Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:43:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Network Crashing??  (Read 1298 times)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 10:14:41 AM

It's just the network congestion is too much but still my transactions are going through in a timely manner. It has happened earlier as well but this time due to too many ICOs, the transaction log has increased. My TX got confirmed in less than 15 minutes with 0.000470337 Ether as fee which is still normal compared to others paying $1+ fee for getting faster confirmations. Today again my TX got confirmed in 10 minutes.

I5 Minute is like 10years on Ethereum Network! Ethereum usually confirm in less than 10sec. This is an attack on the Network

It's still better than to wait for 10 hours in case of BTC. Earlier it used to take like 1 minute and now 10 minutes to be sent from exchanges. Total time including the withdrawal and deposit is 10 minutes which is pretty fine looking at some transactions here taking 40+ minutes. That's the worse case scenario.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 10:16:00 AM

Ethereum Network Crashing and now leading to pending and long time confirmation. Can this lead to Ethereum fall?

Not crashing. Because of the game that happended.
These type of conjessions happended in the past. They will be fixed. No worries. Eth network was the king and will be the king. Not crashed

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:17:47 AM

Ethereum Network Crashing and now leading to pending and long time confirmation. Can this lead to Ethereum fall?
Just increase your gas price than it will get through, but yes it is quite congested right now. Every crypto is struggling to get better scaling solution which is quite hard to implement because of decentralization and debate around block size.

If you are trading some tokens in Etherdelta than don't forget to increase its default gas price.

jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:57:37 AM

To sell I believe that this is a panic move. Why sell just because of some network issue? They will trouble shoot the problem and fix it.
No need to sell right now i think.
ravedien

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:59:47 AM

I dont think they will crash, they are just congested on request but hold it up mate. I hold they can fix it asap
Sinistlercoin

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:30:08 PM

All because of those stupid cryptokittens or whatever they are.

Seriously, I essentially said the same thing and my comment gets deleted.  The moderators of this site are utter morons!
residivis

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:38:25 PM

indeed things that happen at the depot / wd it is often a very long delay and this is indeed reasonable and can enter but in a long time.
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:21:36 PM

etherium has many advantages. I am sure that all problems will be solved as soon as possible. because I just found the problem of slow transaction confirmation

handsum242

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 04:25:25 PM

Just increase your gas price than it will get through, but yes it is quite congested right now. Every crypto is struggling to get better scaling solution which is quite hard to implement because of decentralization and debate around block size.

If you are trading some tokens in Etherdelta than don't forget to increase its default gas price.

I did increase gas price from 1 gwei to 20 and it didn't work !!
nor9847

Activity: 89

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:43:55 PM

Of course no, it just had little problem with the transaction and block, and maybe they are performing a maintenance service in order to make the transaction to be faster. the problem also happend because there are so much kinds of token that will be entering to ETH platform, but absolutely that's not a crash at all.
iloveturtles

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:51:22 PM

Blame the kittens, although this is a good thing every huge network needs to be constantly stress tested.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:55:16 PM

Got a bad move today while in a vacation. I just know that Ethereum are having network problems since a day or two. Transferred some coins few hours ago and I can't even see the transaction details.
I am getting the error transaction hash not found after 10 hours ...is it issue of Network or something wrong with my transaction?

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 04:59:30 PM

You might not believe but cats are behind this, yes literally cats! A new ETH/DApp called Cryptokitties is causing a huge congestion in ETH network. The only 2 solutions to this is either close Cryptokitties or scale up ETH blockchain, by implementing the long awaited upgrades like POS. The first option although seems easier one, but it is also the worst one in long terms. If we ban Daps just because they have become hugely viral, then it won't be good for ETH's future. Hope Vitalik is doing something regarding the current network congestion.

big_bounty

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:00:15 PM

It all depends on what kind of wallet you use. I have no problems with the network, and my friend has not been confirmed transactions for two days. I think that the new ICO project with cats is to blame for everything

Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:51:57 PM

Man. I cannot even express how much i am freaking tired of all these bloody crashing coin topics. Even on bitcoin section, lots of topics about crash are popping up. You know what op, ethereum isn't that easy to kill. It had survived a lot of trials and became better after each one. And i highly doubt that this will be enough to kill ethereum.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:12:27 PM

Crazy that one browser based cat game can bring Ethereum to its knees.

I guess that kills my idea of using Ethereum for a phone app I had planned.

Many coins have low transaction rate capabilities it seems, Dash boasts high rate but you cant insert custom information into TX for games etc.

Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:15:13 PM

There is too much traffic on the blockchain. It became just like bitcoin.
Cmon, this aint new to us. We can somehow relate to this and this will also end in a good conclusion.
I just hope they are making steps into how they will make it better.
Thanks to their lower fees this happened.
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:19:29 PM

There is too much traffic on the blockchain. It became just like bitcoin.
Cmon, this aint new to us. We can somehow relate to this and this will also end in a good conclusion.
I just hope they are making steps into how they will make it better.
Thanks to their lower fees this happened.

In my opinion, Ethereum is very close to Bitcoin in the ranking and it is not possible that something would spoil such a strong position of this coin. In my opinion, it is unrivaled and nothing is currently able to spoil it.
JanEmil

Activity: 2296
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 06:22:22 PM

CryptoKitties killed my crypto hobby business Angry
MyEtherWallet and EtherDelta have been dead for me 2 days.
ETH lost in CyperSpace with some other alt coins.

hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:27:11 PM

Man. I cannot even express how much i am freaking tired of all these bloody crashing coin topics. Even on bitcoin section, lots of topics about crash are popping up. You know what op, ethereum isn't that easy to kill. It had survived a lot of trials and became better after each one. And i highly doubt that this will be enough to kill ethereum.
Killing the whole network is actually making the whole network useless or end of the network. Actually that isn't happening right now. The whole network is congested by small transactions from crypto kitties game. The best solution for this problem is to run the game on an ETH sidechain if it supports else there same problem continues.

Blah blah
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: