Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:11:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Batch 2 Avalon was rejected by german customs and returned back to China  (Read 6374 times)
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:07:49 PM

give us a different address, we have sent units to Germany many times without problems, but of course there is always a chance where custom do not believe this is just a engineering sample.

I see your ticket, just reply with new address and we'll try again.
These are not engineering samples, but self-contained, electronic products. It's a commercial product you are selling. Don't act stupid. This is no way to do business.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:54:40 PM

give us a different address, we have sent units to Germany many times without problems, but of course there is always a chance where custom do not believe this is just a engineering sample.

These are not engineering samples, but self-contained, electronic products. It's a commercial product you are selling. Don't act stupid. This is no way to do business.
Ah, shit.  I missed that.   Roll Eyes  and I wish I had one of those facelpalm deals.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:28:00 PM

It sounds like shit luck to be fair, Germans are known for efficiency and strictness, it still a numbers game, but these are indeed commercial products...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
gr0bi42 (OP)

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 11:23:12 PM

Added a note with a different shipping address to the support ticket. Please send the unit dismounted without the PSU and the TP-Link. Or make absolutely clear it's and why it's a engineering sample. As I understood the customs officer there was no document at all, just the device.

Thank you

Donations are welcome: 1Btf3BqUegfe5iFdWsgfBf1Ew3YsAvsrLT
gr0bi42 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 08:18:51 AM

@Bitsyncom, I gave you another shipping address last week, waiting patiently waiting all the weekend, but NOTHING happend so far. No update, no reply to my support ticket regarding the new shippment, nothing. You got my paid Avalon unit back and now ... Huh

funnow

Activity: 347

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 08:11:52 AM

As I know also in Serbia (was part of Ex Yugoslavia) there was a problem with asic blade (I think) I don't know how It was solved.
gr0bi42 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 09:53:50 AM

Another two days passed by and still NOTHING happend. This really sucks Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:12:19 AM

As I know also in Serbia (was part of Ex Yugoslavia) there was a problem with asic blade (I think) I don't know how It was solved.
http://www.carina.rs/lat/Stranice/Vest.aspx?ListItemID=590
Problem was with declared value - $39!
More precisely, problem was someone through 'anonymous line' reported that DHL shipment to customs.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 10:28:54 AM

More precisely, problem was someone through 'anonymous line' reported that DHL shipment to customs.

You are sure? I, as a custom employee, wouldnt believe that this thing costs 39$ only too. You see the packaging and all?
If it was really a snitch i would try to find him and see if he has a clean slate.

Another company is BFL that has problems with customs in germany. Because no german manual was there and a psu with connector to another country.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:34:13 AM

When dealing with the idiots (customs), sometimes it is the only viable route.  Roll Eyes

Signature space available for rent.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 10:50:37 AM

When dealing with the idiots (customs), sometimes it is the only viable route.  Roll Eyes

No, when dealing with Buerocrats (customs) it's a risky, but some times profitable way to take them for idiots. But Buerocrats hate to be taken for idiots and when the recognize the attempt they react how any human being would react, by retaliation. The best way is always to play by their rulebook, even if it is hard.
ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:54:14 AM

You are sure? I, as a custom employee, wouldnt believe that this thing costs 39$ only too. You see the packaging and all?
If it was really a snitch i would try to find him and see if he has a clean slate.
From the last paragraph of that news:
"Violation is detected thanks to information received through "Customs Open Line"

Yes, it was a snitch.
Declared value was $39, but the custom's
"additional control showed that the price of similar devices range from $270 to several thousand."
Grin Did they look at the BFL site?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 05:46:27 PM

From the last paragraph of that news:
"Violation is detected thanks to information received through "Customs Open Line"

Yes, it was a snitch.
Declared value was $39, but the custom's
"additional control showed that the price of similar devices range from $270 to several thousand."
Grin Did they look at the BFL site?

Serbia... i wonder if one could find out who the snitch is. I would be really angry. I mean what kind of person must such one be?

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:42:58 PM

Serbia... i wonder if one could find out who the snitch is. I would be really angry. I mean what kind of person must such one be?

Their competition?

Signature space available for rent.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 07:30:49 PM

Their competition?

That wouldnt be effective to hurt a single miner. It has to be someone that read it in the forum(when the receiver posted it) or someone in his social environment. Most probably someone yellow from envy.
Since normal persons doesnt know that the bill is lower the amount of people should be limited. Except when he posted in forum that he will receive a unit.

gr0bi42 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 10:52:28 AM

Another two days passed by and still NOTHING happend. This really sucks Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

... and another day passed...  no shipping, no communication, nothing. They have my unit back in hands and all I have is a false promise of Bitsyncom. WTF.

mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 03:46:51 AM

BUT, the unit was rejected by german customs officers because of the missing CE-mark and a missing german manual (based on EU law: EC No. 765/2008) Angry

gr0bi42, did the german customs officers explicitely told you this was because of the missing CE-mark and missing manual? Or are you just guessing[1]?

[1] "Guessing" based on that other person who similarly got his Single (not Avalon) rejected by german customs due to a suspected falsified CE mark and missing manual.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:02:31 AM

Avalon recommend that you order the unit without the PSU and get one locally exactly for the customs reason.

A Meteorite

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 04:51:30 AM

Avalon recommend that you order the unit without the PSU and get one locally exactly for the customs reason.
As I recall, this was not an option for batch 2, but only for batch 3.

BTC: 1MeTeorfxZNsY6gJDBtrF8JA8KEv6SKGUmLTC: Lejxgou6hUkjupF6RoruxJGG9AQ7t3ovYt
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:59:42 AM

As I recall, this was not an option for batch 2, but only for batch 3.

Doesn't matter if it was an option then, now it's his only option or a refund.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: