Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:02:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Batch 2 Avalon was rejected by german customs and returned back to China  (Read 6374 times)
gr0bi42 (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 06:42:58 AM

BUT, the unit was rejected by german customs officers because of the missing CE-mark and a missing german manual (based on EU law: EC No. 765/2008) Angry

gr0bi42, did the german customs officers explicitely told you this was because of the missing CE-mark and missing manual? Or are you just guessing[1]?

[1] "Guessing" based on that other person who similarly got his Single (not Avalon) rejected by german customs due to a suspected falsified CE mark and missing manual.

I'm sure, I got a letter from the customs about a networking device with a power connector, a lan connector and a antenna connector WITHOUT a CE-mark and without a manual. Not only a missing german manual, but a missing manual in general.

Waren: 1 (ein) technisches Gerät für den Einsatz in der Netzwerktechnik mit Anschluss 220 Volt, LAN-Anschluss und Antennen-Anschluss ohne CE-Kennzeichnung und Bedienungsanleitung.

In the second letter from the customs, they are telling me, that the importation was rejected based on EU law No. 765/2008. And DHL told me, that the package was sent back to the sender.

The customs also refused to remove the PSU and the TP-LINK router, because they are not allowed to disassemble and sent in parts.

Donations are welcome: 1Btf3BqUegfe5iFdWsgfBf1Ew3YsAvsrLT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gr0bi42 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 06:45:55 AM

Avalon recommend that you order the unit without the PSU and get one locally exactly for the customs reason.
As I recall, this was not an option for batch 2, but only for batch 3.

He is right, a unit without a PSU was not an option for batch 2. I guess the TP-Link router is problematic too, because of the antenna-connector.

gr0bi42 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 06:52:03 AM

give us a different address, we have sent units to Germany many times without problems, but of course there is always a chance where custom do not believe this is just a engineering sample.

I see your ticket, just reply with new address and we'll try again.

Another two days passed by and still NOTHING happend. This really sucks Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

... and another day passed...  no shipping, no communication, nothing. They have my unit back in hands and all I have is a false promise of Bitsyncom. WTF.

... and another day passed by... no message, no email, no answer to the support ticket, no shipping, NOTHING!!!

I'm really pissed about the ignorance and the incompetence of these guys Embarrassed

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 10:27:49 AM

Its strange. I mean every pc or notebook nowadays comes without a manual. The manual is maybe on the harddisc but mostly no manual. Now sending it back because it has no manual is somewhat anachronistic.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
gr0bi42 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 05:02:54 PM

give us a different address, we have sent units to Germany many times without problems, but of course there is always a chance where custom do not believe this is just a engineering sample.

Another two days passed by and still NOTHING happend. This really sucks Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

... and another day passed...  no shipping, no communication, nothing. They have my unit back in hands and all I have is a false promise of Bitsyncom. WTF.

... and another day passed by... no message, no email, no answer to the support ticket, no shipping, NOTHING!!!

I'm really pissed about the ignorance and the incompetence of these guys Embarrassed

... and another weekend/5 days passed without a reaction from Avalon. They have my paid unit back in hands and NOTHING does happen.

Come on guys... this sucks!!!

candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:16:32 PM

I heard that some batch3 guys reveived their 3 module avalon and it had the old design!! So it might be yours Cheesy:D

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
ftping

Activity: 183

200 OK

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:18:49 PM

I heard that some batch3 guys reveived their 3 module avalon and it had the old design!! So it might be yours Cheesy:D

You really need to do something about that homosexual avatar you keep sporting.

OP, no one has heard shit from Avalon for at least a week now.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 06:41:01 PM

Though i can say Yifu is alive. He clicks my calls away occassionally. I had to start calling him again since he promised me on phone to tell chipbuyers the bill details before shipping and now i read zefir's 1. batch is on the way without he knowing the bill details. And he promised to change my billing address for my orders via ticket. Since he broke the first promise i dont know if i should simply wait and trust with the second. Ill try everything i can instead and call him all the time. I really hope he will change...

Zefir told me that bitfury had a great support before he ordered. Now, after he ordered, they dont react anymore at all.

I really hope bitcoin entrepreneurs get some balls over time. I cant see this anymore.

AM4Bitcoin

Activity: 189

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:44:54 PM

Zefir told me that bitfury had a great support before he ordered. Now, after he ordered, they dont react anymore at all.

Do you really meant bitfury or Yifu?

bullish on Bitcoin + Peercoin
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 07:05:04 PM

I meant bitfury. Thats what is saddening me. I thought competitors will change this. Doesnt give much hope to me. Ill stay away from all non communicating companies in the future. The risk and stress involved isnt worth it.

AM4Bitcoin

Activity: 189

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:18:55 PM

I meant bitfury. Thats what is saddening me. I thought competitors will change this. Doesnt give much hope to me. Ill stay away from all non communicating companies in the future. The risk and stress involved isnt worth it.

Thats really disappointing.

bullish on Bitcoin + Peercoin
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:43:29 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the german troubbles you're facing. This is no surprise though. And banging the head in the bureaucratic wall is a real pain in the ass. There are probably some reasons for some of the rules and regulations, but if the customs would be more communicative with the customers, everybody would be better off. I'm sure many customers even would be happy to sort out the mess by paying a certain sum to grease the process. In some countries that's possible, while in other countries that's not. In general I think any individual should be able to import whatever as long as it's not something really bad like chemical weapons, atomic weapons and other really nefarious stuff. What anybody does with their private money is nobodies concern as far as you ask me.
gr0bi42 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 02:35:16 PM

One month passed and NOTHING happend!!!

They still sitting on my avalon or shipped the unit to anyone else.
They shipped nothing so far to the new address although promised they will do so.
They said nothing so far. Complete silence.
They are ignoring support tickets.

Refund? Forget it...

So for me this is a complete RIPOFF and SCAM.

F**k

Milan77

Activity: 202

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:02:02 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.msg2891050#msg2891050
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: