Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:58:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how long until altcoins recover from this bitcoin surge?  (Read 1118 times)
Zakhal

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

I love crypto

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:18:05 AM

With this price bitcoin is becoming totally useless. It will cost 100 dollars just to make single transfer while the whole altmarket goes down. This is not good for anybody, its just batshit crazy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:00:12 AM

What do you guys think? Money from alts is all flowing into Bitcoin, I'm guessing as part of futures market hype. How long will it take to stop being bag holders this time?

I think it could be a while, I actually don't see bitcoin slowing for a while, probably not before the new year I don't think, I hope I am wrong but I think bitcoin has gone full rocket mode now and there's no pulling it back.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:35:20 AM

What do you guys think? Money from alts is all flowing into Bitcoin, I'm guessing as part of futures market hype. How long will it take to stop being bag holders this time?
I think altcoin will be back in time in a few weeks, because I think many people will sell their bitcoin by the end of the year and will switch to altcoin.
counterplay

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:44:44 AM

The problem with altcoins is that it is that the best time for altcoins is when bitoin goes sideways.
With the current bull run of bitcoin it is most likeley that either it continues or there will be a correction.
So maybe after a bitcoin correction there might be a good time to enter alts.
overttherainbow

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:28:07 AM

I've been thinking long and hard about this and trying to consolidate everyone's opinion into a workable conclusion and I think alyssa85 is making a good call:

What's happening on Dec 10?

Futures trading starts on the CBOE on Monday 11th December. And futures trading on the CME starts on December 18th.

There is a feeling that the banks and hedge funds will start shorting in order to make the BTC price go down. Money may then rotate into alts.

The introduction of BTC Futures makes it very, very attractive to short once it hits the exchanges. Think of it yourself: give the the option to short or long something that has doubled on itself in a month and doesn't even function as aptly as many other projects within that sphere, what would you do? I think you either have to be balls-to-the-walls crazy, delusional or a hardcore BTC fanboy/girl to go long on it. I also think I you have to be retarded (I don't mean to offend anyone) to get into crypto and ignore the other projects that clearly have broader use cases and better functionality than BTC.

Yesterday I sent a transaction of ARK from BitTrex to my desktop wallet and it took about half a minute, probably less. All I know is when I went to load up and check my desktop wallet after sending the funds they were there.

Yesterday there was a point where 180000 transaction were stuck in limbo.

And what do you think big business thinks of this? Do you honestly think they're so clueless as to miss the fact that BTC is obviously overvalued? Do we see companies like IBM, Microsoft, Samsung, Santander etc. trying to form partnerships with the BTC Core development team?

BTC isn't going anywhere in my opinion, but as another user in this thread said, it's batshit crazy that it commands such a high proportion of the total crypto marketcap. I don't think we as a collective are stupid or impotent enough to let or allow BTC to remain where it is at the moment and I think people will wake up to this. People turning their attention away from BTC could be the best thing to happen to it.

Anyway, I don't know when the BTC frenzy will die down, but I would be extremely cautious going long on BTC post exchange release. If you have the capital and you have a good idea of what altcoins are going to go the length then I suggest scaling into your preferred altcoins while they're cheap.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:57:44 AM

I think the altcoin party will come sooner than people may think. I hope bitcoin price will not move much for a few weeks so altcoin can price peacefully. In my opinion, bitcoin is reaching its limit and it will stabilize around 15 000 usd dollar. Let's see if I am right this time !

topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:32:11 AM

I think it is a new set of money entering the space, and sincemost of these people only heard about BTC they started buying up BTC, expect the flow of money from BTC to Altcoins towords the next quarter of next year
mittooss

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

DEm1CKDTViM1y9YmEcBaktNLWVx8rwuQUm

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:40:05 AM

Altcoins will recover very quickly and the bull run of Bitcoin will soon come to an end. Mostly a normal person knows only about Bitcoin and when prize rises large numbers of people started investing in it.
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:36:18 AM

Going to be looking at next year now i think, this run has really took it out of alts. They got destroyed in the 2nd half of the year and it was all a ploy to get extra money from alts in to bitcoin.
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:55:56 AM

Going to be looking at next year now i think, this run has really took it out of alts. They got destroyed in the 2nd half of the year and it was all a ploy to get extra money from alts in to bitcoin.

It's now the time to collect more alts and as well as holding them for the mean time, altcoins can still have chances for growth since btc is too expensive now and altsbare good alternative.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:09:21 PM

It might be true that the money from altcoins is flowing towards bitcoin since the price of Bitcoin has increased massively within a couple of days bleeding out most of the altcoins. Altcoins have dropped approximately 20% in their prices. The surge in Bitcoin's price may be due to many reasons. The futures market opening on December 10 might have boosted the market trend. Investors from the wall street investing into Bitcoin might be another reason for the sudden surge as they would be investing big bucks. Altcoins will be having a tough time until Bitcoin spike high. It will take them a while to recover in their prices.
I hope soon this will be fixed because it really affected the whole transaction of crypto especially ether. Many users are now getting to get frustrated as the transaction until now is not yet solved. Are they really manipulating the market due to this future market which will be launching on the said date?.
Gangy

Activity: 225

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:39:54 PM

This is the part of natural process. When bitcoin rises most of investors dump their alt coins and buy bitcoin with it to benefit from that unsual rise bitcoin's having. Tho this is kinda a cyle and soon bitcoin's rise will end and it will start losing value then all investors will go back to alt coins. That means alt coins will recover and be precious again.

farwellbit

Activity: 287
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:45:36 AM

This is difficult to say, but most likely the altcoins are starting to "stabilize" again when the price of BTC stabilizes (we have a few exceptions that have not suffered so much from this fall), this is because the altcoins are derived from BTC / ETH.

I believe that after this end-of-the-year hype he should stop at a 20k or 30k and stay there for a while, when that happens all altcoins will go back up, in the mean time the good and buy the maximum he can for after the return to normal if they sell.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: