Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:42:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Huge Television Ad for Bitcoin on All the Major Networks  (Read 13310 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:34:47 AM

I hope your ad production skills are greater than your web video skills.

Come on now the last few shows, the sound was great.  Before that it was pretty horrible but what do you expect.  My local tv public tv station stil cant get it right after like 20 years. lol

Was he talking about the sound quality or about the fact that Bruce spends the majority of the show looking to his laptop and not to the camera?  Roll Eyes

About the ad: It's a great idea. Good Luck Bruce!
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:36:39 AM

The POINT here is:   Millions of Viewers will Be Exposed to the word Bitcoin

Think about that.

Yes.

Let's not introduce the world to Bitcoin: The Infomercial Scam.

Hulu + Daily Show
killer2021

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:39:25 AM

I think we should use the money to do some sort of promotion on facebook since we all know that people on facebook are somewhat savvy and have a computer. That isn't always the case for tv viewers.

A good idea would be to pay people to, "like" bitcoin on facebook. Kind of like the bitcoin faucet. That way people can get some few bitcents to play with and in the mean time help promote the idea of bitcoin to their friends.

Remember people, facebook now has 750 MILLION users and is used MORE than google. Also your friends, "liking" stuff will get more attention and action from them instead of just using an ad, which most people have learned to ignore.

We have to promote on facebook.

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
1H6mqgB6UcqKt2SrCmhjxUp9np1Xrbkdj7
lemonginger

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:40:21 AM

I'm sure you're still going to go for it anyway, so please, please make this look professional.  No promises of big returns.  No "you can be an early investor" stuff.  Advertise the fundamentals; the real lasting benefits of this sort of monetary system.

Have you heard the show before? Have you seen late night infomercials? Of course it is going to sound like a house flipping ebook. Dont think it will help or hurt things much long term though. But a shame to see such a powerful idea becoming turned into the latest WarriorForum post.
dinzy

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:41:18 AM

I think that without a serious improvement to the client and usability, attracting "normals" to Bitcoin in droves is a recipe for a flop.

Yeah it's really hard to explain this and to get people to know how to get coins.  Basically the thing will end up being an ad for Mt.Gox.  Get then to donate.  
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:43:34 AM

I think that without a serious improvement to the client and usability, attracting "normals" to Bitcoin in droves is a recipe for a flop.

Yeah it's really hard to explain this and to get people to know how to get coins.  Basically the thing will end up being an ad for Mt.Gox.  Get then to donate.  

Advertising isn't what bitcoin needs. Core development on alternate clients, usability, etc are needed first.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:45:37 AM

I think we should use the money to do some sort of promotion on facebook since we all know that people on facebook are somewhat savvy and have a computer.

LOL!  The majority of people on facebook have a computer, but the average facebook user knows next to nothing about security, money or the reasons for Bitcoin to exist.  Posting on facebook, twitter or youtube is not a skill; it's simply a process.  Most users have no better understanding about how it all works than the average 16 year old "valley girl" understands how her engine in her new convertable works.  Asking your average facebook user anything specific about the functions of the Internet that s/he utilizes many times each day is like asking that same "valley girl" how to check the oil.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Bruce Wagner (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:48:36 AM

Wow.    You new people in the forum have become such cynics....    That's sad.

Anyway...

My vision of what the commercial would NOT be about:

• bitcoin as an investment / it would not mention that at all / not at all
  • political or philosophical benefits of bitcoin / again, no mention at all

My vision of what the commercial WOULD be about:

• easy to use
  • no transaction fees
  • transactions that can't bounce or incur chargebacks
  • no need for bank approval
  • you can start using bitcoin within seconds with no technical skills necessary
  • the world's first decentralized currency
  • the world's first currency with a limited supply, yet extremely divisible

On the topic of Facebook, I am working on a simple, yet brilliant   Wink  project there too....   I'll post about that soon.
DrYe5

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 03:00:23 AM

Wow.    You new people in the forum have become such cynics....    That's sad.

Anyway...

My vision of what the commercial would NOT be about:

• bitcoin as an investment / it would not mention that at all / not at all
  • political or philosophical benefits of bitcoin / again, no mention at all

My vision of what the commercial WOULD be about:

• easy to use
  • no transaction fees
  • transactions that can't bounce or incur chargebacks
  • no need for bank approval
  • you can start using bitcoin within seconds with no technical skills necessary
  • the world's first decentralized currency
  • the world's first currency with a limited supply, yet extremely divisible

On the topic of Facebook, I am working on a simple, yet brilliant   Wink  project there too....   I'll post about that soon.

It's certainly better than nothing. Why not $5 in BTC on a USB wallet and a free book?
Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 03:02:28 AM

It's certainly better than nothing. Why not $5 in BTC on a USB wallet and a free book?

We'd rather it did not actually SELL bitcoin directly.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 03:04:07 AM

+1

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
flaxceed

Activity: 389

>>Note new email flaxceed@tormail.org<<

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 03:09:06 AM

Will there be a section in the e-book written by Carlton Sheets explaining how to make millions in real estate with no money down?

A late-night TV ad that sells an e-book might spread the word, but what word will it spread?  Bitcoin will be forever associated with the Ronco smokeless ashtray or pocket fisherman.

The "What is Bitcoin" video is superb.  No, it's brilliant.  Use that.  Pay more for airtime, play it less, and don't sell it like a salad shooter.

//////////////////////////////////////////////
>>>>>>flaxceed@tormail.org<<<<<<
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

>>>  NOTE:  This is a new email address.  It is now tormail.org, and no longer tormail.net!  <<<

killer2021

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 03:10:43 AM

Okay, then go work on making the client better then. Its open source for a reason.

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
1H6mqgB6UcqKt2SrCmhjxUp9np1Xrbkdj7
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 03:10:43 AM

This is...interesting...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
muscles

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 03:12:31 AM

do people still watch tv?
Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 03:25:36 AM

Will there be a section in the e-book written by Carlton Sheets explaining how to make millions in real estate with no money down?

A late-night TV ad that sells an e-book might spread the word, but what word will it spread?  Bitcoin will be forever associated with the Ronco smokeless ashtray or pocket fisherman.

The "What is Bitcoin" video is superb.  No, it's brilliant.  Use that.  Pay more for airtime, play it less, and don't sell it like a salad shooter.

What makes you people so cynical?

I guess you didn't read my post.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 03:28:56 AM

Now hang on just a sec.  That pocket fisherman is damned useful.  Not for fishing, mind you, but for slinging a field expedient wire antenna over a tall tree limb to get your ham radio DX'ing in a hurry at the campsite, it's the best tool evar!

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 03:46:39 AM

Remember people, facebook now has 750 MILLION users and is used MORE than google. Also your friends, "liking" stuff will get more attention and action from them instead of just using an ad, which most people have learned to ignore.

We have to promote on facebook.

Promoting on FB is fine, but that number is misleading. My wife and I represent about 5 of those "users" and don't use FB at all anymore.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 03:48:36 AM

The way I see it, the day PokerStars offers bitcoin betting, we'll have our next big round of publicity and won't need to do a thing.  Certainly this must already be in the works.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Shinobi

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 04:03:44 AM

Good, I really hope Atlas' end-of-days crap doesn't actually make it to air. That is exactly the kind of crap that will either kill Bitcoin or keep it in the fringes. What is with you financial rapture types anyway? It's like you are praying for some sort of "final showdown" moment.

_______
Thinking of using a cheap, yet reliable VPN? Go with PrivateInternetAccess. Not a referral link. Just a satisfied customer!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: