Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:05:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Cardano smart contract platform better than Ethereum and NEO?  (Read 3525 times)
pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:20:29 PM

Cardano shows good growth in December. But this is a young platform. And while it is too early to say that it can adequately compete with Ethereum and NEO. But I bought this coin, who knows, the product is good enough.

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:41:29 PM

I did not know anything about Cardano until this coin started to grow. Then I read and became interested. I liked this project, it's a pity that I did not buy it downstairs, I'll wait for the price drop, but I think it's promising.

veliq

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:59:57 PM

Cardano is undoubtedly a strong project. But how much time does he need to express his full potential. I think for this time ETH will solve the problems with scalability.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:07:04 AM

Where did Cardano came from? It just popped up one day in the top 100 of CoinMarketCap.

At 26 billion ADA its supply is very high. The market cap is already $3.3 billion, if it reaches the level of Ethereum the price would be about $1.30 per ADA.

It was targeted towards asian investors, I believe predominatly Japanese investors, they said they did so because they thought the western market was saturated. Not bad because the investors that got into Cardano got it at $0.002 so thats a staggering 55x return already. I personally think it won't take very long for its marketcap to go over 10bln and I expect it to be around 50bln in 2019. But thats speculation.

zchprm

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:21:37 AM

I would still invest on ETH since it is a more stable coin. Cardano si such a raw prospect but I can see it will shine in time.

speaktome

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:11:49 AM

I did not know anything about Cardano until this coin started to grow. Then I read and became interested. I liked this project, it's a pity that I did not buy it downstairs, I'll wait for the price drop, but I think it's promising.
Me neither,then  ETH  has many competitors already having several platforms that have enabled smart contract,the competition between them in the coming years will be very strong,I could suppose that the one that gives better results will be the one that wins that competition.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
bribed

Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:25:49 AM

Me neither,then  ETH  has many competitors already having several platforms that have enabled smart contract,the competition between them in the coming years will be very strong,I could suppose that the one that gives better results will be the one that wins that competition.

Yes certainly I agree with that. There are already several platforms offering smart contracts and there are more coming up that will bring unique features and more security measures in place. ETH already suffered with the DAO hack, so there is definitely a point of vulnerability there. However I think that this space also has enough space for several players. Different blockchains with different smart contract benefits could coexist in my opinion, but its sure that there will be stronger and weaker ones, and surely only one will reach critical mass at some stage.
SGToken

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:34:49 AM

Of course new generation of platforms always have advantages in term of features and functionalities, compared to previous generations. I won't be surprised if another even better platform comes into the picture in a few months time. But if any of them will surpass ETH, it depends on the development of ETH itself.
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:35:44 AM

How can you say tha a new altcoin which is in its infancy better than eth or neo. Eth specifically has been there for years now and been tested and withstood those test and found its place in the cryptomarket. The massive developers and big amount of fundings  which eth has are yet to be equalled by cardano.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:56:48 AM

I was very optimistic about ADA when it first appeared on CMC expecting 1$ in a year. But I think it has the potential of going much much higher.
I think yes Cardano has potential to be $1 although it will needs more time than one year, maybe needs couples years later due to the total supply of Cardano is very high amount 45.000.000.000 ADA, the data of Cardano been taken from here https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cardano/ it is mean needed about 45 Millions in capitalization that is large of money, i think needs about at least 5 years for Cardano to be $1/ADA of course if the developers of team and community are solid build this platform and today is too early say that Cardano platform is better than ethereum and Neo due to Cardano is still new and still there are no smart contract be built on Cardano platform.
furfurol

Activity: 137

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:35:50 PM

Guys. Cardano is in a league of its own; there is no other project in the space that even comes close to what Cardano will achieve; NOT EVEN CLOSE. ETH is and always will be a bunch of coders in a room hacking stuff together, and because of that, there are going to be huge flaws and vulnerabilities in the code that are going to continually pop up... think DAO.

It's inevitable because of how complex smart contracts are; no human being is capable of perfectly coding anything, especially something as complex as smart contracts. Charles and Cardano understand this, so they used the waterfall, high-assurance, development model to build the Cardano SL mainnet, the foundational layer of the Cardano project. This alone, sets Cardano apart from all other projects, but they went even further; Cardano has academically vetted and conference approved research papers that underly all of its code; no other project that i know of has done this.

Furthermore, Cardano is using a functional programming language (Haskell) and psi-calculus to bring together the fundamental concepts of the research papers, directly and PROVABLY, into the code; this is the first time I have ever heard of a large commercial project doing this.

Seriously, it's not even a competition; it's only a matter of time before Cardano overtakes Ethereum... bitcoin will always be bitcoin (digital gold), but Cardano is the future of blockchain technology. Hands down.
I learned about Cardono from the review in youtube. It interested me. But I could never think that someone would give such full technical information about this platform here.
motionerror

Activity: 76
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:51:52 PM

Cardano is 3rd generation, it will be capable of stuff that ETH isn't.

Care to elaborate on this?
okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:17:49 PM

The only way ETH keeps up with Cardano is through another hard fork.

Yep so investing in ETH now, doesn't really help with one of their forks in the future.

You've got it totally wrong, ETH is not keeping up with cardano, cardano is trying to keep up with ETH.
Cardano supporters are all claiming how it is is such a better platform, especially on paper.

Well, that is the biggest problem with cardano, it is only on paper.

The crypto market has already ballooned this past year and is set to pop in 2018/2019.  We are past the point where whitepaper projects can survive.

Is cardano a better platform than ETH? Undoubtedly yes, but is that enough for it to overtake ETH? First, the platform needs to be released.  Then it needs massive real life adoption that meets than exceeds eth, then, the most important, it needs liquidability.  No matter what, ETH has an insane head start.

It's not always the technically best projects that will dominate.  Just look at BTC, we all love it, but there are so many better blockchains out there with better scalability but BTC still crushes them all.

Yep, that's how speculative investment works. You try to figure out what is going to be big in the future, not what is already big. Hard to make money on stuff that everyone already knows about.
Doozle

Activity: 17
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:20:57 PM

Ethereum is one of the leaders in smart contracts will always have the reputation of being first. Therefore to overtake its experience and reputation needs a company that isn't just a little better than ethereum but much better.
trinketmage

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:23:43 PM

Guys. Cardano is in a league of its own; there is no other project in the space that even comes close to what Cardano will achieve; NOT EVEN CLOSE. ETH is and always will be a bunch of coders in a room hacking stuff together, and because of that, there are going to be huge flaws and vulnerabilities in the code that are going to continually pop up... think DAO.

It's inevitable because of how complex smart contracts are; no human being is capable of perfectly coding anything, especially something as complex as smart contracts. Charles and Cardano understand this, so they used the waterfall, high-assurance, development model to build the Cardano SL mainnet, the foundational layer of the Cardano project. This alone, sets Cardano apart from all other projects...

I was open mindedly reading for a sec, but this part really killed me. The waterfall model is what makes Cardano outstanding, everyone else is just a coder?  Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Seriously, that is the biggest BS i have heard in a long time...
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:53:40 PM

Ethereum is one of the leaders in smart contracts will always have the reputation of being first. Therefore to overtake its experience and reputation needs a company that isn't just a little better than ethereum but much better.

If ETH runs into the same problems as Btc as far as not being able to scale, Cardano could very well be the answer.
flipperfin

Activity: 161

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:57:01 PM

Buying ADA also in case ethereum does not work out, I believe they are kind of similar.
g4r1n1m

Merit: 104

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:00:42 PM

its really depends on what is "better" for you...
i think that cardano has a high quality well thought technology that is more superior than many other projects including NEO
the code itself is perfect.. its a good basis for the long future so it does not fail in 2 years like ETH starts to fail
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:54:37 PM

its really depends on what is "better" for you...
i think that cardano has a high quality well thought technology that is more superior than many other projects including NEO
the code itself is perfect.. its a good basis for the long future so it does not fail in 2 years like ETH starts to fail

Absolutely this! These guys are working so hard on their tech, just go to the Git and see all the commits they do even in a single day.

Mrmuricy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:12:49 PM

What bothers me about Cardano is their max supply which is really high. I am afraid it won't reach 3 digits value. I hope I am wrong though because it looks very promising and I really believe in their project. I will hold some for the next few years and see what happens.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: