've also sent a ETH transaction from blochain.info hours ago, it does not show up anywhere, nor does blochain.info tell my what gas price did it use for when making the transaction. And the transaction fee it calculates it in ETH, right now being 0.000441 ETH if want to send. How much is that in gwei ?

as soon as
transaction fee = gas limit*gas price
and default gas limit for ETH transaction is 21000 we can count gas price in this case as
0.000441/21000=0.000000021 ETH which is 21 gwei.
by the way here is ETH<>wei convertor https://www.myetherwallet.com/helpers.html

divide

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:22:38 PM

as soon as
transaction fee = gas limit*gas price
and default gas limit for ETH transaction is 21000 we can count gas price in this case as
0.000441/21000=0.000000021 ETH which is 21 gwei.
by the way here is ETH<>wei convertor https://www.myetherwallet.com/helpers.html

Thanks Man!
dadandandadan

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:51:06 PM

yes i do experience it to and also the only way to make such transaction is to raise your gas fee by this way your transaction will be more prioritize than anyone. There is a overloading of transaction at MEW and because of it lots of lots transaction are been stopped and are currently pending. So i may say when these happens avoid making any transaction till it returns to its normal and fast state to avoid additional charges.

jaeden1024

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:21:39 PM

This problem happens again this day,  if this continue and ethereum dont have any solution for this it might be the end of it.
Im still waiting  for my ethereum coins which i send more than 8 hours from now ,and its still in pending.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:51:17 PM

Hey guys,
I sent some of my Ethereum from Kraken to Cex because Kranken is becoming very unconcenient to use.

My Ethereum transaction is now pending since an hour on https://etherscan.io/ . - I've never had anything like this, usually I can see the first blocks after a few minutes. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you a lot in advance!

(I'm new here so I hope I'm in the right place now)

Just increase the gas and your good to go, eth transactions today are congested if you want to be prioritize just increase the gas . I always hate this increasing the fee.
Nazarov

Activity: 362
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:20:37 PM

I have the same problem now, no movement is already more than 2 hours, by this time the coin fell in 2 times. The ether's time to retire...

eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:03:05 PM

I have the same problem now, no movement is already more than 2 hours, by this time the coin fell in 2 times. The ether's time to retire...
You are not the only who is dealing with this problem but almost all of us here who are craving to send our ETH's to exchanges. No, no, no, ether's no need to retire this is just the start of the problem but it will be solved soon.

This problem happens again this day,  if this continue and ethereum dont have any solution for this it might be the end of it.
Everyone's thinking about the end of ethereum because of it, we just have to wait and be patient on these times.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: