Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:41:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NICEHASH confirmed - hacked - Any legit alternatives?  (Read 5271 times)
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:03:54 AM

Will be looking to nemosminer as well, thanks for the suggestion.
In the meantime, the plot (bad news?) thickens according to the post from earlier https://www.justcryptonews.com/291/breaking-nicehash-has-been-hacked-50mln-missing and Reddit :

According to a reddit user the owner of Nicehash company with a share capital of half a million euros is Bitorious (45%) based in Dornberk, its director is Marko Kobal, and 55% of the company is owned by H-Bit. The owner of H-Bit is Martin Škorjanc. An interesting fact is that Martin Škorjanc is the father of Matjaž Škorjanc, who was arrested by Slovenian police for an online cyber crime with the help of the US FBI in Maribor. According to BBC Matjaz Skorjanc was arrested in 2010 after a two-year investigation into malware that had hijacked about 12.7 million computers around the world.

Are things getting wild? Shocked Shocked

holy crap, where do people even start to find stuff out like this so fast.  Things may be getting wild.  I'd say a lot of "hack" are simply inside jobs.  Sometimes the amounts are just too big to resist....
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:18:28 AM

Soooo, nicehash succesfully hacked itself...
Spiffy_1

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:24:28 AM

cryptsy 2.0 and Big vern all over again.  glad I only lost 20 bucks from nicehash from whatever my latop could mine when I was on the road.

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
chiggx

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:00:04 AM

So I am guessing we are not going to recover the money that was in our nicehash wallets?  Cry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sledge0001

Activity: 600
Merit: 152

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 05:04:42 AM

I think we all need to hold off on the assumptions and wait to see how this plays out. With a crime that has numbers this large all eyes are going to be on them. I'm optimistic they will sort this all out.
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:41:19 AM

In the meantime, the plot (bad news?) thickens according to the post from earlier https://www.justcryptonews.com/291/breaking-nicehash-has-been-hacked-50mln-missing and Reddit :

According to a reddit user the owner of Nicehash company with a share capital of half a million euros is Bitorious (45%) based in Dornberk, its director is Marko Kobal, and 55% of the company is owned by H-Bit. The owner of H-Bit is Martin Škorjanc. An interesting fact is that Martin Škorjanc is the father of Matjaž Škorjanc, who was arrested by Slovenian police for an online cyber crime with the help of the US FBI in Maribor. According to BBC Matjaz Skorjanc was arrested in 2010 after a two-year investigation into malware that had hijacked about 12.7 million computers around the world.

I think we can summon famous detective @Gleb Gamow if he wants to do something in his spare time.
changesl

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:48:56 AM

bad things always happen in Crypto world  Embarrassed

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GunsN

Activity: 262

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:01:57 AM

Its sad, how people never learn. So many sites and exchanges have been hacked, millions gone, and people still use online wallets.

Why would you do that? Its just common sense not to do it.

There are really only two things infinite - peoples stupidity and the universe - and we're not sure about the universe.

what do you offer?
hardware wallet?
which one?
thanks

♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♩
Trust Us
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:06:21 AM

Its sad, how people never learn. So many sites and exchanges have been hacked, millions gone, and people still use online wallets.

There are really only two things infinite - peoples stupidity and the universe - and we're not sure about the universe.

This is not exchange, this is not pool. This is the place where people sell their hash power to buyers, and you mine altcoins for them. A lot of people didn't meat THRESHOLD because of limits on site that where put aka if you have 0.1 on your wallet(external) or 0.001 on Nicehash's wallet then you can withdraw money and fees were awful(i wouldn't call them fees but more extra charge). So evne if you had 20-30$ you can't withdraw them because the system was made like that... But hey... its to late to cry over spilled milk.
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:07:07 AM

The most ugly joke that now many have fallen profit on other pools.
News is bad, and it is unclear how everything will end.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:08:39 AM

Beware iPhone is used to find your password.Prohashing is alternate.
ikicha

Activity: 788

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:13:29 AM

Sad today when nicehash announce Hacked
Security is everything but so sorry to all miners and buyers for lost
for me this is a great because Hash rate is significant decresed
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:25:00 AM

I think we can summon famous detective @Gleb Gamow if he wants to do something in his spare time.

"Feels like an inside job, smells like an inside job, and looks like an inside job, ergo it's a duck. Who do I see to pick up my reward for solving the crime?"
dukemc

Activity: 431
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:49:59 AM

Thats not nice that funds have been stolen - but it´s nice for smaller miners cause on several coins the Hashrate and difficulty went down.
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 08:28:27 AM

True, though multi-day minimum payment thresholds are also to blame here, (NH paid weekly at best) and that's a common problem across many pools. (Nanopool, Ethermine, slushpool, etc, etc).

Obviously, transaction fees start to be an issue if you go the other way to be fair...

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
X299

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:03:40 AM

Yeah, everything that's possible.
percy_tc

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:06:22 AM

Yeah, everything that's possible.

Indeed it a nice "idea". How do we know that actual hack is happened and not just another self-bankruptcy?
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 10:24:38 AM

IMHO no sense to kill working profitable business. They could get more profit just working or sell it.

Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:46:53 AM

NICE have been hacked bad news i have there 0.0013btc and cant withdraw due to limitations. now i cant withdraw because nothing for withdrawing lol
I can recomend many legit alternatives but they all will be hacked in the future how nicehash, maby hacked even themself

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
silios (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:37:56 AM

Please do that Smiley Personaly i would like to take my earnings from nicehash sometime beofre BTC goes $20,000  Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: