Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:51:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nanopool now has an Electroneum pool!  (Read 5833 times)
FloppyPurpleGherkin

Activity: 306
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:30:05 PM

I'm getting better results on this pool for ETN http://ocukminingpool.com/# 0.2% fee too!
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:07:31 PM

I'm getting better results on this pool for ETN http://ocukminingpool.com/# 0.2% fee too!

Better results? only 3 blocks found and last one was 8hrs ago... ok
mxrz

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:15:31 PM

It works fine, (at least for now) and the payments turn up quite fast on cryptopia.
Make sure you have, the wallet_adress.id_string (provided by cryptopia) in the miner configuration.

On a side note, watch out for those pesky network fees of BTC which are on the rise again and cryptopia wants 0.002btc for each TX.....

It worked fine for me as well on Saturday. Payment showed up on Cryptopia within 5 minutes. But this morning, payment confirmed on Nanopool, but 1 hour and 30 minutes counting, nothing on Cryptopia Sad I'm afraid if I submit a ticket, they'll just tell me I shouldn't be mining to my Cryptopia account, but clearly it should work... 12 of the top 15 miners on the ETN Nanopool are mining to Cryptopia.
Tao1123

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:26:27 PM

Hello all,

Just a quick question.  According to calculators I should be getting 23 ETN per hour.  However, I have been mining on Nanopool for 12 hours now and am only averaging 14 per hour.  Any idea why I am missing 9 ETN an hour?  I have 10.4 KH/s.  I averaged 1100 shares per hour over that 12 hour timeframe.  I feel like I am losing coins somehow and wasn't sure if anyone else is noticing a significant difference between what you should be getting vs what you are actually getting.
EMWEE

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:01:51 PM

I think its cryptopia. I had the same problem last week and today i send to deposits and still nothing. Just wait u will get your ETN's on your account. Im wondering if i will switch to nanopool. I have used nanopool for coins like ETH and XMR but im now mining ETN on electroneum.space. Its very unstable but i guess i will not be mining ETN anymore after the ICO wallets get unlocked.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:07:28 PM

Better results? only 3 blocks found and last one was 8hrs ago... ok

ahhahaahahaahah maybe he manage that pool  Grin
smoolae (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:14:16 PM

Hmmm... network difficulty has declined a bit

mxrz

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:29:28 PM

I think its cryptopia. I had the same problem last week and today i send to deposits and still nothing. Just wait u will get your ETN's on your account. Im wondering if i will switch to nanopool. I have used nanopool for coins like ETH and XMR but im now mining ETN on electroneum.space. Its very unstable but i guess i will not be mining ETN anymore after the ICO wallets get unlocked.

I'm really happy with the ETN nanopool, I'm getting exactly what the calculator says I should be with my 12.5K H/sec. rig, and it's been perfectly stable for me for the past week. But as you mentioned, it may become much less profitable than XMR in a couple of days, when they relaunch the wallets and people dump their coins. This is why I'm worried about my delayed deposit on Cryptopia, as I would like to trade for LTC or even DOGE, before the relaunch.
john.eck

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 04:29:52 PM

I am mining it and I can tell you that it has a good profit!
What can you tell about its potential growth in the future?
smoolae (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:41:25 PM

Hope to reach my 500 ETN payout limit before the wallets go online Grin.
Also, will probably buy back in when the price of ETN is flooring

Rampage89

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:55:00 PM

Can anyone explain the difference?

Nanopool 24h reward: 4180 etn/day
Whattomine calculated reward: 5586 etn/day
dukemc

Activity: 431
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:14:05 PM

Oh thank you for this information i like nanopool for eth mining. Now they have ETN too.
mxrz

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:31:24 PM

Can anyone explain the difference?

Nanopool 24h reward: 4180 etn/day
Whattomine calculated reward: 5586 etn/day

For me it's the opposite:

12247 H/sec. (six Vega 64)

Whattomine: 494.77 ETN per 24hr
Nanopool: 525.27 ETN per 24hr

I think it depends on how long you've been mining. My nanopool readings were off for the first day or so... now I'm at 120+ hours continuous mining, and constantly beating whattomine calculations.
john.eck

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 10:19:45 PM

it is nor working for me. When i start the miner it sees only 2 gpus from 6 and stops. for eth it works fine.
kansloze

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:19:10 PM

Just to follow up on my post. It seems it was some cryptopia hiccup. Funds cleared and are on my cryptopia account balance.  

I am mining it and I can tell you that it has a good profit!
What can you tell about its potential growth in the future?

I am selling as much as I can mine right now as price will likely drop when more funds released. I will buy back or mine and hodl couple thousands just in case it make it high. There is clearly some growth potential in this coin in my opinion.

How much time did past from payment Nanopool to Cryptopia? I'm waiting for over a hour and got enough confirmations but not showing in deposit history.
tadeus1

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:24:01 PM

The main problem seems Nanopool scheme is good for the Bigger miners.
That is why I think smaller miners get smaller profits vs what they estimated or what they used to get on the other smaller pools.
Mainly because of static high difficulty and share ratio and the fact some very big miners are on Nanopool.

Imagine one having 12-13000 hashes (there are miners in nanopool with even 1,000,000 hashrate) vs one having 2000 hashes.

That has always been the thing with mining.
Go mine on a pool where most of the miners have similar rate to yours or at least there are not that many miners who have much higher rate than yours. And of course you have to take into account the time to find blocks on smaller pools. 
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:11:46 AM

I have never seen so many newbies try to mine this coin in my life.  Its insane.  There is nothing wrong with being new, but this coin just oddly seems like its all new people mining it.  Anyway, the first issue is mining to Cryptopia.  Get the ETN wallet.  That way you won't be wondering if its the exchange or the pool.  I can tell you right now though, (as tadeus1 said right before me) the issue is with the static difficulty.  120k is massive.  So unless your hashrate is over 5000 h/s, don't bother.  I've always read that difficulty doesn't really matter and that it all evens out in the end, so you should still be getting the same returns but you are going to have to look at a much higher time frame.  Instead of comparing your 24 hour returns, you are going to have to compare your 1 week+ returns.
whitrzac

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

90*c is good, right?

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:20:31 AM

Cryptopia was having issues this morning. It took 3+hrs for my transfer to clear.

ben1113

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:00:58 AM

Cryptopia was having issues this morning. It took 3+hrs for my transfer to clear.

Could you clarify if the transaction took 3 hours to confirm on nano as well or did nano say confirmed...  hours for cryptopia? I've had a handful of payouts since I started mining ETN and so far everything has been really quick, today though I have a confirmed trans on nano and still not even a pending on cryptopia. I am a bit worried about the fact that cryptopia does say do not mine to it (will they see 500 ETN getting sent very periodically and start questioning it? or is that just a liability thing that they can say... well we told you not to do that if something goes wrong).

As far as other posts with hashrates etc, I am slightly above whattomine estimates, my hashrate doesn't close to match (from miner to site) but I understand that the hashrate as viewed from the site is based on shares and shares are a function of variance based on the pool hashrate and overall hashrate of the coin... even a fairly big miner will see big variance here.

If one wanted to, they could come up with confidence intervals for periods of time. It makes absolutely no sense that one pool rewards more than another if they are all playing fair and using the same script (and not a horrible service that misses shares, stale shares, goes down etc). A small pool WILL take longer to find a block, but come on guys, let's think about this... if 20 people share a block every hour or if 200 people share a block every 6 mins  Wink    Absolutey do pay attention to down time or missed/stale shares, I have seen this change pool to pool, I would be lying if I said I fully understand the stale share thing, but I have seen less on nano than some others, haven't explored all that many though to be honest, I really like the nano interface.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:49:57 AM

Could you clarify if the transaction took 3 hours to confirm on nano as well or did nano say confirmed...  hours for cryptopia? I've had a handful of payouts since I started mining ETN and so far everything has been really quick, today though I have a confirmed trans on nano and still not even a pending on cryptopia. I am a bit worried about the fact that cryptopia does say do not mine to it (will they see 500 ETN getting sent very periodically and start questioning it? or is that just a liability thing that they can say... well we told you not to do that if something goes wrong).

As far as other posts with hashrates etc, I am slightly above whattomine estimates, my hashrate doesn't close to match (from miner to site) but I understand that the hashrate as viewed from the site is based on shares and shares are a function of variance based on the pool hashrate and overall hashrate of the coin... even a fairly big miner will see big variance here.

If one wanted to, they could come up with confidence intervals for periods of time. It makes absolutely no sense that one pool rewards more than another if they are all playing fair and using the same script (and not a horrible service that misses shares, stale shares, goes down etc). A small pool WILL take longer to find a block, but come on guys, let's think about this... if 20 people share a block every hour or if 200 people share a block every 6 mins  Wink    Absolutey do pay attention to down time or missed/stale shares, I have seen this change pool to pool, I would be lying if I said I fully understand the stale share thing, but I have seen less on nano than some others, haven't explored all that many though to be honest, I really like the nano interface.

Electroneum in Cryptopia is under maintenance, due to Withdrawal issue, seems they are making changes on their wallet server.

We just have to wait, for the meantime I guess avoid withdrawing and depositing ETN in cryptopia.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=ETN

Just filter ETN

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: