Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:51:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Network Crashing??  (Read 1298 times)
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:38:24 PM

cryptokitties are creating the problem to the Ethereum network i had a transaction on etherdelta yesterday and i got i cleared today. This game is causing a lot of trouble for the ethereum network and i thought every ico should use raiden network to get rid from this trouble as it solve  scalability problem of ethereum network.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bons

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:39:26 PM

All because of those stupid cryptokittens or whatever they are.  Shocked Shocked Shocked
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 06:45:55 PM

Then buy and hodl is best way to invest have a 3-5 year time frame you will do much better investing than day trading in my opinion. I've never seen it this low. Personally, love to catch more ETH that time.
matricaria

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:02:25 PM

cryptokitties are creating the problem to the Ethereum network i had a transaction on etherdelta yesterday and i got i cleared today. This game is causing a lot of trouble for the ethereum network and i thought every ico should use raiden network to get rid from this trouble as it solve  scalability problem of ethereum network.

I never thought that ONE project of ICO could cause problems for such a strong coin as an ETH. But now I understand that this is possible. Now, the developers of ETH must solve this problem in the shortest possible time

howlong3098

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:22:05 PM

I really like the ERC20 technology, just that it is on the rise. It will soon reach the limit in the near future  Cheesy
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:51:42 PM

Being congested (somewhat) does not change one simple fact:
 Ethereum network alone processes more  transactions than the whole remaining crypto ecosystem summed up right now! I'm not talking about the capability but the actual transactions in practice.  Wink

myypw

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:09:25 PM

just another fud, this will give us perfect buy opportunities.
Haslett5236

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:25:42 PM

ethereum network is affected by the CryptoKitties now , you can put more gas in your trade for

a more quickly transaction , the problem will be solve just waitting.
Wolfwar

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:04:53 PM

ethereum network is affected by the CryptoKitties now , you can put more gas in your trade for

a more quickly transaction , the problem will be solve just waitting.
this is no longer patience with many users, since the etherium is much faster than the time of the transaction, rather than Bitcoin. Of course, if you increase the amount of gas, the speed will increase unambiguously.
skullsandbones

Activity: 222

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:54:27 AM

Cats everywhere!

No wonder the Blockchain is clogging up and the Ethereum Network is not moving.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1160

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:41:54 PM

Got a bad move today while in a vacation. I just know that Ethereum are having network problems since a day or two. Transferred some coins few hours ago and I can't even see the transaction details.
It has been a crazy few days honestly, and that shows some concerns. The reason why today, people still prefer just leaving their funds in bitcoin rather than in some of these other cryptos os because they have not really experienced so much that can really make the devs to see that there is still a lot of work to do.

It might be temporary but the truth is people tend to forget the number of years Bitcoin have been in existence to correct some anomalies. Eth is just starting and the devs really still have some huge works to do on the network.

How will we even call a long time confirmation a crash ? It is normal to have congestion on a network and that goes for those who think Ethereum network is faster and cannot get congested which makes it better than bitcoin. Just the ordinary crypto-kittens have proved such people wrong now. However, it cannot lead to ETH fall, but maybe they will have to do something about an upgrade soon.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:03:11 PM

Ethereum Network Crashing and now leading to pending and long time confirmation. Can this lead to Ethereum fall?

There is no one reason to start panic. No it is not crashing. Yes, ETH is temporary down, but it will start rising again in a day or two. The platform is great, and it is being constantly developed and improved. Nothing bad will happen to it.
pinky851

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:06:14 PM

Ethereum Network Crashing and now leading to pending and long time confirmation. Can this lead to Ethereum fall?
I think, ethereum networks service updating.Because I see if I increase gas limit then I see transaction is run Cheesy
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:07:17 PM

Man. I cannot even express how much i am freaking tired of all these bloody crashing coin topics. Even on bitcoin section, lots of topics about crash are popping up. You know what op, ethereum isn't that easy to kill. It had survived a lot of trials and became better after each one. And i highly doubt that this will be enough to kill ethereum.
Killing the whole network is actually making the whole network useless or end of the network. Actually that isn't happening right now. The whole network is congested by small transactions from crypto kitties game. The best solution for this problem is to run the game on an ETH sidechain if it supports else there same problem continues.

You're right the word useless is overdoing it. But it is having it's necessary effects, and for poor or cheap people I bet they are find the eth network pretty useless right now.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:11:16 PM

I heard you will need to set the gas price at 61 GWEI. That is a hell of a lot of price for an Ethereum transaction. $5-6 for one transaction and when in etherdelta you will be doing three transactions. Deposit, Withdrawal and transfer, damn thats a lot of money to be spent for just one trade.
This is not good, they are even expensive than doing it with bitcoin.
I hope they can fix this right away.
john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:21:08 PM

I heard you will need to set the gas price at 61 GWEI. That is a hell of a lot of price for an Ethereum transaction. $5-6 for one transaction and when in etherdelta you will be doing three transactions. Deposit, Withdrawal and transfer, damn thats a lot of money to be spent for just one trade.
This is not good, they are even expensive than doing it with bitcoin.
I hope they can fix this right away.
set the 61 GWEI is very expensive, it is better to hold the coin first when the network is normal and stable you can sell it at a normal price GWEI and not harm.

satgoldan

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:23:45 PM

CryptoKitties are creating TXs in ETH-network, so it`s busy. If you want to send TX now, you need set 40+ gwei gas price and large gas limit. But I advise you wait.

─────────────── IMO Ecosystem ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
[ TELEGRAM ] J O I N U S [ TWITTER ]
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:42:09 PM

Ethereum Network is not crashing. It just delayed because there so many transactions running in the same time and it got stuck. It happened also because so many people do the transaction but only with minimum or little gas price/gas needed. It takes time if we used little gas and makes the system needs some times to ethereum chain solved. That's what i thought about it. Not chrasing just delayed.
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:42:59 PM

Yes, I have encountered this problem in the past few days. Transactions seem to be difficult to verify; some transactions require more than two days to get verified. However, I do not think this will make the ethereum platform crash,there isn't clear evidence for such a conclusion, probably due to speed and quality issues during the transaction. I believe it will soon be resolved satisfactorily
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:24:14 AM

Ethereum network isn't crashing and there is no attack, but increased network traffic.
And it showes Ethereum needs further improvement.
I think Ethereum get it, but when? nobody knows exactly - maybe when  it switch to pos, or maybe another solution will be found?

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: