Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:16:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Einsteinium pumping makes us all look stupid IMO.  (Read 175 times)
superlative (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:57:05 PM

So EMC2, most of us KNOW is a shitcoin, and yet it is pumping to the moon.  Their use case is for financing science projects.  Now in the real-world, and in any world for that matter, financing science projects is a fools errand.  Science projects don't make anybody money: products do.  And for every 100 science projects, maybe 1 lands a patent which might have some value: certainly not the amount of money that warrants the price of EMC2 token.

No, the SENSIBLE thing to do is to invest in crypto projects that have real value and make real money in the real world.  The decentralized crypto world is replacing the centralized world, that's why the price of bitcoin will continue to rise to $1M and beyond.  The total market cap of crypto will eventually equal and then surpass the total market cap of fiat currency.  That's why bitcoin is not a bubble - it is a hostile takeover of the centralized world and will continue to grow until it completely absorbs it.

HOWEVER - that doesn't mean that anything crypto is gold.  Money making projects are still money making projects, and money-losing projects that require donations are still money-losing projects that require donations.  Most science projects are funded by universities - not private money because they are money-losing, therefore Einsteinium has no use case for people to make money - it's use case is to donate money because you ain't gonna get anything back.

Which brings me to my subject heading: Einsteinium pumping makes me feel stupid because I am a crypto investor who is making great investing decisions, but I didn't gain the massive pump of Einsteinium because it is a shit coin, but evidently there are plenty of fellow crypto investors who bought it any way.

What can I learn from this?  Just buy some stupid project because a bunch of people are eventually going to pump it for no reason?  EMC2 got pumped because they lied about having an Apple partnership, but even after they admitted it it was a lie, it still pumped which emphasizes more the "stupid" part.

The reason this bugs me, is because I'd like to think most of us who bought into bitcoin are highly intelligent.  We don't think inside the box - the current centralized world that we live in - we recognize that we are changing to the decentralized world.  We are in the top 1%.  But shitcoins pumping flies in the face of my belief.  That bugs me.

Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: