Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:10:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Krater Miner OFFICIAL THREAD (WORKING Avalon Clone w/ videos!)  (Read 7415 times)
mike4747 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:46:04 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 03:19:23 AM by mike4747

We would like to introduce ourselves and our company, Krater Miner, to the bitcoin community. Our company consists of 3 people who have experience in business, web development, and component level electronics. We are based out of Northeast Ohio.

For over 2 months we have been working behind the scenes, with Carlos (better known on this forum as flyonthewall; he has a condo service that he has been promoting on this forum, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189976.0) on an Avalon clone. We now have a working prototype.

On our website, www.kraterminer.com, we have a video showing the prototype in action.

We ordered 10,000 Avalon chips and we are selling 4 module units with those chips. In addition, we have a build your own unit service if you want to send us your chips.

We know you will have plenty of questions for us, so we made a FAQ page on our website that will hopefully answer most of these questions. Even though we are new to this community, we have been working exclusively on these units for the past 2 months. We decided not to make an announcement until we had video proof of our unit working. Also, you can email us at kratermining@gmail.com, or you can call us at (440) 391-9651. Please do not hesitate to call. I will be more than happy to answer any questions, or address any concerns you may have.

Here is a link to our most recent video: http://vimeo.com/69971232

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:48:53 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 12:01:24 PM by Bitcoinorama

Well done, another semi-professional effort, unlike a lot of your competition. Needed.

EDIT: just seen your prices though....Oooof! You best be changing those, quickly!! What a rip off!! You're as expensive as ASICminer!!! You do realise people want a 'return on investment', right?!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
mike4747 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:58:08 AM

Thanks, I appreciate that! There is also more pictures and a video on the progress section of the site.
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:06:04 PM

didn't Avalon sell the same thing for 75 BTC which were expensive anyway and you're asking 200 BTC.
Are these units built and available now?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:07:32 PM

Guys you are about to get creamed by this forum unless you change that pricing ASAP.

You're not responsible for non working ASICs at those prices?! Can you not afford a buffer there, with your extreme profits and zero ROI for customers? Wow!

I mean at least when Friedcat rips people off he actually has products to hand, today. You are still reliant on Bitsyncom's delivery and at that point every other competitor will also have Avalon chips and the hashrate will be going ballistic.

I take everything back, really unimpressed.

jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:09:46 PM

200 BTC for a 90 GH!. Not sure if serious..

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
mike4747 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:11:16 PM

I think you are misunderstanding about the non working ASIC. That is if you send us chips. How do I know if they are good or not? I cannot know that. As for the price of our actual units... if I could make a price at $7K I would. We spent lots of money, and they don't take bitcoins, on securing mass production... which has already begun.

EDIT: The units we sell are 100 percent guaranteed to work.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:12:30 PM

I think you are misunderstanding about the non working ASIC. That is if you send us chips. How do I know if they are good or not? I cannot know that. As for the price of our actual units... if I could make a price at $7K I would. We spent lots of money, and they don't take bitcoins, on securing mass production... which has already begun.

Cool, at least you have lots of non-selling ASIC units to mine with...

EDIT: I figured the redundant chips were from your own stock, you may want to make that clear on your site.

jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:13:30 PM

I think he is serious about this. You really need a huge luck if you want to make any sale with this product.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:18:59 PM

I was very encouraged to see a mining company pop up that is within a two hour drive of me, and then I saw the price, which is very disappointing.

$15k (200 BTC at 75$ per BTC) is absurdly overpriced for a 90 GHs miner. I don't think you'll get anywhere near that price unless you're selling on Ebay where there tends to be an endless supply of suckers who are not very good at calculating ROI for ASIC mining equipment.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:28:33 PM

I was very encouraged to see a mining company pop up that is within a two hour drive of me, and then I saw the price, which is very disappointing.

$15k (200 BTC at 75$ per BTC) is absurdly overpriced for a 90 GHs miner. I don't think you'll get anywhere near that price unless you're selling on Ebay where there tends to be an endless supply of suckers who are not very good about calculating ROI for ASIC mining equipment.

Especially as they will blatantly have the devices up and mining until anyone chooses to purchase from them at that price I see a very healthy profit, considering their customers won't have any profit themselves!

dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:38:15 PM

200 bitcoin or $15,400 for 90gh/s is amazing expensive
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:39:52 PM

impressed with your work.  less so on the price.
You kinda need to think about the competition you'll soon have from the other Avalon DIY teams. A more reasonable price would give you a great head-start given that you've got a working prototype.  Up to you though, it's your BTC...
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:46:02 PM

sorry guys, but it is extremely expensive without ROI, pls check competitors (bitfury, KNC, DIY avalon boards) for correction of you prices.
andrewsg

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:54:52 PM

It's a good effort, hopefully something you can build on in the future, with more products based on different chips and faster times to market. I'm sure development costs were high, but people who can calculate ROI don't care. I hope that Avalon delivers soon and you can start mining and selling to cover those costs. But at that price you will never sell more than a few lucky units.

Bitcoin can be bad for your chi. Improve yours and mine by sending BTC to: 1N1zRYSwKQbZ8Kx1bKvTskrjGMNynVFEr1
mike4747 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:48:00 PM

First of all, we’d like to thank you for the initial feedback on our units. All feedback is appreciated… positive, negative and anywhere in between.

Secondly, we’d like to inform you of our progress as far as availability of a finished, ready to ship unit is concerned. All the boards (hash cards, control units, backplanes and power distribution) are currently being mass produced locally in NE Ohio. We anticipate the completion of all boards by the time the full order of Avalon chips arrives.

We plan on being ready to start shipping out finished units as early as 1 week after the time the Avalon chips arrive.

Thanks for your interest!
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:53:56 PM

We anticipate the completion of all boards by the time the full order of Avalon chips arrives.

yes, like everybody else, all DIY guys and small companies are waiting for this moment. Point is, that they are much cheaper. Also with prepared boards, backplanes and promise, that they will deliver in 2 weeks, once chips arrived. nothing new. Could you please explain us, why is the price of you devices so high?.) do you know about competitors and their prices?

thanks for honest answer.
HTML5 Gordon

Activity: 184

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:00:28 PM

Looking good, but agreed about the pricing - a person paying 200BTC for this will never get an ROI as difficulty rises.
hasher87

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:06:09 PM

thats about $166 per ghash? holy caramba
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:07:19 PM

Great work, prices are about 150% over market.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: