Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:07:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] X8X Token Generation Event - Your access to safety and stability  (Read 3044 times)
x8currency (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 10:23:35 PM

Sorry mate but I'm quite confuse what do you mean the contribution of the first phase? Does this refer to the amount of funds that each participants may contribute? Or does this refer to something else?. That's good to know, I'm glad we're on the same wavelength with this one, it's always best to reach as many people as possible because you never know how many from a crowd of people is willing to invest and to take part in this project. Can I ask why set limits? Is this favorable to the project in any way? And how can these limits benefit the investors?. That's great that you already got some marketing plans for this project, a good marketing always comes a long way, so what are your plans? Will you eventually have a bounty? And do you have like teams assigned to do the promotion for this project?

As it was stated in the previous posts, the number of participants in a limited whitelist phase (or any other following) is not limited.

There will be individual hard cap limits on the amount of funds a single participant can contribute in the limited whitelist phase (from there the name limited comes). The limits are set to ensure a possibility to contribute to all whitelisted supporters and thus a wide token distribution. That does not only help the project in the long term (better acceptance by exchanges, etc.), but also is beneficial to contributors as there are no large whales that could manipulate the price. Final limits will be announced prior to the start of the TGE.

We have an active marketing campaign already underway. You can expect some very interesting announcement in the next two weeks.

Our project does and will not have any bounties/bonuses/etc. We have concluded that such things do help to promote the project, but also attract "supporters" that are there only because of that. That on the long run quite negatively effects the price movement of the token and is no no way good for other supporters.

x8currency (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 10:25:04 PM

I expect in first phase some bonuses or lower price per token that it will be in ICO period.
I think they have no any bounty for now.

There are no bonuses/bounties in our project. The price of the token (0,10 EUR) will be the same, regardless of the phase of the TGE.

sgx

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:45:51 AM

Pardon my ignorance on the matter but if main purpose is preservance of value (as opposed to gains on invested capital which is what most people seek) why simply not invest in gold? Why the hassle with all this? What I'm missing?
x8currency (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:21:24 AM

Pardon my ignorance on the matter but if main purpose is preservance of value (as opposed to gains on invested capital which is what most people seek) why simply not invest in gold? Why the hassle with all this? What I'm missing?

The difference is in the diversification of your risk. If you only invest in one asset (or peg a tokens value to only one asset, such as gold, USD, etc.), you are completely exposed to the movement of the value of the chosen asset. Thus, there is no effective solution in case of a black swan event (the value of the asset significantly decreases) and your portfolio loses on value.

You can significantly lower you risk/exposure by investing (pegging a token) in several assets. In the case of X8C there are 8 different fiat currencies and gold coins.

In our project we have also taken a next step in the process of lowering risk/exposure. The value of X8C is not pegged to the value of the backing assets. Rather than that, the backing basket is actively managed by ARM AI. Thus, the distribution of assets in the basket is not always the same, but it changes together with the market. Example: if the value of gold would decrease, our ARM AI would lower the percentage of gold in the basket to ensure and even lower exposure to the negative market conditions.

blx18

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:13:15 PM

Read the whitepaper and some blogs. I just do not get how will you ensure stabilty on exchanges? I suppose that you tokens will be listed on exchanges.
x8currency (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 12:38:09 PM

Read the whitepaper and some blogs. I just do not get how will you ensure stabilty on exchanges? I suppose that you tokens will be listed on exchanges.

Both tokens (X8C and X8X) will be listed on exchanges as well. However, only when doing an entry/exit into X8C through our fund manager, an individual will enjoy all the benefits of the system (fair price, max liquidity, etc.). To do that, one has to posses an appropriate amount of X8X tokens.

This blog should help you better understand ways of obtaining X8C - http://bit.ly/2x6A4w2

Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:33:47 PM

I didn't understand the diff between X8X & X8C nor how they relate but anyway...

...am I right concluding that this is some kind of multi-world-values version of tether?

Basically, is this gonna give Bitstamp its own tether, in a more trustful way?
If so, that sounds good. Especially if it can also avoid problems in the future if taxation in europe clarifies & any convertion to "real" fiat starts being a problem.
x8currency (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:26:07 PM

I didn't understand the diff between X8X & X8C nor how they relate but anyway...

...am I right concluding that this is some kind of multi-world-values version of tether?

Basically, is this gonna give Bitstamp its own tether, in a more trustful way?
If so, that sounds good. Especially if it can also avoid problems in the future if taxation in europe clarifies & any convertion to "real" fiat starts being a problem.

Hey Kluog. I would recommend you to read up this two blog posts, which realy nicely explain two questions that you asked.

X8C and X8X explanation:
https://www.ionectar.com/x8-project-token-model/

and

comparison to Tether and other stable currencies:
https://www.ionectar.com/stable-cryptocurrencies-the-quest/

PacificKA

Activity: 8
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:34:29 PM

This looks very interesting. I read your home page and the summary at: https://www.ionectar.com/x8-project-token-model/

So just to confirm (please correct me if I am wrong),

1) The X8C token is linked to fiat currency and gold reserves that you will have in possession and the amounts are regularly audited by an independent 3rd party. The value of the X8C token is expected to remain fairly constant in the event of Cryptocurrency market swings. The X8C token could be viewed as a "safe haven" token during Cryptocurrency market swings. Since X8C is a token, depending on the particular laws of a country where a persons resides, moving for example Bitcoin into X8C would not be seen as a taxable gain, since no recognized fiat currency was purchased. This is much like Tether but with greater security since X8C has audited proof of your fiat currency and gold holdings.

2) The X8X token is a fixed supply utility token that allows the holder thereof to enter into the X8C token. The value of the X8X token would logically be expected to rise most in value during times when the Cryptocurrency market value is falling, when people are looking for a safe haven to park Cryptocurrency market gains. The absolute only way to enter into/get the X8C token is by using the X8X token. There is no fiat portal or otherwise available method to enter the X8C token. Only the X8X token allows entry to the X8C token.

Will both X8C and X8X be listed on Cryptocurrency exchanges or just X8X ?

Thank you
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:18:43 AM

Sorry mate but I'm quite confuse what do you mean the contribution of the first phase? Does this refer to the amount of funds that each participants may contribute? Or does this refer to something else?. That's good to know, I'm glad we're on the same wavelength with this one, it's always best to reach as many people as possible because you never know how many from a crowd of people is willing to invest and to take part in this project. Can I ask why set limits? Is this favorable to the project in any way? And how can these limits benefit the investors?. That's great that you already got some marketing plans for this project, a good marketing always comes a long way, so what are your plans? Will you eventually have a bounty? And do you have like teams assigned to do the promotion for this project?

As it was stated in the previous posts, the number of participants in a limited whitelist phase (or any other following) is not limited.

There will be individual hard cap limits on the amount of funds a single participant can contribute in the limited whitelist phase (from there the name limited comes). The limits are set to ensure a possibility to contribute to all whitelisted supporters and thus a wide token distribution. That does not only help the project in the long term (better acceptance by exchanges, etc.), but also is beneficial to contributors as there are no large whales that could manipulate the price. Final limits will be announced prior to the start of the TGE.

We have an active marketing campaign already underway. You can expect some very interesting announcement in the next two weeks.

Our project does and will not have any bounties/bonuses/etc. We have concluded that such things do help to promote the project, but also attract "supporters" that are there only because of that. That on the long run quite negatively effects the price movement of the token and is no no way good for other supporters.

Oh okay so it limits on the amount of funds, that's way clearer now thanks for emphasizing it. Wow that's a pretty good idea, I never thought setting limits could be really beneficial to a project. I do support this idea, with this investors doesn't have to fear whales from dumping a huge amount of tokens causing a huge crash on the token's price and this move can really help the token and the project reach as many people as possible making this project accessible to everyone. Whoever thought about this is a genius and I applaud you guys for integrating this feature into your project, not everyone is willing to take a risk as big as this so if this ends up being successful then you guys will probably change the way ico works. I couldn't agree more that's why this forum is filled with bounty hunters because most of them just supports the project because they can gain something from it and once the bounty will be over then there will be a huge dump coming from them which can affect the token negatively especially its price. With everything that you said here, it seems like you're really devoting a lot of time thinking about the future of this project and planning each step as carefully as possible to ensure a successful outcome, with that you just prove to me how trustworthy you guys are and how serious you are with this project. I'm sure that's a quality every investors wants from every dev team. 

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
x8currency (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 12:38:03 PM

This looks very interesting. I read your home page and the summary at: https://www.ionectar.com/x8-project-token-model/

So just to confirm (please correct me if I am wrong),

1) The X8C token is linked to fiat currency and gold reserves that you will have in possession and the amounts are regularly audited by an independent 3rd party. The value of the X8C token is expected to remain fairly constant in the event of Cryptocurrency market swings. The X8C token could be viewed as a "safe haven" token during Cryptocurrency market swings. Since X8C is a token, depending on the particular laws of a country where a persons resides, moving for example Bitcoin into X8C would not be seen as a taxable gain, since no recognized fiat currency was purchased. This is much like Tether but with greater security since X8C has audited proof of your fiat currency and gold holdings.

2) The X8X token is a fixed supply utility token that allows the holder thereof to enter into the X8C token. The value of the X8X token would logically be expected to rise most in value during times when the Cryptocurrency market value is falling, when people are looking for a safe haven to park Cryptocurrency market gains. The absolute only way to enter into/get the X8C token is by using the X8X token. There is no fiat portal or otherwise available method to enter the X8C token. Only the X8X token allows entry to the X8C token.

Will both X8C and X8X be listed on Cryptocurrency exchanges or just X8X ?

Thank you

1) You wrote a quite accurate summary of the X8C token. It is a stable token and as such it of course can be viewed as a "safe haven". Regarding the mentioned tax implications of using X8C, it is, as you have also stated, dependent on the particular laws of a country where a persons resides.

2) You are correct regarding the fixed supply of X8X tokens. However, I must correct you that you will be also able to enter X8C through an exchange, as both our tokens (X8X and X8C) will be listed on exchanges.

With the above in mind, I must stress that only when entering/exiting X8C through our fund manager X8 Capital AG (in that case you must possess a sufficient number of X8X tokens) you are guaranteed all the benefits of the X8C token (fair value, no fees, etc.). You can read the following blog to get a better understanding about the difference in the two ways to enter X8C - http://bit.ly/2x6A4w2

x8currency (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 01:30:37 PM

THE FACTORS PUSHING THE X8 PROJECT TO THE FOREGROUND

New blog post:

https://medium.com/x8currency/the-factors-pushing-the-x8-project-to-the-foreground-f02485212f08

Exander

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:48:23 PM

How will you keep the price stable if people pump/dump on other exchanges?
x8currency (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 10:25:13 PM

There are two tokens involved. The one issued in TGE will not be stable but will function as a licence to access the stable one in a zero-fee way. You can read more about it in our blog: https://www.ionectar.com/x8-project-token-model/

themathiasmiller

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:55:18 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 04:15:51 PM by themathiasmiller

You can read the following blog to get a better understanding about the difference in the two ways to enter X8C - http://bit.ly/2x6A4w2

Great article, it opened me up to a lot of things regarding this project, I really like how you expand and explained on this matter, everything is so well put together and it's so understandable, even people who are not quite an expert with trading or with cyptocurrency can really absorb what you're saying in this article, this is a must read to all investors who will participate in the token generation event. Those two points that you highlighted in the article are really important for this project. I like the fact that you talked about the expenses and elaborated on the advantages and disadvantages in buying this token in an exchange compared to buying it directly. I also like the fact that you talked about the liquidity issue in the simplest manner possible, it's nice that you gave examples, this makes it easier for readers especially those who are new to crypto to understand. This also highlights a huge benefit of this project which is the safety and stability feature. Overall I like to give the devs a credit for writing a very informative article, this will really help a lot of investors know more about this project.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
blx18

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:22:14 PM

I got through the KYC today. It took some time. I guess a lot of people want in and probably that's the cause of congestion. Some sort of waiting system could help matters. 
themathiasmiller

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:08:16 AM

I got through the KYC today. It took some time. I guess a lot of people want in and probably that's the cause of congestion. Some sort of waiting system could help matters. 

How long did the process took you mate? Did it took more than a week? Because one of my friends wanted to invest on this project and he's very particular with the KYC process, he wants to know how long the KYC process will take because if it takes longer than a week then he'll rather pass that's his own words lol. I'm not really familiar with the kyc process because people in my country are not required to undergo that certain process but I'm just curious how can a waiting system help regarding this matter?

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
blx18

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:06:26 AM

How long did the process took you mate? Did it took more than a week? Because one of my friends wanted to invest on this project and he's very particular with the KYC process, he wants to know how long the KYC process will take because if it takes longer than a week then he'll rather pass that's his own words lol. I'm not really familiar with the kyc process because people in my country are not required to undergo that certain process but I'm just curious how can a waiting system help regarding this matter?
Hi, the process took a little over 2 hours. A week? No way I would go through anything that long. I gathered from comments even 2 hours is long. It was just my idea that some sort of order would make things smoother. But that was just my 2 cents. I thought we all went for it at once and the congestion came. I hope things are more flowing now.
x8currency (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 02:11:41 PM

FOUNDATIONS FOR THE GLOBAL REACH OF THE X8 PROJECT

It is not without reason that the Swiss canton of Zug stands out in business as a hub of the financial world.
It is most likely due to its keen sense for financial innovation and its decentralized political system that Zug
finds itself again at the spearhead, this time with the adoption of blockchain technologies.

An ecosystem of blockchain innovation has been founded in Zug, connecting other places of innovation in
this field, such as Singapore, Silicon Valley, New York and London. The X8Currency team finds the Cyrpto Valley
an ideal environment for the placement of the X8 project
. Where else can one find institutional support of finance
and industry, supportive local government, progressive associations and various interested market participants
from all over the world in one place?

The increasing frequency of successful Zug-based ICOs has attracted the attention of the Swiss Financial Market
Supervisory Authority (FINMA)
. In September this year FINMA released a statement acknowledging ICOs as vehicles
for fund-gathering. However, they stopped short of prescribing regulation. Another Swiss government-sponsored body,
the Crypto Valley Association, expressed the desire for the clarification of ICO tokens’ status in legal terms. The same
association also came forth with a code of conduct for ICOs that would prevent fraudulent practices. The Crypto Valley
Association is composed of corporate and individual members, proficient in various disciplines such as taxation, cyber
security and legal. The X8 team has no doubt that such mutual encouragement between financial entities allied with a
multidisciplinary approach will result in regulation that will hinder neither progress nor innovation. The KYC procedure
already built into the X8 project’s system and the clear use of utility tokens make sure that X8Currency
finds favourable sentiment in Zug

But there is not only the progressive and benevolent cryptofinancial environment working for the X8 project in Zug.
The traditional financial infrastructure involved in the project includes one of the top-rated banks in the world when it
comes to safety. The funds placed in the bank will be reinsured by the world-renowned SwissRE. The gold coins comprising
a part of X8currency’s basket will be stored in two Swiss facilities where all reserves are insured by default — Malca-Amit S.A.
and GoldSwitzerland. And there is also JP Fund, a financial institution that kindly agreed to provide independent auditing and
monitoring of the funds managed by X8 AG. This will be an additional measure providing transparency besides blockchain-secured auditing.

Just as the applicability and usefulness of the X8 project spills over the boundaries of the crypto world, its attractiveness spills over
 the boundaries of any single state. Which is why we are confident that embedding the X8 project in the well-designed Zug financial
ecosystem is the fastest route to global recognition of X8Currency.

blx18

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:09:11 PM

Here you go. Right from their telegram channel:

Due to the inability of our KYC provider to offer a workable service for our all of Whitelist members we are terminating the contract with immediate effect.

We did not take this step without finding a replacement KYC provider so you will still be able to proceed to the next stage. We will provide more information within the next few hours. The truly good news here is that we are able to embrace many more countries into the X8 TGE procedure.

Guess I will do it again...But understandable with such performance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: