Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:32:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What the hell are Crypto kitties?  (Read 29791 times)
turmalin

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:47:52 PM

Please, anyone. Shoot down these cats. Because of this game, there are big problems with ethereum transactions that prevent me from working
You're a buckler. How can you treat the poor animals like that?  Grin
These are virtual cats. If you are such an animal protector, buy yourself a live cat and live with it
laxinternational

Activity: 124

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:03:22 PM

This is even worse than tamagochi (or when in childhood he collected behemoths from the kinder - for these, you also have to pay money ...

Not only can you do less with them , then with tamagotchi but they are also 1000 times more expensive.

This is very horrible with kitty things. They blocked the network of blockchain. They cause thousands of transactions on ethereum blockchain and this is very bad for ethereum. We can't perform transactions as you see now.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:05:39 PM

I read some topics on reddit about crypto kitties and some people that they sold their kitties for 250ETH? WTF?
What is this ?
I have no clue what it is, but I am 100% sure it is the reason why the Ethereum network is bery slow at the moment. I need to pay 50 Gwei in order to have a normal speed transaction. Even with that Etherdelta is giving errors.

Paid 60 and I am still failing my transactions.
Damn kitties.
This needs resolving and they have to do it fast or they will be losing most of their investors.
They are just on hold right now because of the large amount needed with the fees but after that what could be the ending of this.
They will need to answer questions why and what happened. Is it really the damn kitties?
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:10:08 PM

Some devil or satan has invented the Crypto kittes and don't know why people are so stupid to buy some images with real money it is just ridiculous. They destroyed the eth...

johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:11:12 PM

I learned about these crypto kittens at work. Ordinary employees who do not have bitcoins at all and are not interested in what is happening there on the market, discussed these cats and raised the amount of gas to 140 per 1 small transaction. What happens at all? I wanted to say to them: what are you doing? But they also increased the amount of gas so as not to wait for a long time to mate the cats. I have no words, only a shock.

cryptokitty

Activity: 420

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:15:27 PM

I read some topics on reddit about crypto kitties and some people that they sold their kitties for 250ETH? WTF?
What is this ?

I am not too familiar with this crypto kitties. I am also in need of some information snd understanding regarding this matter. Need also to discover whre cryto kitties are.
ronatrip

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:27:10 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 12:13:10 AM by ronatrip

I learned about these crypto kittens at work. Ordinary employees who do not have bitcoins at all and are not interested in what is happening there on the market, discussed these cats and raised the amount of gas to 140 per 1 small transaction. What happens at all? I wanted to say to them: what are you doing? But they also increased the amount of gas so as not to wait for a long time to mate the cats. I have no words, only a shock.
I.e. we have to pay more for transactions because of sex of the crypto cats!!! I can't believe
iram701

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:34:32 PM

So this is the caused ETH transaction keep pending over time,, i really wonder about this, so the name is cryptokitties, well it good enough idea to sold the kitties with 250 ETH, but it affected to whole world ETH transaction. this problem need to be look forward.

dragoz11

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:40:31 PM

It s a game where you buy kitties, breed them and than sell if you wish. But its strange that you don`t have male or female kitties they can turn to what sex you choose and breed a new kitty.
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:43:11 PM

It s a game where you buy kitties, breed them and than sell if you wish. But its strange that you don`t have male or female kitties they can turn to what sex you choose and breed a new kitty.

Is that true? Thanks for the information. I guess i am not that updated with the daily news. I need to learn about this and how does it affect our transaction.

Airelves09

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 11:46:39 PM

I think crypto kitties is a bidding system and a bifurcate system based on Ethernet. Then it gives people playability in the form of games. I think this is a good form of Ethernet application. But at the moment because of this game, the Ethernet trade is very congested. So it's time to improve the speed of Ethernet trading. Otherwise, if there are more applications like this. The Ethernet network is expected to collapse. At present, the crypto kitties bubble is very much not recommended to buy.

woas4

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:51:13 PM

Cryptokitties price seems to be falling quite quickly right now, and the fees to breed/sell/sire are very high... But i think the game achieved something that will bring a lot of positives for the ethereum  network in the future. It has shown us the potential that blockchain has, even for collectible games like this one.

Semaj123

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:56:07 PM

What is this ?
I have no clue what it is, but I am 100% sure it is the reason why the Ethereum network is bery slow at the moment. I need to pay 50 Gwei in order to have a normal speed transaction. Even with that Etherdelta is giving errors.

Damn kitties.
This needs resolving and they have to do it fast or they will be losing most of their investors.
They are just on hold right now because of the large amount needed with the fees but after that what could be the ending of this.
They will need to answer questions why and what happened. Is it really the damn kitties?
For my own understanding, Cryptokittys has been created to adjust the price of gas limit. Due to this it happens that eth transaction facing problems were transaction is getting slow and to make that transaction to be success you need to increase your gas limit. This issue is really frustrating because many are affected including me. Hope the Dev will adjust this fee.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:22:40 AM

What is this ?

Damn kitties.

So much kitties clogging the EThereum system. I cant trade in etherdelta for several now, also on some major exchanges. I made  an investment in one ICO but fees are too high. This must be addressed by the Ethereum Development team, they are losing support and many are already complaining with the system. Millions are lost in trading.
batier84

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:27:03 AM

If only one game based on a block chain can deal a big blow to the network, what happens when there are several such games.
Redg85

Activity: 258
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 01:41:47 AM

i have no idea what cryptokitties, but whatever the cryptokitties are, if they are the reason why the blockchain is very slow at the moment. they must get out of the blockchain, as in today. but that only me., this is only my opinion.

DABANKING  - The Decentralized Gaming Platform
▸ Minning DAA Token NOW, Earn ETH Lifetime!◂
YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:46:57 AM

It's a cat game like the Tamagotchi but it based on blockchain games.

Thanks to cryptokitties i missed my investment and pay the fee for nothing because they kept spamming and made my transaction failed over and over again.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:50:53 AM

Cryptokitties was another eye opener on how the Ethereum blockchain can't handle massive transaction that decongested and slowed down the blockchain where many transaction was bogged down with this non-sense stupid virtual cats. Now we know this is how ethereum was weak.
speaktome

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:58:51 AM

If only one game based on a block chain can deal a big blow to the network, what happens when there are several such games.
I was wondering about that myself,is assumed that these types of developments should have foreseen that kind of details,although these limitations mean that developers quickly will find a solution to that to enable more capabilities in such developments or applications.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
Palmholder

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:52:36 AM

I am also not sure what they are, except they are collectibles which you can breed to get more beautiful or more expencive. But what I want to say I strongly beleive that not strangers really bought kitties for 250 eth or so, owners did it to attract more people and big ethereum ammounts

I really doubt that is the case, maybe in some cases cause every transaction needs to be payed so in that way they lose money
  Why so? they just have two wallets and sent eth from one wallet to another

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: