Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:57:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how safe is bitcoin to use with phone  (Read 600 times)
Yahanat

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:36:16 PM

So eventually bitcoin is gonna have to compete with credit cards and mobile payments. To do this people will need to have a bitcoin mobile app.

I know there are the lightweight wallet mobile apps. Are those any safe? Will those be the future. Or will the future be having a hosted service where the company has control over your bitcoin and you can just send them to pay with stuff with the mobile app? Like Square recent integration of Bitcoin.

I don't know what options are out there now. But it would seem to me that having a secure offline savings account coupled with a hosted mobile bitcoin service (checking account) for payments would make sense. I mean I guess obviously if you're making payments you can't have everything in cold storage so some compromises on security must be made.

Mycelium started out as a great wallet on Android and the dev team has been working hard at integrating with other partners. They make it very easy to watch your balances and make deposits while requiring you to insert a physical device in order to spend. Plus, if you have Galaxy S6 or Note 5 or higher, you can download an app that will turn a hardened section of your phone into one of those hardware wallets that are compatible with Mycelium.

I'm using Mycelium and haven't got a hardware Wallet. Are you saying I will need one in the future to use Mycelium? If so, I will be moving away from it ASAP.
jakaria005

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:36:42 PM

i am using with phone so i would say it's safe. above all, all of us should be more secure.
Kesecer

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:37:54 PM

So eventually bitcoin is gonna have to compete with credit cards and mobile payments. To do this people will need to have a bitcoin mobile app.

I know there are the lightweight wallet mobile apps. Are those any safe? Will those be the future. Or will the future be having a hosted service where the company has control over your bitcoin and you can just send them to pay with stuff with the mobile app? Like Square recent integration of Bitcoin.

I don't know what options are out there now. But it would seem to me that having a secure offline savings account coupled with a hosted mobile bitcoin service (checking account) for payments would make sense. I mean I guess obviously if you're making payments you can't have everything in cold storage so some compromises on security must be made.

Yep, there have been some scam wallets slipped into the app stores lately. Use a real link from the developers website or Bitcoin.org.
I like Breadwallet.
Usine

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:38:23 PM

my choices is Greenadress and Copay
Renr

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:38:57 PM

I would say Copay, but since iOS 10 I'm having lots of errors.
Rludd

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:40:04 PM

These wallets are all solid choices that offer both security and usability:
Airbitz (iphone or Android)
Breadwallet (iPhone)
Mycelium (Android)
Copay (all devices)
Just make sure you follow the appropriate backup procedures for whatever wallet you choose.
Bamel

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:40:34 PM

Breadwallet (iPhone)
Mycelium (Android)
Copay (all devices)
Just make sure you follow the appropriate backup procedures for whatever wallet you choose.
And the backup process for Airbitz is simply knowing your username and password. For extra security, enable One-Touch 2 Factor and password recovery.
Amial

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:40:52 PM

i am using with phone so i would say it's safe. above all, all of us should be more secure.

No, not at all. Moving to a hardware wallet is the ultimate in security, though, and Mycelium has consistently been at the forefront in terms of cooperating with HW wallet makers. As you learn about hardware wallets, rest easy knowing that if/when you get to the point of feeling like you need one, Mycelium is already ready for it.
Kesecer

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:43:12 PM

Mycelium started out as a great wallet on Android and the dev team has been working hard at integrating with other partners. They make it very easy to watch your balances and make deposits while requiring you to insert a physical device in order to spend. Plus, if you have Galaxy S6 or Note 5 or higher, you can download an app that will turn a hardened section of your phone into one of those hardware wallets that are compatible with Mycelium.

I'm using Mycelium and haven't got a hardware Wallet. Are you saying I will need one in the future to use Mycelium? If so, I will be moving away from it ASAP.

Copay works great
Usine

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:44:00 PM

Bitcoin Wallet (Android, BlackBerry OS) is exactly designed for this usecase. It's safe, very user friendly and perfect for daily transactions.
Renr

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:44:10 PM

The easiest and most secure wallet that's still friendly to use that I'd recommend is Airbitz. Your keys are fully under your control and they are always encrypted and auto backed up in case you lose your phone.
Rludd

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:47:22 PM

Airbitz app is legit
Bamel

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:47:30 PM

Breadwallet (iPhone)
Mycelium (Android)
Copay (all devices)
And the backup process for Airbitz is simply knowing your username and password. For extra security, enable One-Touch 2 Factor and password recovery.

Jaxx is great Smiley
Amial

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:47:42 PM

Breadwallet (iPhone)
Mycelium (Android)
Copay (all devices)

breadwallet
twinkledthomas

Activity: 143
Merit: 11

I will win, not immediately but definitely

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:51:10 PM

i am using mobile wallet. till now i am not experiencing any problem. now almost all mobiles are coming with fingerprint scanner. so ithink its safe. we can enable fingerprint also for security.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yahanat

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:54:37 PM

Breadwallet (iPhone)
Mycelium (Android)
Copay (all devices)

Coinomi if you want to hold multiple currencies.
wall101

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:55:27 PM

it depends on your secured account because there are also scams of bitcoin wallet sites but they make money for you but in popular and legitimate sites you are not robbers and I have your wallet secured that they are not robbers, and should you have 2authorization code to add to your wallet secured and your phone number should also save you to forget your password on your account.
Sale_man

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:57:29 PM

Nobody is in total safety otherwise there would be no hackers in the world. Even tho the wallet app is installed on your phone, it still in danger. You must be careful from logging into suspicious sites that can steal your informations.
Using bitcoin or making any other payment via internet is risky, but, don't let that fear hold you from working hard to earn bitcoin.

Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:01:15 PM

It is safe just learn how to use 2fa codes in order for you to make sure that hackers cant access your data. Bitcoin is safe it just depends on your wallet.

cue

Activity: 65

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:02:55 PM

I think there's nothing really is safe for any investment.  You just be cautious in everything you do in the internet.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: