Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:06:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Question for all  (Read 1021 times)
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:30:38 PM

That sounds very unbelievable, but even if it does somehow, I do not think that such a mistake will happen with 100 BTC.
Still, I would have returned them to their owner.

From my knowledge,it's not at all possible to happen.As your words,if it's happened by a miracle means.I am the luckiest person in this world.Since the price of bitcoin is keeps  on increasing,who's know I will become a richest person in this world .But it was not possible to happen.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:35:14 PM

The possibility is very small to send bitcoins to the wrong address. This is because the person sending bitcoin would only do a copy paste on bitcoin address because it is very prone to error if we type the address bitcoin manually.

Even if it does happen, I think I'll put it on chipmixer to keep it unable to trace  Grin. Come on, which one wants to restore that much Bitcoin. If it is money and sent the wrong account, there is a rule that the bank cannot withdraw the money, and the wrongdoer cannot sue the recipient.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:41:51 PM

If it is money and sent the wrong account, there is a rule that the bank cannot withdraw the money, and the wrongdoer cannot sue the recipient.

Nope.

In almost all cases the person who receives the money mistakenly and spends it is prosecuted for knowingly spending money that isn't theirs.

Of course with crypto this may not apply but it certainly does with banks.
loragean03

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:42:47 PM

We have all read stories of coins being sent to wrong addresses (typos or badly copy and pastes)

What would you do if 100 Btc landed into your account? (unfortunately this has not happened to me yet)

honestly, this huge amount of bitcoin is a very serious decision you've ever made if you will get it back to the owner or not. for me if this 100btc landed in my address, we are all anonymous so how can I know if this bitcoin landed in my address are came from good or bad people, let it say it was an accident, honestly I will stored it to my address and never touch/spend/transfer any single of it into my another address. because theres a possibility for me to implicate on what just happened after this bitcoin landed in my address.
DunnDy

Activity: 132
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:04:44 PM

It is really difficult to send bitcoins to wrong wallet adress which exists because keys are extremely complicated so it's going to be a miracle. Nevertheless, it seems to me that using the money wrongly sent to us is unlawful and may threaten repercussions. By the way, Bitcoin is worth approximately 11 thousand dollars, so one hundred bitcoins is over one million dollars, it's unconscionable and I couldn't let anybody to lose such a huge sum of money. It would destroy his life.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
almtu

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:11:35 PM

Oh my gosh.! If that happens to me I can not sleep because I will think of that person who send this 100 btc. I will return in just incase he or She announced here. Providing some proofs that he was the owner. Maybe he will give me 1 or 2 btc. I will not keep it secret because that is not mine.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:22:52 PM

If it is money and sent the wrong account, there is a rule that the bank cannot withdraw the money, and the wrongdoer cannot sue the recipient.

Nope.

In almost all cases the person who receives the money mistakenly and spends it is prosecuted for knowingly spending money that isn't theirs.

Of course with crypto this may not apply but it certainly does with banks.

That’s right, banks come with fraud protection that returns your money to you and in the U.S. $250,000 of FDIC insurance should the bank fail. You can’t even lose money when the bank goes out of business. When you make an overseas wire transfer it’s fully insured.

Cryptocurrency has no protections. If an exchange closes in the middle of the night, you lose. If you send your coin into the either, you lose. If you get hacked, you lose. If you send coin to an online business for a purchase and they don’t send your product but still keep your btc, you lose.

With fiat banking the criminal/scammer/conman lives in fear and his victims are protected.
With btc the user lives in fear and the criminal/scammer/conman is fully protected.

Terry05

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:40:06 PM

I don't think it will happen with that huge amount of btc. commonly if we are sending a huge value of BTC, we making sure that the address is correct. we usually do double of triple checking before hitting the send button.
munify

Activity: 386
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:51:40 PM

We have all read stories of coins being sent to wrong addresses (typos or badly copy and pastes)

What would you do if 100 Btc landed into your account? (unfortunately this has not happened to me yet)

Sounds unreasonable, 100 btc very much, of course the sender will correct the certainty of the destination address before sending it.

GptVerse.art
A Metaverse App to Shop, Learn, Organize, and Play!
kdiag

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:57:34 PM

Of course this is not possible in practice, but if I get a theoretical 100 btc, I think their owner could die from the error (do not lead to this), i can return, if there is a feedback or have it in pleasure...
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:10:37 AM

I don't think it's kinda easy to have a similar address with the others,  even if we have typo when we write it. So it's sounds impossible,  but anyway if it happens to me, I'll keep it as long as I can. Because if I wanna give it back, to whose gonna be?
starmahafuza

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:32:13 AM

it never can be happened.if it really happen,you will be so lucky and just use the earn money to earn more money.
Hannah777

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:13:13 AM

If someone mistakenly send 100 btc to my wallet , hmmmmn guys I tell u I won't be able to sleep nor have peace so I will make every effort available  to locate the individual and send them back ASAP.
Chosenpai

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:17:49 AM

If someone mistakenly send 100 btc to my wallet , hmmmmn guys I tell u I won't be able to sleep nor have peace so I will make every effort available  to locate the individual and send them back ASAP.

Really? With the current market value of BTC right now I think you will not dare to return the BTC you have. Mistakenly sending BTC or any other Crypto's do happen, I have a few threads that claims they have send an amount to a wrong receiver.
Ephermo

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:35:56 AM

I would probably gave them back too. Because someone’s mistake can not make the other happy.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:48:36 AM

If 100 bitcoins will be credited to my account then i think i will be happy to accept it even though it was not for me in reality. I will just accept it because there is no chance for the sender to contact me because the address of bitcoin maybe public because of the blockchain but it will not give you any traces because of its features which means that it is impossible to recover it from me.
moneyangel

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:12:03 AM

If it happens to my address that I have 100BTC that I know it's not my coins. I will decide to return that coins to the owner. It's a lot of money for me and I know the owner will surely find ways to locate me. I don't want to use that or spend to feed to my family which I know it came from nowhere. I have conscience I feel what the owner feel of losing that amount even if it's his mistake.
Maybe he will give me 1BTC as reward. Who knows it's still a lot of money for me.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
maichimoto

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:15:20 AM

that's a good question that can get replied genuinely only when person faces that situation Smiley

otherwise everyone says he would return it, but when it happens, well i am sure it might not be the case with everyone
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:16:25 AM

If that will happen I think I will be surprised and so happy at first since that is the first time I've seen a huge amount of bitcoin in my bitcoin wallet, I'll never think that it is a wrong sent bitcoin since it is not possible to mess the address up with that number of bitcoins. If the owner contacted me, yeah, I will be taking it back, but if not, I guess it is mine now.
darrly

Activity: 165
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:27:57 AM
Merited by Jabiii (1)

For security purposes, i will not most likely to hold 100btc in one account. Ill spread it to different accounts in case of being hacked or something. Also not to lost it all when what you are saying happens. And to answer your question, ill probably return it to the address who mistakenly  sent it. I know how hard it is to earn that and i hope somebody will do the same for me. 😊

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: