Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:59:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Of the posters you consider to be truly clueless, dumb, or generally useless, what is their investment position?
All of them are bullish - 8 (7.3%)
Most of them are bullish - 21 (19.3%)
Half and half - 22 (20.2%)
Most of them are bearish - 34 (31.2%)
All of them are bearish - 11 (10.1%)
Don't know / Ignoring them all - 13 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 109

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Posters that you think are lame: Are they bulls or bears?  (Read 2538 times)
Zangelbert Bingledack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:43:32 PM

Back in April most of the posters I considered "low-caliber" were bulls, and it got me a bit worried to be in such company. What do you think now?

Note 1 : Of course post quality is rather subjective. Feel free to answer subjectively Smiley

Note 2: I'm not asking the reverse. That is, I'm not asking whether it is the bulls or the bears who are idiots. I'm talking only about posters you find useless: what is their predominant position. For example, you could vote that the lamest posters are all bulls (or bears), but still legitimately maintain that there are many insightful, intelligent, articulate bulls/bears.

Please do not name names. Everyone has to start somewhere on the learning curve. The point of this is strictly for market insight.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 01:56:06 PM

Ignore.

Having been here a while, there are a few movers and shakers to whom I'll pay attention when they talk, everyone else is green until demonstrated otherwise. At the time of writing there are only two posts of any note on the first page of the forum view.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:14:13 PM

Oh I only respect dead cats. All other forms of animals is FUD
PerfectAgent

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:27:18 PM

I'd say it's both sides of the spectrum. There are people who'll see a minor uptick that lasts for an hour and loudly proclaim that we'll be going to $1000/BTC in two days, while others are saying that BTC will most certainly go to 10000BTC/pizza again. And then there's Jaroslaw.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4605

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:55:42 PM

And then there's Jaroslaw.
Please do not name names. Everyone has to start somewhere on the learning curve.

Cheesy
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:00:28 PM

Bears around here can appear more trollish, but the crazy cult mentality of some of the bulls takes the cake. Still plenty of this around. Someone speculates about price drop, and then, "but bitcoin is the future! This is a revolution! Just buy!"
Zangelbert Bingledack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:55:56 AM

Looks like a perfectly even split so far. Perhaps this means dumb people are just dumb. Or maybe it means the market will level out from here, settling at around $75 for a while.
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:17:05 AM

And next week it'll settle a little lower. 2011 we had a spike and a slide, and in 2013 we had a spike, and now a slide. And they're both for pretty much the same reasons, over investments.

People seeing the high prices (266?) dump a lot of cash into new mining gear... 2011 it was GPU's, 2013 it's ASIC's, and then need to liquify some of the BTC to pay for overhead, pressing the price downwards.

-
tutkarz

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:55:34 AM

I dont even know what bears are doing in bitcoin community. They are riding on the other backs to earn free money because not only they are not helping to grow bitcoin economy but they are spreading fud around so they direction is right. If they dont believe in bitcoin and think its price is too high and will crash for sure then wtf they are doing here at all.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 10:12:03 AM

I dont even know what bears are doing in bitcoin community. They are riding on the other backs to earn free money because not only they are not helping to grow bitcoin economy but they are spreading fud around so they direction is right. If they dont believe in bitcoin and think its price is too high and will crash for sure then wtf they are doing here at all.

We are here to extract dollars out of this scheme. That's why it's called the great dollar extraction.
For each successful trade I make there has to be some bull putting money into the system to compensate or the price goes down a bit.

What also has to be strictly distinguished if you want the price to go in a particular direction or if you think it is going to. What you describe is somebody who wants the price to go down, which isn't necessarily bearish.
Bearish is if you think the price will go down, what you want to happen isn't relevant.
naphto

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:21:57 AM

This is not a bull community.
And as you can see, most of the dumbass are bullish according to the poll  Roll Eyes
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4605

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:50:35 PM

most of the dumbass are bullish according to the poll

Say what? At present the score is:

bullish - 17 votes

bearish - 23 votes

neutral - 18 votes

At first it was about even but the bears appear to be pulling away.

How many of those extra six votes are actually due to one obnoxious bear troll though?
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:12:14 PM

We are here to extract dollars out of this scheme. That's why it's called the great dollar extraction.
For each successful trade I make there has to be some bull putting money into the system to compensate or the price goes down a bit.

What also has to be strictly distinguished if you want the price to go in a particular direction or if you think it is going to. What you describe is somebody who wants the price to go down, which isn't necessarily bearish.
Bearish is if you think the price will go down, what you want to happen isn't relevant.

THIS, all day long brother!

As a trader, I am Bearish because it can't go up in a straight line. It went up too far, too fast. And this correction was long overdue.
Long term, I am a Bitcoin Bull. No doubt about that. Or I wouldn't have been here for 2½ years, and I wouldn't have 50% of my holdings offline.

We aren't "riding on others' backs, getting free money". What many of us do takes time, skill, patience, and discipline to make the piles money we make. I should say the same about the perma-Bulls around here. They ride on the backs of the newcomers, hoping for some other sucker to take them "To da moooon". Ups and downs come with the territory in financial markets. So, to say Bears are just FUDing shit up is just plain ignorant.

Get your emotion out of your investments, learn how markets work, and profit from it! Simple!

BitPirate

Activity: 238

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:33:52 PM

And as you can see, most of the dumbass are bullish according to the poll  Roll Eyes

It is exactly this kind of thing that made me vote for why Bears are irritating.

Over-optimism is one thing. Lying and FUD are quite another.

Kazu

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:55:39 PM

And as you can see, most of the dumbass are bullish according to the poll  Roll Eyes

Wow, you really managed to really make yourself look like a dumbass now, didn't you.

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
niko

Activity: 756

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:09:10 PM

There appears to be a slight intellectual advantage to the bears. Among the bulls, there is the "just because" crowd who just screams without any justification or explanation. The bears at least try to rationalize and support their pre-decided position.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Bitcoin BEAR

Activity: 143

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:11:19 PM

And as you can see, most of the dumbass are bullish according to the poll  Roll Eyes

It is exactly this kind of thing that made me vote for why Bears are irritating.

Who was lying? Having an opinion about direction is not FUD or lying
BitPirate

Activity: 238

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:14:28 PM

The results of this poll are not open to "opinion on direction". They are simple facts. The results were strongly skewed towards bears when he posted, and they still are.

Bitcoin BEAR

Activity: 143

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:17:01 PM

The results of this poll are not open to "opinion on direction". They are simple facts. The results were strongly skewed towards bears when he posted, and they still are.

Fair enough! I thought you were talking about bears and their reasoning in general. Thanks for clarification!
PerfectAgent

Activity: 252

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:48:10 PM

And then there's Jaroslaw.
Please do not name names. Everyone has to start somewhere on the learning curve.

Cheesy

Whoops, reading comprehension escapes me sometimes!

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: