Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:58:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [XDB] Doubloon - Privacy Evolved  (Read 34336 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Khinchin

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:11:21 AM

Dev, any updates? Just wanted to see what the progress is so far. Last update was 24th December.

Is it really a dead project?Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

Activity: 234
Merit: 1

https://twitter.com/bazookajeff

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 02:04:13 AM

I don't think this is a dead project but I do think the dev is stretched with two big projects and this is making everyone a little cynical.

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
cryptodunno

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:50:53 PM

I don't think this is a dead project but I do think the dev is stretched with two big projects and this is making everyone a little cynical.
thats frustrating.
a very perspective project left behind Sad

runner-yc-0621

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:20:00 AM

"Gotta say it looks interesting but there has been no action for a long time now, dev is busy with another project."

So this project can be launched this year?
DonYo

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:17:04 PM

"Gotta say it looks interesting but there has been no action for a long time now, dev is busy with another project."

Would be great a little update on the status of the project

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 07:00:30 PM

The dev is a frequent on the BBR thread so I doubt he isn't looking at this one too.

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
solarsun

Activity: 99

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:11:24 AM

It's disappointing that the Dev team isn't keeping both threads current.  I'd love to know about any updates to this project that may have recently been made.  I truly hope this isn't a dead project!
1fleeschris

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:36:42 AM

Is there going to be an update from the dev soon? Many miners are really interested in this project but with lack of communication, I fear that interest will wane and many miners will choose another project which will ultimately harm XDB and its chances for mass adoption.
b4h4mu7 (OP)

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:29:13 PM
Merited by canonical (4), DonYo (2), proride (1)

Hi there. Apologies all for the lack of communication here. I had a prior obligation to the Boolberry community to ensure a smooth transition for the original developer and his team to return to the project. We also have a 25+ page research paper we've been peer reviewing before publication that covers the new ring signature scheme that will be implemented in Boolberry (very exciting stuff something that will position it as a leader for ring based privacy). On top of that we've been writing the final code related to that paper to get it turn key for use in Boolberry. In addition, I've been traveling which has made things even more difficult to manage meanwhile trying to manage exchange listings for that community.. As anyone can imagine its hard to do all that and focus on two projects.

All that said, starting this week my focus will be 100% on Doubloon. While I've been preoccupied with Boolberry our team here has been working on the project. We've made improvements to the mining algorithm and pour transactions. Our next steps will be to integrate all moving parts i.e. minting, ledger and trustless key generation etc. As soon as I'm settled and our new website is up we'll release a roadmap to give everyone a clear overview.

Thank you everyone for your interest in Doubloon!
ninjacoins

Activity: 170

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:55:36 PM

Hi there. Apologies all for the lack of communication here. I had a prior obligation to the Boolberry community to ensure a smooth transition for the original developer and his team to return to the project. We also have a 25+ page research paper we've been peer reviewing before publication that covers the new ring signature scheme that will be implemented in Boolberry (very exciting stuff something that will position it as a leader for ring based privacy). On top of that we've been writing the final code related to that paper to get it turn key for use in Boolberry. In addition, I've been traveling which has made things even more difficult to manage meanwhile trying to manage exchange listings for that community.. As anyone can imagine its hard to do all that and focus on two projects.

All that said, starting this week my focus will be 100% on Doubloon. While I've been preoccupied with Boolberry our team here has been working on the project. We've made improvements to the mining algorithm and pour transactions. Our next steps will be to integrate all moving parts i.e. minting, ledger and trustless key generation etc. As soon as I'm settled and our new website is up we'll release a roadmap to give everyone a clear overview.

That's great news. Looking forward to get some Doubloons soon.
b4h4mu7 (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:17:00 PM

That's great news. Looking forward to get some Doubloons soon.

Thanks ninja! Good to see you around!
seahawks949

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:04:15 PM

When will Doubloon be purchased on an exchange? Is there going to be any pre-mining?
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 06:30:46 PM

When will Doubloon be purchased on an exchange? Is there going to be any pre-mining?

Mine it.

davey76

Activity: 508
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:59:47 PM

Sounds like a nice project!!
b4h4mu7 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:10:30 AM

Sounds like a nice project!!

Welcome. Thanks for the kind words. We're still in the very early stages of this project's life cycle. In December we made a decision to pivot to a new protocol so bear with us while we pioneer the future of private digital transactions. Please sub to the thread and join us on any of the chat platform to stay in the loop.

All of our chat mediums are bridged i.e. if you send a message on Discord it will be sent to Telegram, Riot, IRC etc.

Discord:
https://discord.gg/txBBGyV

Riot:
https://riot.im/app/#/room/#doubloon:matrix.org

Telegram:
http://t.me/doubloon

IRC:
http://chat.freenode.net/?channels=doubloon
proride

Activity: 367
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:55:03 PM

Make ico, or youll have no money for listing.
Do you want to ask money from community for exchange, like in your bbr?

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊ THE SAFEST WAY TO BE ONLINE: BLOCKCHAIN VPN┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊
█ █ █ █ █ █  Medium Twitter Discord Reddit TelegramFacebook Whitepaper  █ █ █ █ █  
cryptodunno

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:36:43 PM

sounds like a death row

b4h4mu7 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:45:57 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 12:19:31 PM by b4h4mu7
Merited by proride (1)

Hi proride,

Boolberry is not "my" project. I'm a proactive holder there and our R&D group, Chainmasons, is contributing to that project in form of advanced ring and multi-signature research as well as a comparative performance analysis vs Monero. As mentioned in an earlier post, that technology was original planned for Doubloon but since we pivoted this project towards a fully zero knowledge system we won't be using it anymore.

As far as exchanges go there, I covered all listings so far with my own coin and our team made necessary API improvements required for listing on certain exchange who've yet to follow through with their side of the arrangement. I asked the community there to chip in for the Kucoin listing since they will also benefit from Boolberry being back on relatively high volume exchange.

I'm personally not a fan of ICOs. Maybe I'm just "old school" but I believe that the market should decide the price of an asset not a developer or group of founders. This is why we're choosing to launch this project traditionally with small pre-mine/mining tax that will cover any future costs i.e. new hires, listing fees, bounties etc.. Then once the coin hits the exchanges the markets can decide its worth. This is the free market principal vs the principal of price fixing an asset before the market has chance to decide its value. In most cases of ICOs the asset only sustains above ICO value for a short period until the market decides that an asset without working product is effectively worth less than the ask. Here we are working on real research with a new mining algorithm, new zero knowledge privacy protocol with trustless key generation, not some photoshop design asking for millions.

That said, if the community really wants a portion of the pre-mine to be an ICO we would need to lay out the entire system here and let general consensus along with market research decide what the value would be rather than just myself or our team.
cryptodunno

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:07:59 PM

Hi proride,

Boolberry is not "my" project. I'm a proactive holder there and our R&D group, Chainmasons, is contributing to that project in form of advanced ring and multi-signature research as well as a comparative performance analysis vs Monero. As mentioned in an earlier post, that technology was original planned for Doubloon but since we pivoted this project towards a fully zero knowledge system we won't be using it anymore.

As far as exchanges go there, I covered all listings so far with my own coin and our team made necessary API improvements required for listing on certain exchange who've yet to follow through with their side of the arrangement. I asked community there to chip in for the Kucoin listing since they will also benefit from Boolberry being back on relatively high volume exchange.

I'm personally not a fan of ICOs. Maybe I'm just "old school" but I believe that the market should decide the price of an asset not a developer or group of founders. This is why we're choosing to launch this project traditionally with small pre-mine/mining tax that will cover any future costs i.e. new hires, listing fees, bounties etc.. Then once the coin hits the exchanges the markets can decide its worth. This is the free market principal vs the principal of price fixing an asset before the market has chance to decide its value. In most cases of ICOs the asset only sustains above ICO value for a short period until the market decides that an asset without working product is effectively worth less than the ask. Here we are working on real research with a new mining algorithm, new zero knowledge privacy protocol with trustless key generation, not some photoshop design asking for millions.

That said, if the community really wants a portion of the pre-mine to be an ICO we would need to lay out the entire system here and let general consensus along with market research decide what the value would be rather than just myself or our team.
your words make a lot of sence, but IMO nowadays the market is not free, crypto space was free a year ago or probably even earlien. Nowadays it`s driving by capitals, so if you want to make a good project, you should have been backed-up by  some capital OR really breakthought idea with a strong marketing, but not only new mining algo with zero knowledge privacy.
Just an opinion...

runner-yc-0621

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:08:34 AM

Chinese translation reserved
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: