Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:38:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What the hell are Crypto kitties?  (Read 29789 times)
coastbank

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:15:28 PM

If posts on this thread are true its just another digital obsession but on blockchain.
I really don't understand this kind of digitalized obsessions. I hope it won't damage ether chain much.

Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 01:15:59 PM

It's like a Farmville or Clash of Titans, buy kitties and take care of them, when they becomes a Fat Cat then you can sell them.
I think it's one another level of Cryptocurrency game that transformed gems as reward into cryptocurrency tokens.

Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 01:17:33 PM

This is the game ethereum released earlier,it requires you to buy some kitties to get it breed and you can earn ethereum i guess?

Yes, that's right but I wonder why people are buying virtual kitties and cats today. What are those for? I'm confused or maybe someone in this thread knows how exactly the game was all about.

dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:20:51 PM

I read some topics on reddit about crypto kitties and some people that they sold their kitties for 250ETH? WTF?
What is this ?

CryptoKitties is a game developed from blockchain and the first of its kind. Its similar from Tamagochi where you will purchase digital kitties to breed and collect. Whats make it different compared to a traditional pet game is that you can breed two CryptoKitties to create a unique kitty which cannot be replicate, stolen nor destroyed. Since these Kitties are tradeable that you can buy or sell, the main goal here is creating a rare type of kitty that will be valuable and in demand which you can sell at a higher price. It created a hype to a lot of people because of its effective marketing campaign, since its the first ever game created from crypto technology, many people supported it.
Vodzy

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 02:27:07 PM

I myself have looked into Crypto Kitties and still don't entirely understand the concept. how do you breed or establish between male/female kitties? and how do you make money from it?

There is no male or female kitties) It's not hard to explain, but you can check official FAQ on their website.
rizkyfebrian213xx

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:43:34 PM

its game.. virtual cat
you can give food and sell them again if they have children..
sucks people who joining that, it makes 25k tx id pending in blockchain ethereum
i think thats a PONZI game.. sometimes can "scam & run" bring your money
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 02:47:23 PM

A game of time investments, The early buyers makes most money since they can sell the most cutie breed of kitties that fetch for a good price than the later breed of kitties.

But honestly, I will not buy into this game Cheesy Not Paying even .01 ETH for some fancy digital images of colored cats

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
dale1075

Activity: 252
Merit: 37

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:56:18 PM

Think of these rather unpalatable cartoon kittens as unique digital Pokemon cards. The game's developers describe them as "breedable Beanie Babies", each with its own unique 256-bit genome.
The CryptoKitties game accounts for over 10% of network traffic on Ethereum. As traffic increases, transactions become more expensive to execute quickly.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    ⚡ Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments ⚡
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
Low Fees ✲ ✲ Truly Anonymous TransactionsJoin the discussion thread
LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:00:09 PM

So it is a new game whre you can buy cats for ethereum and breed him. Looks easy, we will see how it will be soon, i believe it do not change ethereum market
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:03:17 PM

Guys dont you think that this kind of stuff was made to show off the weaknesses of the current ethereum eco system? Im tempted to think it was, it clearly shows us that Ethereum blockchain is not ready to scale for mass adoption.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 03:52:01 PM

Cryptokities is the new ETH Dapp which has broken the records of all previous ETH Daps or maybe all crypto based daps too! It's basically a blockchain version of Neopets; where you buy, breed and sell virtual pets. Some kitties are indeed selling for 250+ ETH. Even the starting price is currently around 0.03 ETH. I have been in this game from the starting (launched on 28th November) and I must say the experience is just awesome. The game is highly addictive. You will need a metamask addon, some ETH (around 0.1 ETH for an average start). Also this game is currently available on computer only and not other devices like smartphone, tab etc. But before you enter, do know that every major action like breed, buy, sell, gift etc. costs ETH fees. And since the ETH fees is currently going around 30 GWEI, you might easily lose all your funds in transactions if you are not calculating.

And fun fact, Cryptokitties is currently responsible for more than 25% of ETH transactions and almost solely responsible for the congestion you are experiencing on ETH network.

Some people are saying Cryptokitties should be banned, but they are so naive. Just think about it, if 1 viral Dapp can cause so much issues, how do you expect to handle the traffic if you want everyone to be a part of the crypto world. At least this Dapp opened the eyes of ETH devs that they need to implement upgrades and that too soon!!

beetlejam

Activity: 226

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:53:54 PM

This thing is crazy! Just heard about this. Thanks for clearing it up!
Inc_BitSquirrel

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:02:21 PM

Don't think CryptoKittens were made with purpose of showing Ethereum scaling problems. It sounds too much like some crazy conspiracy theory to me. Nevertheless, I was totally taken aback. I was of course totally aware (like everybody else I suppose) that Ethereum has its limits, and those has to be addressed in the future if it wants to take its position as new fintech IT infrastructure. Yet, I thought we still have a year at least before we hit a wall.

Now it is a little bit scary, as congestion is again rising. It really screws over some good ICO's right now, and the worst is the fact that there is really no other solution to the problem except to wait till the CryptoKittens hype (and traffic) will go down. Just sit and wait... annoying... I am also suprised that market didn't react and ETH price didn't went down.
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:11:11 PM

initially I'm also very confused what it is cryptokitties, but after asking with my friend, I finally understand, cryptokitties is a game website where we can keep the cat and breed, the more unique motifs of our kittens, the more expensive also, the purchase through eth this also causes eth down because of the many pending transactions.

cobak pole

Activity: 136

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:18:03 PM

if there is a desire to hold etherium I strongly agree on your thoughts.
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:18:14 PM

Now i hate cats because of this annoying project. This meas a lot of devs will follow and we will be able to collect all kinds of stuff on blockchain.

Gorgeous011235

Activity: 153

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:26:15 PM

I don't know what Crypto Kitties are..but i think it's ridiculous that Ethereum has been almost freezed for two days because of this stupid kitties..
I am actually getting very frustrated because i can't move any of my tokens that i would like to trade.
Vitalik has got lots to do...if he really wants Ethereum to compete with other platforms like EOS that seems to be way better already.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:02:59 PM

All my transactions are stuck pending
chadtn

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:03:27 PM

Crypto kitties show us that Ethereum needs more imrovements with their speed of transactions. Hope they make it better.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Harley0501

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:06:34 PM

Yeah, that's true. I dont know, how it work. Movement price of etherum is very slow, at the moment. So many cryptokitties transaction in blockchain. Etherdelta's network so slowly, at the moment. You need to pay more gas, if you want to get normal speed transaction.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: