Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:27:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which processor ismuch better amd or Intel ?  (Read 338 times)
white WitCheR

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 02:37:56 PM

For me there is not much difference.
As AMD and Intel has both advantages and disadvantages. For example, AMD has a lower price with the same performance, but the “tops” of AMD in each segment is at least 2-10%, but slower than similar CPU from Intel.
buleidada

Activity: 520
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 02:52:26 PM

share your thoughts Smiley
if you have a lot of money you should use INTEL but if you only have money that fits better AMD because it's not too much different the advantages and disadvantages of both of them
joganuts

Activity: 355
Merit: 100

Gric Coin - Redefining Agriculture and Increasing

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 12:53:50 AM

share your thoughts Smiley
I believe it's intel. Why? It's because whenever I gamble, my computer doesn't get overheat when I'm using that. Unlike AMD, it's getting hotter as I use it.

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 01:36:25 AM

I used to run AMD for my mining rigs. I ran into too many problems with AMD slowing down cores and things like that. Intel with the i5 or i7 with boost technology for the cores is what I run now. Much smoother overall.
Accounting87

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:17:51 AM

I have Intel for I don't even remember how long. Back then it was the only thing available out there. But maybe the time has changed and AMD has something better to offer
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 12:22:10 AM

The arm architecture. Things are changing, and you will start seeing those more in servers and even desktops, not just smartphones or raspis...

A signal? Microsoft ported Windows 10 for it. Not that you should use it, Linux is better.

Huawei Rolls 7-nm Arm Server CPU | EE Times

The arm architecture has the advantage of being more power efficient, so called "risc" and no need to support decades old "cisc" instructions, or what modern processors do which is "decomplex" those cisc instructions to make them risc like then "recomplex" them again to satisfy software expecting it. All that baggage is removed with better non legacy architectures.

Intel actually tried to do the right thing in the past, with Itanium, but the market did not understood it and Microsoft didn't support it thus ruining sales.

There were others in the past but mostly didn't survive. I could mention IBM's power that fared a bit while with Apple... Which reminds me: Apple (macs) is going arm as well, so there.

Who would have thought that the British would conquer the world again? And from the 8 bit golden era of computing, no less!

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:27:18 AM

Something interesting to point out, Intel is now coming with AMD inside!

"Yet, as we mentioned before, Intel has officially started shipping its high-end H-series mobile CPU chips with AMD graphics on board. In turn, this means that hardier laptops powered by Intel can now be thinner and their accompanying silicon footprints will be over 50% smaller, according to Intel client computing group vice president Christopher Walker."

https://www.techradar.com/news/computing-components/processors/intel-vs-amd-which-processor-is-best-936589
David H

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 10:44:02 AM

its now a trends that Intel are most using processor in this days, most to person trust on Intel processor
i prefer Intel. Wink 
Princesophia

Activity: 5
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 12:09:34 PM

I think AMD is much better! even a lot of people uses Intel processor.
Noelbetty12

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:28:52 PM

I have been a computer technician for quite sometime, and for most of the time people have chosen to buy motherboards that supports AMD processors. On benchmarks for CPUs you will see that intel achieves the highest status or is leading always and AMD is always behind in terms of performance. There competition was so close for both manufacturer. Neither was a bad one. But why would people choose AMD?  They would answer me often that intel was more expensive for the same performance as a comparison. So while intel tops the cpu performance AMD is cheaper but works good as well. Check CPU benchmarks for more detail! I would often go there for comparison especially if customers wanted a bit less.

It's here hope this helps!
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: