Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:03:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-07-10 - 300 Year Old Russian Watch Factory Raketa Accepts Bitcoins  (Read 1895 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 10:21:27 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:20:23 AM by Maged

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/300-year-old-russian-watch-factory-raketa-accepts-bitcoins/

The Bitcoin community and user base continues to expand and businesses old and new are embracing this new digital, decentralized cryptocurrency to simplify the payment process and meet consumer needs.  The quantity and variety of businesses accepting payment in Bitcoin continues to expand.  From real estate sites to now watch factories, Bitcoin has been embraced to simplify payment and incentivize merchants to sell products and in turn deal with fewer transaction fees.

Just this week, Russia’s historical watch factory Raketa, began accepting Bitcoins.  Raketa was founded in 1721 by Peter the Great and is the oldest factory in Russia.  For almost 300 years, Raketa, formerly known as Petrodvorets Watch Factory, has produced and sold wristwatches to individuals in Russian and those around the world.  Petrodvorets Watch Factory was renamed Raketa in 1961 to honor the World’s first cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin.  Yuri was the first human to travel to outer space.

This is a significant step in the right direction for the Bitcoin community.  Over the years Raketa’s watches have been produced for the members of the Red Army, Soviet Navy, North Pole expeditions and civilians.  Not only is Raketa respected by Russian leadership, but also popular with the public having an array of watch designs from practical to fashionable.  Raketa even has the last remaining watchmaking school and operates this training program in conjunction with the Saint Petersberg Technical Institute.  Raketa is just not another watch brand or shop, but has deep roots within Russia and a global reach.  We can expect Raketa’s step to embrace the Bitcoin currency as a catalyst for other businesses in Russian and around the world to transact in Bitcoin.

Raketa produces all mechanical movements in-house, setting this watch factory apart.  Raketa is now unique in an even more significant way in that it currently stands as the only watch factory to date accepting Bitcoins for payment.  Factory Director, Jacques von Polier stated, “It is very easy to accept Bitcoins…you just put a logo on your site saying- we accept bitcoins- and that’s it.  It is as simple as saying we accept cash!”  Manufacturers and merchants can heed Von Polier’s example of taking an easy step and in the long run a very beneficial step of accepting Bitcoins.
Bitcoin Magazine encourages businesses to follow suite and accept this alternative payment method which not only alleviates merchant woes, but also makes payment much more convenient for customers.  Check out Raketa’s watch selection and feel free to look into making a purchase in Bitcoin today.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 10:29:05 PM

thanks for posting, this is just one more excellent step ahead for bitcoin!

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 10:33:43 PM

thanks for posting, this is just one more excellent step ahead for bitcoin!

+1 interesting  Cheesy  maybe is time I wear a wristwatch

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:19:27 PM

DATE Format should be 2013-07-10.

Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 08:49:06 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2013, 09:11:56 PM by Lethn

Fucking Americans! Tongue I tried adjusting it for your system but I don't know it very well, now I'm just going to make it for the UK system just to piss you off.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 10:38:02 PM

Who puts the years before days ?? Lol

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:21:28 PM

Fucking Americans! Tongue I tried adjusting it for your system but I don't know it very well, now I'm just going to make it for the UK system just to piss you off.

Please conform to the rule of this board or prepared to be corrected for your irregularity.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 11:28:54 PM

Please conform to the rule of this board or prepared to be corrected for your irregularity.

Get a "chill-pill" kiba

Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 11:41:42 PM

__,,,,、 .,、
            /'゙´,_/'″  . `\
          : ./   i./ ,,..、    ヽ
         . /    /. l, ,!     `,
           .|  .,..‐.、│          .|
           (´゛ ,/ llヽ            |
            ヽ -./ ., lliヽ       .|
             /'",i" ゙;、 l'ii,''く     .ヽ
         / ...│  ゙l,  l゙゙t, ''ii_    :.!
        : /.._ /    ヽ \\.`゙~''''''"./
        .|-゙ノ/   : ゝ .、 ` .`''←┬゛
          l゙ /.r   ゛ .゙ヒ, .ヽ,   ゙̄|
       . | ./ l      ”'、 .゙ゝ........ん
       l  /     ヽ .`' `、、  .,i゛
       .l|  !    ''''v,    ゙''ー .l、
       |l゙ .il、  .l  .ヽ  .¬---イ
      .ll゙, ./    !            ,!
      .!!...!!   ,,゙''''ー       .|
      l.",!    .リ         |
      l":|    .〜'''      ,. │
      l; :!    .|'"    ...ノ,゙./ │
      l: l「    !    . ゙゙̄ /  !
      .| .|    !     ,i│  |
      :! .l.    }    ,i'./    |
      :! .|    :|    . /     .|
      :! |    ;!   "      .|
      :! !    │        │
      :!:|               ,! i ,!
      :! ,    .l,      / .l゙ !
      :! |    , l.     | .|  :,
    : v'" .!    |'i .ヽ,    ./ :!  .ヽ
 _, _/  /     .l  ゛ ._/ :l゙    .`゙"

Suck it Kiba Tongue
CoinEntropy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Metacoin Enthusiast

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:46:42 PM

These are really cool watches. Wish they had online shops.

Edit: Found it, thanks!

Hey.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 01:37:44 AM

Who puts the years before days ?? Lol
People who want the lexicographical order to correspond to chronological order, that's who. That's literally the only reason Press topics are supposed to start with the date at all. Putting the date in any other format is no better than omitting the date completely. It's all explained in this sticky thread, which people are expected to actually read before posting here. But that's probably expecting too much. Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:35:00 AM

Reported to the mod for regulation violation.

CoinEntropy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Metacoin Enthusiast

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:46:16 AM

What here is a regulation violation? Or is this sarcasm?

Hey.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:51:45 AM

What here is a regulation violation? Or is this sarcasm?

Just write the damn dates in the correct format and stop talking bullshit.

If the dates are not in the correct format, this subforum quickly becomes totally unreadable. We want clarity so that in the future it is easier to see the succession of events.

dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 08:07:12 AM

It's not "American" format (which would be mm/dd/yy)

It's a standard international programming format for a DATE value: yyyy-mm-dd (hours:minutes:seconds)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 08:33:39 AM

Wasn't most programming stuff invented by Americans anyway? This is why we have color in a lot of languages instead of colour as far as I know and stuff like that, anyway, it's corrected to UK format now so Tongue
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:18:04 PM

Take it easy on Kiba - I don't mind him reminding people how to actually pay attention and format their post headings. I haven't submitted here much, but the first thing I did was read the guidelines -- why does everyone else skip that? Too self-important? Too lazy?

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:46:41 PM

Take it easy on Kiba - I don't mind him reminding people how to actually pay attention and format their post headings. I haven't submitted here much, but the first thing I did was read the guidelines -- why does everyone else skip that? Too self-important? Too lazy?

And furthermore, I don't understand how you can come into this part of the forums, see all of the topics formated in a specific way, and just decide to do whatever. I don't even need to read the guidelines to know that if I'm not breaking one of them by doing this, I'm at the very least shitting on the forum etiquette. It happens so frequently that I start doubting myself. Am I the asshole here?

Who wants their topics to start with the year? How about people that want to read news from the current year? I don't feel like that was a huge logical leap, so it's surprising to me that so many people don't grasp the concept.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: