Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:36:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Question for all  (Read 1021 times)
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:56:31 AM

We have all read stories of coins being sent to wrong addresses (typos or badly copy and pastes)

What would you do if 100 Btc landed into your account? (unfortunately this has not happened to me yet)

I will be surprise at first but I cannot spend money that wasn't really mine. I will return it to the owner less the transaction fees. If the owner will reward me some BTC because I returned his', I will gladly accept it. I will look for a way to communicate to him and will tell him to be more careful next time.
Nunoluck

Activity: 452
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:58:11 AM

We have all read stories of coins being sent to wrong addresses (typos or badly copy and pastes)

What would you do if 100 Btc landed into your account? (unfortunately this has not happened to me yet)
May be I will send it back but I will reconsider about this thing one more time, may be bitcoin billionaire only want to donate it to me. The first step is try to find the person who send the bitcoin. May it will little bit hard but I have to do all my best.

Roberttran

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:00:04 AM

Its impossible. That will never happen
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:00:04 AM

I wont sent it back to the sender address immediately. I will do verification process. First, I will send a message to the sender to meet me somewhere or do video chat. Then, I will ask about the BTC that was sent to me and to whom it should be given.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:04:11 AM

If someone was that careless, I would search for them on this forum because they would make a thread about it. I would then began making fun of their incompetence as I eat pizza I bought with their money.

jops

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:00:25 AM

If that well happen to me someone well gave or sent a 100btc on my address. I will never sent it back to the address immediatly. I will keep it, and wait until someone look for it. Finding the owner of 100btc is not us easy to do so. Ownly the sender know my address and that sender make the first step to find me. If he or she post my address her or any social media. I will never gave it to him. Posting a address is not a good idea. It can cause alarming. Because if he or she do that, not only him/her my be claiming and said i am the owner of a 100btc. Make a nice way proccess and i will gave your money.😆😆😆
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:59:04 AM

100 BTC? Very big value. I do not know if this can happen or not, but if that happens to me, I will return it to the owner, and hope I get some of the BTC. I do not want to make people sad because of losing 100 BTC due to mis-delivery. Wink Smiley
fritzwalter195

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:05:58 AM

I would the owner and send money back because no fair may happen to everyone also too bad
nikjain422

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:12:34 AM

I have been the culprit this situation and in recent times only.One of my bounty coins have been transferred to some other addresses and i was helpless.See person who gets it surprisingly or has nothing to with it can't be blame.But if somebody tries to steal coins from some other addresses is not right at all.The most responsible person here could be the manager.If he gets this information that somebody has given faltered address and he wants to correct it,than it is manager's duty to update that but if he hasn't done that and due too this if somebody faces loss than what are the provisions for justice that's the most important issue.  
Amit nandal

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:01:28 PM

100 btc is not a small amount...
If this happens to me, I will repay
90 btc to him/her..
I don't want to break his/her heart..
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:22:52 PM

Yes,

We have all read such beautiful stories... But I guess that actually this never happens.

And in fact it is exactly the same thing if money arrives on your "normal" bank account by mistake. You can know who sent it, so you can always send it back. But would you?

I guess it depends on who you are, how you value honesty and also, the situation you're in. I mean, if you are struggling to pay the rent, it is harder to send back the money than if it is just an unexpected bonus...

Zebra.Guy

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:41:30 PM

It is impossible, when you try to send bitcoins to another address, and you suddenly have a typo mistake, the wallet provider is going to show you that address as a wrong one.

That is why it is almost impossible to have that kind of mistake, because the transactions that have been sent to wrong addreses are never sent.

Probably, there is one chance in one hundred to send bitcoins to another address that already exists.

maybe the addres is xxxxxxxxxxxx1, and you change that 1 to 2, and it can send it, but it is just that, one chance in a hundred.

Actually in Wallet Import Format (WIF) there are four bytes that serve as control bytes, so if you change one or more address letter by mistake you would need to correctly change the 4 control bytes too, and for it to happen by chance the probability is not 1 to 100, but 1 to 4,294,967,296 which is rather impossible.

But you may copy-and-paste a wrong address. That is definitely possible. I copy and paste wrong info all the time (thankfully it never happened with the bitcoin address and I hope it never will)
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:52:14 PM

I'd probably gave them back, I know is a lot of money but what would I do if I were the  guy sending the coins ?
I would really love to get them back, anyway 100 btc is 1M  at the current price.

What about if you found out the money is for the terrorist organization and it came from one of its financiers, you still return the money?

gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:52:32 PM

I think it is rare to wrongly send btc to a specific wallet address or number, a typo error cannot be succesfully done if you mistype a single character or two, maybe what is more acceptable is sending bitcoin to a different wallet address rather a single character. The exchange would advise you that you have send or typed a wrong address. If it happens to me, a bitcoin was wrongfully sent to me, i would immediately send it back if he contacted me and after verifying the transaction.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
welljo0108

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:01:20 PM

What should you do if your btc account is being hacked?
(  im gonna cry the whole night😂)
adekpulpen

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:07:30 PM

I do not know, that is a huge amount
Maybe I will return it to the sender's address, because maybe the sender is confused with it
if I take it, I'm afraid someday the same thing will happen to me too
Alamin2

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:08:14 PM

If anyone send me bitcoin it's his mistake but I am very loyal and honest . So I probably get back his bitcoin. Actually this money is earned by him.
yudhistira

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:13:17 PM

That sounds very unbelievable, but even if it does somehow, I do not think that such a mistake will happen with 100 BTC.
Still, I would have returned them to their owner.

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
codpku

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:24:10 PM

I think its naive if we sent back to the person who get wrong to send to us
But i think i will send back to person who do that mistake i know how it feel
So i dont want to other person feel what i feel

vionas

Activity: 261

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:28:49 PM

I guess that will not happen, 100 bitcoin is a lot of value, of course the sender will check the destination bitcoin address.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: