Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:20:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Krater Miner OFFICIAL THREAD (WORKING Avalon Clone w/ videos!)  (Read 7415 times)
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:28:17 PM

People are under the impression that no one knows how to do math.

Here is how to be successful and to deliver a successful product announcement:

1. Have a product
2. If you don't have a product have a date when you will have a product
3. price your product comparable to other similar products, even better, price your product to be competitive
4. be customer service oriented and responsive.

if you fail any of these 4 you are destined to have problems.

If you fail at #3, then the other 3 really don't matter.

The one good thing bitcointalk has going for it is that people will give you feedback,
so before you go sinking tens of thousands of dollars into a venture,
find some folks to give you feedback, because right now you need:

1. Someone to vouch for your product
2. A product that is affordable.

You have neither.

bearsworth

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:32:28 PM

I see you guys lowered the price! Its much more competitive, and hopefully you'll net more sales.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
bearsworth

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:35:41 PM

I didn't realize the price of BTC has increased greatly. What is your set rate in USD? the price is +$2000 and more than terrahash pricing.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
Chrstian

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:41:37 AM

Does anyone know if they have their chips yet? what their shipping date would be?
mike4747 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:43:57 AM

Does anyone know if they have their chips yet? what their shipping date would be?

Our chips should be in by the end of this week or next week.  All of the boards and components are ready to go, so as soon as the chips arrive, assembly will begin.
mike4747 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:45:10 AM

I didn't realize the price of BTC has increased greatly. What is your set rate in USD? the price is +$2000 and more than terrahash pricing.

The price in USD will be equivalent to the current price of 90 BTC.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:59:00 PM

Hosting services? I am in Europe - in that case should I pay VAT too?
Duffer1

Activity: 227

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:36:18 PM

How to do it properly (just received this from KNC):

KnCMiner Network Protection Statement

At KnCMiner we are aware of the service we are providing to our customers. We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers.  So with that in mind our plan is to do as follows:

We will ship no devices in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014. Meaning that once we have taken the difficulty up at the end of November we will not release any more hashing power for 3 months. We will then release our new generation of devices, which will begin shipping in March 2014. These devices will also have a much higher GH/$ rating than any of our current offerings.

We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team
tlr

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:10:28 PM

How to do it properly (just received this from KNC):

KnCMiner Network Protection Statement

At KnCMiner we are aware of the service we are providing to our customers. We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers.  So with that in mind our plan is to do as follows:

We will ship no devices in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014. Meaning that once we have taken the difficulty up at the end of November we will not release any more hashing power for 3 months. We will then release our new generation of devices, which will begin shipping in March 2014. These devices will also have a much higher GH/$ rating than any of our current offerings.

We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

That last sentence sounds a lot like "If our competitors continue to ship during that period, we will too". That seems inevitable, making this statement meaningless.
jmaccoin

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:00:08 PM

The price in USD will be equivalent to the current price of 90 BTC.

I'd buy at 45 (50 if it could be here before the end of July).

I'd buy at 50 too, but why would they sell them at that price? They're is better off mining them than selling at that price.
Duffer1

Activity: 227

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:56:15 PM

That last sentence sounds a lot like "If our competitors continue to ship during that period, we will too". That seems inevitable, making this statement meaningless.

I believe you misread it.  They're not shipping any units at all Dec-Feb, but when they do start offering new hardware again it will be priced with the overall network hashrate taken into consideration so they can still make a good profit, but leave enough on the table to make purchasing from them attractive to customers.
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:42:26 PM

Are your chips in yet?
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:19:46 PM

I suppose no hosting available (because you did not answer)...
mike4747 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:16:03 PM

I suppose no hosting available (because you did not answer)...

Sorry for the delay.  Correct, we are not offering hosting at this time.
mike4747 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:29:20 PM

Are your chips in yet?

Not yet.  The chips should be in later this week or next week.
daserpent1

Activity: 435

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:23:30 PM

What is the price of your miner?
Do you accept USD ?
Whats the delivery date if I order tomorrow?
mike4747 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 11:47:21 PM

What is the price of your miner?
Do you accept USD ?
Whats the delivery date if I order tomorrow?

Thanks for reaching out.

What is the price of your miner?: 90 BTC

Do you accept USD ?:  Yes, we accept international wire transfers and Dwolla.  Please login and/or register and checkout this page for more details: http://kraterminer.com/kraterminer.php

What's the delivery date if I order tomorrow?: All of the components, boards, harnesses, heatsinks, etc are ready to go.  We're just waiting on the chips to arrive from Avalon, which should be soon.  If the chips arrive soon, we should be shipping in mid-late August.

Hope that helps, and feel free to contact us at anytime with any other questions.  You can reach us via email kratermining@gmail.com or by phone (440) 391-9651

dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 09:32:29 AM

ETA on the chips? When was the last time you heart from Avalon/Yifu?

mike4747 (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:09:29 PM

According out our order queue, the chips should have arrived last week.  We have not received them yet.  As soon as they arrive, we will post an update in this thread.

All of the boards, harnesses, heatsinks, etc.. are ready to go.  Once the chips arrive, assembly of the miners will begin asap.

Thank you for reaching out!
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:23:43 PM

According out our order queue, the chips should have arrived last week.  We have not received them yet.  As soon as they arrive, we will post an update in this thread.

All of the boards, harnesses, heatsinks, etc.. are ready to go.  Once the chips arrive, assembly of the miners will begin asap.

Thank you for reaching out!

Avalon is AWOL. There are many bulk chip orders that were placed before yours and haven't been shipped. I believe the only bulk chip order that has actually been delivered is Zefir's batch one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: