Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:00:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Cardano smart contract platform better than Ethereum and NEO?  (Read 3530 times)
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:22:04 PM

Cardano will have innovation ETH and NEO are incapable of without a hard fork. They're 3rd generation.
Greedy squirrel

Activity: 296
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:28:14 PM

In my opinion it's still early to talk about something. Cardano is just beginning its journey, which has long passed the Ethereum. Too many factors affect the success of a new project. The ethereum still looks unattainable.
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:40:04 PM

ethereum have mamy leaps in front of cardano. cardano is just a concept and not released yet.

the hype come from the people who believes that cardano is ethereum of japan like neo is ethereum of china.
VestRidCr

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:06:32 PM

Very soon smart contracts will be with Stratis. It will be a real hit. And the price will fly to the moon) Now the price for Stratis is low, you need to buy and not sell in the next few months.

Dipsomaniac

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:59:01 PM

Very soon smart contracts will be with Stratis. It will be a real hit. And the price will fly to the moon) Now the price for Stratis is low, you need to buy and not sell in the next few months.

This made me cringe.
slow_loris

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:22:57 PM

Guys. Cardano is in a league of its own; there is no other project in the space that even comes close to what Cardano will achieve; NOT EVEN CLOSE. ETH is and always will be a bunch of coders in a room hacking stuff together, and because of that, there are going to be huge flaws and vulnerabilities in the code that are going to continually pop up... think DAO.

It's inevitable because of how complex smart contracts are; no human being is capable of perfectly coding anything, especially something as complex as smart contracts. Charles and Cardano understand this, so they used the waterfall, high-assurance, development model to build the Cardano SL mainnet, the foundational layer of the Cardano project. This alone, sets Cardano apart from all other projects, but they went even further; Cardano has academically vetted and conference approved research papers that underly all of its code; no other project that i know of has done this.

Furthermore, Cardano is using a functional programming language (Haskell) and psi-calculus to bring together the fundamental concepts of the research papers, directly and PROVABLY, into the code; this is the first time I have ever heard of a large commercial project doing this.

Seriously, it's not even a competition; it's only a matter of time before Cardano overtakes Ethereum... bitcoin will always be bitcoin (digital gold), but Cardano is the future of blockchain technology. Hands down.

So much this
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 09:25:43 PM

Guys. Cardano is in a league of its own; there is no other project in the space that even comes close to what Cardano will achieve; NOT EVEN CLOSE. ETH is and always will be a bunch of coders in a room hacking stuff together, and because of that, there are going to be huge flaws and vulnerabilities in the code that are going to continually pop up... think DAO.

It's inevitable because of how complex smart contracts are; no human being is capable of perfectly coding anything, especially something as complex as smart contracts. Charles and Cardano understand this, so they used the waterfall, high-assurance, development model to build the Cardano SL mainnet, the foundational layer of the Cardano project. This alone, sets Cardano apart from all other projects, but they went even further; Cardano has academically vetted and conference approved research papers that underly all of its code; no other project that i know of has done this.

Furthermore, Cardano is using a functional programming language (Haskell) and psi-calculus to bring together the fundamental concepts of the research papers, directly and PROVABLY, into the code; this is the first time I have ever heard of a large commercial project doing this.

Seriously, it's not even a competition; it's only a matter of time before Cardano overtakes Ethereum... bitcoin will always be bitcoin (digital gold), but Cardano is the future of blockchain technology. Hands down.

So much this

I definitely agree ADA is going places. RaiBlocks seems to be pretty similar too.

Dolarin

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:40:10 PM

From a technical point of view, I like NEO. This is more good platform than Cardano. This is my personal opinion.
Eduardo33

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:43:58 PM

Cardano looks promising.  Not sure it can ever catch ethereum though, even if the tech is better.  Eth has to much mindshare and will get better over time.
Alerter

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:11:55 AM

Hello

Do u guys think that Cardano is technically better than ETH and NEO? if yes, why?

NEOs problem is the regulation of icos by china.

Cardano has btw a high supply of nearly 26 billion coins.
They are developing 2nd gen smart contracts with external oracles. Not sure if they succeed, but the idea is nice.
Dipsomaniac

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:02:01 AM

From a technical point of view, I like NEO. This is more good platform than Cardano. This is my personal opinion.

I keep seeing people coming here saying this, but never can provide a single reason as to why.
TurboRyzen

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:10:29 AM

I keep hearing that this is a 3rd generation coin. What makes this a 3rd generation coin?
mR.k0fka

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:46:06 AM

I keep hearing that this is a 3rd generation coin. What makes this a 3rd generation coin?

solving some issues that occured on the 2nd generation coins
like solving the scalability issue
making it safer for enterprise use
solving the regulation issues

etc...

expanded abilities..
just watch the interview with charles hoskinson today with crypt0news
he answered a similar question in details
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:57:42 AM

Yeah for sure cardano was build to solve the problem of scalability.
build based on Science  and by team of engrs. Cardano is the future of blockchain
because it can auto scale, self governance etc.

Cardano is the future of chains
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:06:07 PM

Yeah for sure cardano was build to solve the problem of scalability.
build based on Science  and by team of engrs. Cardano is the future of blockchain
because it can auto scale, self governance etc.

Cardano is the future of chains

Would you mind breaking down exactly how they solve the scalability problem?
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:25:27 PM

It's all fomo.  Their platform hasn't even been launched and is pure speculation at this point.  I don't care how great the devs are or how many problems they say they are going to solve, it's a startup, with no working product, that has a valuation that is nearly 30% of Ethereum's.  No coin at this early stage of development should be worth 1/20 of what it is.  

People constantly tout its 'scientific philosophy" as being unique but its not at all. ZEC is a science-driven project that is run by academics.

Plus there are already other coins out there that solve Ethereum's scalability issues, its just a matter of when it will be incorporated into Ethereum, probably after more testing.  Ethereum has a strong enterprise development foundation and will most likely have its scaling issues fixed before ADA releases its mainnet.

There are other enterprise ready smart contracts being developed simultaneously as well, third generation as well.  Dragonchain has an amazing team behind it and will have truly easy to use smart contracts that scale. That's just the first coin that came to mind.

What justifies Cardano's market cap?  Don't get me wrong, its a promising coin but $28 Billion is a massive number for a coin in this situation.
TurboRyzen

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:53:23 AM

solving some issues that occured on the 2nd generation coins
like solving the scalability issue
making it safer for enterprise use
solving the regulation issues

etc...

expanded abilities..
just watch the interview with charles hoskinson today with crypt0news
he answered a similar question in details

I'm a little late, but do you have a link to this interview?
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:29:49 AM

Cardano Smart Contracts are more detailed and easy to use. This is why Cardona is a perfect project.
There are no security issues and more powerfull then ethereum. Also kitties cannot block transactions.

lol the platform still in the development and where are you trying the ada smartcontract? it doesn't make sense to see you are saying about that was even better than ethereum. Be careful before trying to post anything. Ada still in the progress and their smart contract doesn't even release.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:58:53 AM

Cardano is 3rd generation, it will be capable of stuff that ETH isn't.

For example? I meant to read more about it but something get always in between

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
slcryptoking94

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 05:26:08 AM

ETH is 2nd generation and Cardano is 3rd Generation so  Cardano platform better than ETH Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: