Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:03:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN vanity tag / license plate for your car  (Read 1687 times)
GlenBot (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 05:42:51 AM

A couple days ago I ordered "BITCOIN" as a vanity plate for my vehicle in Virginia, USA.

Anyone want to take a guess at how long it'll be before the same tag is taken in every state?  I'd guess only about a year, maybe less.  It looks awesome, it's not something wacky like "HL0KIT1" which makes you sit there and try to decipher what the hell it is they're trying to convey.  BITCOIN looks awesome.  Period.

Still waiting on the tags to arrive in the mail.  Once they do, I'll try to remember to post some pics here.

If you are the proud owner of real BITCOIN vanity tags on your vehicle, speak up and share some pics please.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:43:31 AM

Ohhhh, I need to renew the plates on my car.... you're tempting me.  Cheesy
GlenBot (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 05:45:59 AM

Yeah, I had to do that by the end of June, and if you order a vanity tag at the same time as a registration renewal, it's only $10 for the vanity tags (per year).  I think VA is probably one of the cheapest states for vanity tag fees.  Saw a front page news article on Yahoo recently that many states are really upping the prices of them just to collect extra revenue for the state.

fascistmuffin

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:48:48 AM

Saw a front page news article on Yahoo recently that many states are really upping the prices of them just to collect extra revenue for the state.

They might as well, since having a custom plate is purely luxury.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:49:44 AM

Haha, that'd make you really suspect if they end up banning bitcoins in the US.  Tongue

My plates are $186 for a two-year renewal of my current vanity plates.  Not sure if that's high or low.  A lot of money for me right now though.
GlenBot (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 06:10:06 AM

Haha, that'd make you really suspect if they end up banning bitcoins in the US.  Tongue

The day the US bans Bitcoins is the day I start looking for a new country to call home for my whole family.  I'm not saying it's not going to happen... but if it does, that'll be my response, and I'm sure I will not be alone.  It'll be interesting to see how the world's governments are going to deal with a currency system they cannot (easily) tax.
GlenBot (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 08:26:53 PM

Picture of the BITCOIN plate that's now on my car;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6075/6098671023_96b76cc6c0.jpg
EducatedHero

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:37:57 PM

sweet lol
MajorMiner

Activity: 147
Merit: 196

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 09:16:00 PM

Way to REPRESENT! Very nice!
 Cool

"From a small seed a mighty trunk may grow." -Aeschylus
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 10:09:04 PM

Picture of the BITCOIN plate that's now on my car;

I love it!

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: