Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:53:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the high demand in BTC cause more supply of BTC someday?  (Read 421 times)
leisha

Activity: 105
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:59:37 AM

I think the amount of bitcoin will not increase just because of high demand. It said that the number of bitcoin is fixed at 21 million. You don't need to increase the supply just for high demand. As for economy when the demand is high the higher the price of the product. Aside of it there are 8 decimals before having 1 bitcoin which means it can supply all bitcoin users. And besides bitcoin flows in the market, here comes the trading process. One can have bitcoin but they exchange it for another currency, so now they no longer hold the same exact amount of bitcoin they have before.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Grayy (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:13:20 AM

Will the amount of bitcoins available forever remain 21 million BTCs?   Many people are joining the Bitcoin bandwagon as days go by.  Will there be a time when the 21 million BTCs won't be enough ? Any suggestions ?

I think even if we have a high demand for bitcoin it wouldn't cause more supply of bitcoin,
It would only rise the price up after all 1 bitcoin could be divided into Sat's or satoshi.
That means when the demand is so high with a concomitant  increase in BTC price people would have to aquire Satoshi instead of the 'higher denomination ' BTC ?
roddy5

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:31:01 AM

Will the amount of bitcoins available forever remain 21 million BTCs?   Many people are joining the Bitcoin bandwagon as days go by.  Will there be a time when the 21 million BTCs won't be enough ? Any suggestions ?

Impossible to add more bitcoin aside from the pre determined number of 21 million (once everything is mined). By the time that Bitcoin is widely used then we are going to transact using the satoshi. This is the reason why the price of bitcoin is increasing because it doesn't have an inflation and it is always experiencing a high price once the demand goes high.
JimmieA

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:41:29 AM

There will probably be no more btc than the 21 million btc available as you think. Since the beginning of the 21 million figure has been fixed, if the demand increases, the btc supply will increase, perhaps the btc price has stopped at several thousand dollars or even a few hundred dollars. You should understand why btc prices are going up as high as now.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

White32

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:54:24 AM

I've read about this, the numbers of btc is 21 million, and its only have available btc 6 million to mined. So i dont think so if its becoming more btc someday.

███ P2P CASH ▬ ███ ▍ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORMis the platform fully dedicated to ██████████ JOIN ██████████ ◥ international money transactions ▐ ◼ discordtwittertelegram
Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:37:21 AM

No,there is only a fixed amount of bitcoin. Thats why because of limited supply of bitcoin and higher demand of it the price continue to increase.

faycel96

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:44:36 AM

no the supply of BTC will not increase by the high demand in bitcoin because the total supply of bitcoin fixed 21M , the high demand in bitcoin cause increase in btc price .

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: