Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:10:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TEMP: Investigation into scotaloo  (Read 13801 times)
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:37:01 AM

i'm not redblue, now you're just reachin.

Whatever bro if you say so.

The stylometry says there is a good chance you are, and it's not like people don't know you are a lying sack of shit.

Anyways bye bye peoples have a good one. We sold our forum accounts so were not around anymore.

if the people are smart enough to see right through me can it not be reasoned they see through your charades as well?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Apache

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:51:28 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2013, 05:23:24 AM by Apache

if the people are smart enough to see right through me can it not be reasoned they see through your charades as well?

The reason people can see right through you is because you suck at this and thats the understatement of the year.

See through my charades? It's hard to understand wtf your on about here. Humans are social beings and social status is very important to them. People lie, even the most looked up to and important people in the world lie just to uphold their social status. People lie to even their closest friends just to uphold their social status. This is why you shouldn't trust any people and especially their advice. This is why scotaloo cannot exist. This is why governments cannot exist. Trust No One.

The world is a strange place, people starve while others waste their money on expensive things they do not need. Your whole opinion of the world changes once you have more money than you know how to spend. I got rich, what do I do now? do I buy myself a big house and a porsche and take on the role of a rich asshole, the kind of person I hated the most when I had nothing at all.

I used to buy really cheap cars and just drive them until they died, I didn't have money to maintain a car or even money for insurance. When I got a new car I missed having to push my banger down the street to get it to start. I missed being able to just leave my car on the side of the road if I crashed it or it broke down because it was worthless. I missed fucking around with my car with tools trying to fix it myself when it broke. I hated all this extra shit I had to pay for and all the money grabbing people I had to deal with. I missed being poor, I was happier poor than I was rich.

Money is the biggest scam in the world and I'm not joking about that one bit, when you don't have it its all you want, when you have it you don't really need it, just enjoy your life, don't let anyone stop you from doing that, fuck money you don't need it.
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 05:31:03 PM

I'll just shake my head.

This dog should have been left to lay down. But no, that's not allowed, is it? Here we go again.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Redblue

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:33:58 PM

I'll just shake my head.

This dog should have been left to lay down. But no, that's not allowed, is it? Here we go again.
Well we had a talk.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 11:08:44 PM

Scotaloo hasn't been around since July, I even had to "borrow" this account because believe it or not I don't have access to any accounts here anymore lol. We refunded all the people that we scammed who we deemed to be "nice guys" a while back, just like we said we would.
Yo. I'm genuinely interested in some testimony from any of those "nice guys" you screwed for fun before refunding them.
You have anyone in your book that might speak up?

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Redblue

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 12:11:35 PM

He does not want to speak to me anymore.
Redblue

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:00:15 PM

BTCTalkaccounts/Scotaloo, SPEAK TO ME!
Redblue

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:44:08 AM

BTCtalkaccounts/Scotaloo, YOU MUST SPEAK TO ME!
Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:15:39 AM

What the fuck is going on here? 

Got dox, will travel?  Roll Eyes Huh
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:33:33 AM

What the fuck is going on here? 

Got dox, will travel?  Roll Eyes Huh

Seems like it.

Apache

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 06:06:46 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2013, 02:59:36 AM by Apache

Just tell me, wtf do you want - what do you expect from us?

I'm sorry for basically leaving you out to dry, but I don't have any forum accounts to give you and scotaloo is separated and defunct.

Most of the people who scotaloo scammed were refunded, Atruk who just posted on this thread can confirm that as he was one such person. Anyone is welcome to try and find someone we didn't refund who didn't deserve to be scammed.

It's over man, sorry you got fucked over and didn't hit the cash but it's your own fault for snitching and for being stupid. You caused a lot of problems just because you wanted to buy a fucking alienware laptop. If you had not snitched and waited you could've bought 10 of them. TradeFortress has your dox btw so there's that too, you really shouldn't be scamming especially when you're so obvious.

We've been 'data mined' as you call it by pretty much everyone and the results they have come up with are pretty hilarious. When it comes to computers and the internet, evidence is very easy to destroy, modify and create. I'm hoping one of them posts our 'dox' someday, thats a thread I will come back to read!    No wonder so many scammers run wild here - I suspect 80% of the dox posted on bitcointalk are not the actual scammers, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ross Ulbricht has been framed and he was just someone who had something to hide and had nothing to do with silk road at all - the kind of evidence the feds found is the exact kind of evidence I would've planted as a safe guard if I was DPR.

No point contacting me there ain't nothing I can do for you. We sold all the accounts that were not banned months ago. Now run along to your next username or fuck off please. I don't know what you expected us to do for you - but we're not doing shit.
Atruk

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:47:50 AM

Most of the people who scotaloo scammed were refunded, Atruk who just posted on this thread can confirm that as he was one such person.

I can confirm this much. I'm rather but not entirely resistant to the butthurt so I didn't do much more than post polite request for a refund whenever I saw a scotaloo post. Eventually I got the BTC0.04 back from a trade with a CoinChat account Scotaloo had phished. I didn't care to do much more, because getting butthurt over BTC0.04 wasn't worth it.

I never escalated because first, negotiating with terrorists makes poor policy, and second because I was honestly more pissed at the first dude for getting phished. Asshole presented himself as some sort of dev and months later he still struggles running some BTC faucet. At that time that screen name begging to trade $5 in paypal for BTC didn't seem too out of character and as time goes on it would seem even less out of character, but I'd make him GPG a contract really quick before entertaining the idea of a trade with him.

It's over man, sorry you got fucked over and didn't hit the cash but it's your own fault for snitching and for being stupid. You caused a lot of problems just because you wanted to buy a fucking alienware laptop. If you had not snitched and waited you could've bought 10 of them. TradeFortress has your dox btw so there's that too, you really shouldn't be scamming especially when you're so obvious.

We've been 'data mined' as you call it by pretty much everyone and the results they have come up with are pretty hilarious. When it comes to computers and the internet, evidence is very easy to destroy, modify and create. I'm hoping one of them posts our 'dox' someday, thats a thread I will come back to read!    No wonder so many scammers run wild here - I suspect 80% of the dox posted on bitcointalk are not the actual scammers, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ross Ulbricht has been framed and he was just someone who had something to hide and had nothing to do with silk road at all - the kind of evidence the feds found is the exact kind of evidence I would've planted as a safe guard if I was DPR.

No point contacting me there ain't nothing I can do for you. We sold all the accounts that were not banned months ago. Now run along to your next username or fuck off please. I don't know what you expected us to do for you - but we're not doing shit.

This isn't directed to you or team scotaloo, but more to people in general.

Honestly I have no idea if this is true or false. In the Bitcoin space a lot of people's dox are held by a lot of other people. Bringing yourself into the Bitcoin space means exposing yourself into a lot of counterparty risks of the sort you wouldn't have conceived of until it is too late.

Forums as a rule tend to fill themselves with lolcows. Generally it is boring business unless it does something like enrich the LabCoin scammers who were identified as a probable scam months before "momentum trades" and full frontal idiots latched onto them. As problematic as scotaloo was in particular and phishers, skiddies, and scammers are in general the larger problem isn't in bitcoin, but in idiots who think they can unprotected and without reading and understanding risk.

I don't want to sound too sympathetic to scotaloo or team scotaloo, but in most scams, especially the big ones like Pirateat40 and LabCoin, the scam happens less because there is a bad buy scammer than because people don't take the time to read how these scams have happened before. I'll probably have even less sympathy for the people who get burned when mcxnow goes bust than the people who fell for scotaloo or furrycoat.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303795.msg3256239#msg3256239 is the wrong attitude for bitcoin if you want to keep it. Scammers are like tornadoes, earthquakes, flood or fire. They exist, just like any natural thing. The wrong course of action is to assume nature will politely avoid you. The right course of action is to harden yourself for nature's indifference to your snowflakeness.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:35:02 PM

This person is ironcross360.

This doesn't surprise me. He's been a suspected scammer since day 1 and posts like a complete retard.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:29:18 PM

Honestly I have no idea if this is true or false. In the Bitcoin space a lot of people's dox are held by a lot of other people. Bringing yourself into the Bitcoin space means exposing yourself into a lot of counterparty risks of the sort you wouldn't have conceived of until it is too late.

Forums as a rule tend to fill themselves with lolcows. Generally it is boring business unless it does something like enrich the LabCoin scammers who were identified as a probable scam months before "momentum trades" and full frontal idiots latched onto them. As problematic as scotaloo was in particular and phishers, skiddies, and scammers are in general the larger problem isn't in bitcoin, but in idiots who think they can unprotected and without reading and understanding risk.

I don't want to sound too sympathetic to scotaloo or team scotaloo, but in most scams, especially the big ones like Pirateat40 and LabCoin, the scam happens less because there is a bad buy scammer than because people don't take the time to read how these scams have happened before. I'll probably have even less sympathy for the people who get burned when mcxnow goes bust than the people who fell for scotaloo or furrycoat.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303795.msg3256239#msg3256239 is the wrong attitude for bitcoin if you want to keep it. Scammers are like tornadoes, earthquakes, flood or fire. They exist, just like any natural thing. The wrong course of action is to assume nature will politely avoid you. The right course of action is to harden yourself for nature's indifference to your snowflakeness.

Many thanks for this testimony, Atruk. I'd still would like to hear more, but I'm starting to wonder about scotaloo team agenda, looks a bit more complex than just "gimme dat monies".

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Atruk

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:32:39 AM

Many thanks for this testimony, Atruk. I'd still would like to hear more, but I'm starting to wonder about scotaloo team agenda, looks a bit more complex than just "gimme dat monies".

They've always struck me as more troll than anything else. Maybe they just want to scam bigger money though. It is hard to say.

I mean Something Awful is full of idiots playing smarter than they are while 4chan is full of relatively smarter people playing dumber. That though is a generalization. The internet is only ever truly simple when simple people are looking at it.

Not knowing or caring enough about scotaloo to look deep their actions that I know of seem to follow patterns more endemic to some classical forms of trolling than scamming as such. Where before someone would normally be limited to harvesting tears and butthurt, bitcoin seems to have allowed them to harvest tears, butthurt, and money.

Still, you can't assume that these things won't happen. Generally social engineering is a much cheaper way to defeat cryptography than rubber hoses, five dollar wrenches and such things.

Apache

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:23:50 AM

I've been dying to answer this for the past 24 hours, but I shouldn't. Yes there is another agenda other than just the btc. A number of 'end goals' - all of which were achieved Wink

A certain someone has been very quiet recently on this thread...probably for good reason

Anyways it's about time I dump this account, this being my only account means that I'm leaving forever...again

bye bye

Here is my pm inbox - to save you guys the hassle of attempting to access the pm's on this account Wink

Hey, you know who it is, its me from bitmessage, I knew I would get back in contact with you Tongue give me your email or safemail address

hello?

ok emailing you now

sent you will know who it is after you read it

you there?

Why wont you talk to me now?

can you delete that post? And Tradefortress has my dox!?
nocompare

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:43:41 AM

Hey BTCTalkAccounts, remember our convo early on? I bm'd you about the hacked accounts.

We never followed up, we could've caused so much damage together. Here's a hint on how the forum was really hacked:

moon@justmoon.de

Password reuse is bad, okay?
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 04:23:32 PM

A number of 'end goals' - all of which were achieved Wink

Pfff, like your cryptic minecraft.exe shit? I still remember when old scotty was all like "lol here's your dox dc" and it was entirely fake.

I don't get it. Nothing adds up with "// team scotaloo". >_<

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:30:19 PM

Hey BTCTalkAccounts, remember our convo early on? I bm'd you about the hacked accounts.

We never followed up, we could've caused so much damage together. Here's a hint on how the forum was really hacked:

moon@justmoon.de

Wait.. Moon as in the guy who ran that SolidCoin exchange a couple years ago and ended up bailing with everybody's money?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 04:52:08 PM

moon@justmoon.de

Wait.. Moon as in the guy who ran that SolidCoin exchange a couple years ago and ended up bailing with everybody's money?

This actually makes no sense. I've lost track of what's been happening.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: