Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:10:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CANCELED  (Read 2875 times)
jemura (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:30:17 PM

The idea of decentralized anti crypto scam website is perfect, however it must be a good website with reputable moderators. Are you planing to built that website by yourself, or by hiring a developer? 
After ICO will be closed, we will hire a developer via announcement on bitcointalk. We will present his offer and all his previous works to community and only after that we will pay him via escrow, to avoid any problems.
You mean that website developer will be chosen by community? That sounds good. I mean, if we will have developers and moderators chosen by community, this will look really decentralized. I like this. But the website structure must be still discussed here.
Yes developers and and moderators will be chosen by community and website structure can be discussed for sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elimi

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:49:38 PM

How can you make everyone who will follow this ico believe that their capital remains
jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:54:33 PM

How can you make everyone who will follow this ico believe that their capital remains
Sorry, i did not get your question.

jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:55:51 PM

Sounds really good. At least this will be related to something really decentralized, because 90% of project have nothing to do with decentralization.

Yes, but if website will be managed by same moderators, it will be definitely out of decentralization.
We will appoint anti scam website moderators every month via bitcointalk voting poll, so we will have different moderators every month. If anybody have a different ideas please post them. We are planing to create a decentralized website to protect crypto investors from scammy and fraudulent projects and decentralization must be the main goal of that website.
Appointing moderators via bitcointalk poll is a very good idea, but how information will be added to website? For instance: I have the reasons to believe, that project is a scam and applied with this info to website. What will happen next?
This is a really good question. Your application must be accompanied with some kind of proofs, that mentioned project or ICO is a scam. It is much more better to have a link to official scam accusation thread on bitcointalk. After reviewing all info provided by you, appointed moderators will decide about listing that project in website database. I repeat again, if anyone has any suggestions, please post them.  
Thanks for your answer mate. As mentioned we still have discuss a lot of details before hiring a developer, because as mentioned website must be really decentralized, otherwise it will create a lot of problems.  
Yes I know, that website must be fully decentralized and with the help of community we will achieve it for sure.

panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:12:45 PM

Hiring a developer with a help of community and paying him via escrow is a good idea. Appointing mods via bitcointalk polls is a good idea too. But the most important thing is the rules of adding scam projects to that website. We must discuss that issue.  

I agree with this. Is there a basic framework you've already identified for the site, or do you need the community to help figure this out as well.

I think something along lines of a BBB site, where community members can contribute would be good. BBB has different categories of "issues", so we could have different categories of common scams. There should also be a mechanism or place for the company to respond or defend themselves and offer a resolution.

panorama

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:14:59 PM

Hiring a developer with a help of community and paying him via escrow is a good idea. Appointing mods via bitcointalk polls is a good idea too. But the most important thing is the rules of adding scam projects to that website. We must discuss that issue.  

I agree with this. Is there a basic framework you've already identified for the site, or do you need the community to help figure this out as well.

I think something along lines of a BBB site, where community members can contribute would be good. BBB has different categories of "issues", so we could have different categories of common scams. There should also be a mechanism or place for the company to respond or defend themselves and offer a resolution.

Here's the BBB site for reference:

https://www.bbb.org

AidenCasanova

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:24:30 PM

now after i read about this idea, i wonder what is the definition of SCAM actually in cryptocurrency??
if one person run an ICO (let's tell that their idea is good) but failed to reach minimum ICO so the project cancel or delay, much of people that i know will tell it SCAM
actually i agree with this post

and also i want to know more about voting...
let's said that we choose someone with higher popularity than other, but someone have better mind than him but less popular will lose
how can you solved this? we are not choose an idol here...

who can make a vote?
one man can make too much acount to join that vote if no strict rule

jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:33:42 PM

now after i read about this idea, i wonder what is the definition of SCAM actually in cryptocurrency??
if one person run an ICO (let's tell that their idea is good) but failed to reach minimum ICO so the project cancel or delay, much of people that i know will tell it SCAM
actually i agree with this post

and also i want to know more about voting...
let's said that we choose someone with higher popularity than other, but someone have better mind than him but less popular will lose
how can you solved this? we are not choose an idol here...

who can make a vote?
one man can make too much acount to join that vote if no strict rule
You got the point, but we will try to place in voting list anybody with good experience in this field and anybody will be able to vote for them via bitcointalk polls.  

jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:39:08 PM

Here's the BBB site for reference:

https://www.bbb.org
I agree with you, that there should also be a mechanism or place for the project creators to respond or defend themselves and offer a resolution. There is no doughy about that. Re: bbb.org and ripoffreport.com they are mainly designed for reporting of all kinds of scams. But in Scam Coin case we are talking about crypto scams. And I also would like to know if there is a basic framework already done for website.
Sure, there must be a possibility for accused projects creators to respond and even remove their project from database. We have a framework for website, but as far we are doing it with help of community we will need your help for sure.  

jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:52:49 PM

BBB structure is a very good suggestion. But the problem of BBB is that it is still centralized and here we are talking about fully decentralized website. Anyway count me in this project. The problem of all that scam ICO craziness must be solved as soon as possible.
That's why we decided to launch this project. Anti crypto scam website will be very useful for crypto community and we will do our best to make it fully decentralized. Now days we have over 4 000 ICO's on market and a lot of them are nothing but a scam.   

panorama

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:18:51 PM

I'm not sure how to deal with the moderation issue in a decentralized way. Any voting mechanism seems like it could be manipulated.

jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:06:47 PM

We are in negotiations with several developers now and will update the thread with good news very soon. Thanks for your support guys.

panorama

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:14:52 PM

I'm not sure how to deal with the moderation issue in a decentralized way. Any voting mechanism seems like it could be manipulated.
You got a point. There is only one way to make moderation decentralized. To appoint at least 3 moderators via bitcointalk poll voting. I do not think that it will be easy to manipulate with moderation, when another two persons are watching you. And there must be a possibility of removing a project from the database of anti scam website by presenting reasonable proofs to moderators. Anyway , we have to discuss this issue many times before coming to a final conclusion.

But how can you avoid votes for the moderators being manipulated?

Maybe it has to be done on a rolling basis, so one moderator is voted on every 6 months?

That would also help maintain some continuity if only one can be changed at a time.

panorama

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:15:34 PM

We are in negotiations with several developers now and will update the thread with good news very soon. Thanks for your support guys.

Won't it be hard to negotiate with a developer if you don't know what the site will be like yet?

merridaa

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:37:47 PM

a pretty good project
with a unique name
maybe people will be wondering
Good luck

FARASHA        >        CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES                     
   SOLUTION (http://ico.farasha.care/)
Nikola282828

Activity: 219
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:28:07 AM

The idea of decentralized anti crypto scam website is perfect, however it must be a good website with reputable moderators. Are you planing to built that website by yourself, or by hiring a developer? 

Certainly will hire developers without them would be difficult. And so the idea with this Scam currency interesting.
Nikola282828

Activity: 219
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:34:51 AM

WOW.. Official Scam Coin  Grin To be honest, we really need some kind of anti scam website, that you are promising to deliver, because there is no such one currently I guess.. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

The developers of the site, just the original guys, and the idea is good to attract people and help the society in the fight against fraud.
Midas111

Activity: 772
Merit: 105

Close the federal reserve

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:04:47 AM

Like most people in crypto I have been burned by many scam coins ( heres looking at you VK, DVD Etc for some recent ones) . But I dont think this is the answer. i think a better answer is that we focus on really good coins with strong communities and real ideas with  working coins. Instead of making a scam coin, why not put your efforts into being a part of really great digital currency that can shape the future? Its funny but it will not effect the general public which is one of the main goals of creating awesome digital currency. I love the idea, but maybe you could make an actually awesome digital currency that will attract newbies and reward them with growth and prosperity?

I enjoy working with the finest digital currency developers on earth
jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:29:56 AM

Like most people in crypto I have been burned by many scam coins ( heres looking at you VK, DVD Etc for some recent ones) . But I dont think this is the answer. i think a better answer is that we focus on really good coins with strong communities and real ideas with  working coins. Instead of making a scam coin, why not put your efforts into being a part of really great digital currency that can shape the future? Its funny but it will not effect the general public which is one of the main goals of creating awesome digital currency. I love the idea, but maybe you could make an actually awesome digital currency that will attract newbies and reward them with growth and prosperity?
This ICO is mainly designed for creating an anti scam website, but this token could be also good for speculation purposes, because the quantity is very limited and we do not have airdrops or bounty campaigns. No bounties and no airdrops = NO DUMP after listing on exchanges. Building a good crypto currency this days is a big challenge and is very hard to achieve.   

panorama

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:07:32 PM

You got a point. There is only one way to make moderation decentralized. To appoint at least 3 moderators via bitcointalk poll voting. I do not think that it will be easy to manipulate with moderation, when another two persons are watching you. And there must be a possibility of removing a project from the database of anti scam website by presenting reasonable proofs to moderators. Anyway , we have to discuss this issue many times before coming to a final conclusion.

But how can you avoid votes for the moderators being manipulated?

Maybe it has to be done on a rolling basis, so one moderator is voted on every 6 months?

That would also help maintain some continuity if only one can be changed at a time.
You mean multiply accounts voting problem via bitcointalk poll ? Actually I do not see the reason to do that, as far moderators will not receive money for their work. Or will they? OP please reply to this question. Thanks.
P.S. It will be much more better to choose mods every 2 month. (Just my opinion)

I don't think moderators will be paid for their work, but scammers will try to vote themselves in to have control over the site's content.

There definitely has to be moderators, otherwise the scammers would overrun the site with positive comments supporting their project.

Someone made a comment early on that having a couple of permanent moderators is still a form of centralization, so moderators should be replaced on a regular basis. New moderators would be voted in by the community.

My point was if moderators are voted in, it's too easy for scammers to manipulate that process as well by voting in someone who will take down any negative info.

So, my idea was that moderators are voted in on a rolling basis. Every six months (or year) there's a vote to replace a moderator. So if there's 3 moderators, even if a scammer tries to manipulate the process, they would only be able to get in 1 out of 3 moderators at a time. Things could probably still be manipulated over a long period, but at least it becomes more difficult.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: