Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:50:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core 0.15.1 for mainnet  (Read 213 times)
simplynabh (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:45:07 PM

Hello Everyone,
I've downloaded & installed BitCoinCore 0.15.1 at my end. I want to make it work for mainnet. As soon as I run the application it shows "testnet" on the application. I've no option other than to stop it. I'm newbie to this. Please suggest how to proceed. Uninstalling testnet db data & installing data for mainnet only. (Didn't get much documentation on this.) 

Thanks in Advance!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:58:54 PM

Hello Everyone,
I've downloaded & installed BitCoinCore 0.15.1 at my end. I want to make it work for mainnet. As soon as I run the application it shows "testnet" on the application. I've no option other than to stop it. I'm newbie to this. Please suggest how to proceed. Uninstalling testnet db data & installing data for mainnet only. (Didn't get much documentation on this.)  

Thanks in Advance!!!

It's weird... are you using windows?

In windows you get 2 shortcuts, one says "Bitcoin Core (64-bit) and has an orange icon, this is the one for mainnet.
And you get another additional shortcut of green color (which just adds -tesnet on bitcoin-qt.exe) and this open testnet. It is weird that it would be opening testnet by default. Be sure that you are opening bitcoin-qt without -tesnet on it.
simplynabh (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:35:58 PM

Thank you cellard for your prompt response.

Yes its windows server 2012 R2. I actually clicked on orange icon. Still its launching Green icon for bitcoin core. How can i make one with orange icon run?

simplynabh (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:45:59 PM

Ah..well, this is what i Did...I moved to run. typed in "%APPDATA%\Bitcoin\". I saw testnet3 & bitcoin.conf folder. Inside .conf i commented out testnet=1 through #. On running the orange Bitcoin app icon - its now running one with orange one. Not stating - Testnet anymore.

I guess its going in right direction!!!  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: