Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:13:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Predictious - Prediction Market Launching this Afternoon  (Read 2159 times)
Predictious (OP)

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 09:49:00 AM

Our Bitcoin prediction market Predictious, is launching today in the afternoon (pacific time). We aim to provide a replacement for InTrade, using Bitcoin.

We will post more information at the time of launch. We thank everybody who participated to the preview.

Feel free to post questions or feedback here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:04:14 PM

Is this like a binary options site where you bet if price will go up or down within a set amount of time or more like a forex/stock trading station?
tunafish

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 12:52:23 AM

I just registered hoping I'd be able to submit my own predictions.
Nope.
Hope you guys add the ability to submit your own picks. I can understand why you wouldn't want people submitting all sorts of non-verifiable predictions and alike but couldn't there be a simple moderator reviewed system? I'd rather be able to submit my own picks and have to wait a few hours or a day for it to get approved than have to pick from stuff like "will the royal baby be a boy or a girl?" There are 50+ different choices for entertainment, 0 for science & tech, and some for economics but all are either guessing btc price or difficulty.
Bitcoin users don't strike me as the type that are inclined to give a shit about celebrities compared to science&tech and economics.
Add the ability for users to submit they're own, I know I'd throw some btc in then.

Feeling generous?
BTC: 1MiaKvvzhuCrbWJ2iXA9RceZfRpNDjwJTk
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 01:25:20 AM

Our Bitcoin prediction market Predictious, is launching today in the afternoon (pacific time). We aim to provide a replacement for InTrade, using Bitcoin.

We will post more information at the time of launch. We thank everybody who participated to the preview.

looks really cool.

awesome Verge article as well.

I hope someone does prediction 4 btc all the way right, and this looks like the best shot.  An "Intrade-style" market with trustworthy & fair operators has been much needed.

best of luck to you guys.

EDIT:   just tried to sign up, wants my google acct Sad    IMO bitcoin gamblers do not want accounts at all if possible.  A simple no-dox registration is acceptable as well.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Frogcoin

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:00:52 AM

Have any trades been executed yet? I don't see an order book for any of the options.
flix
Legendary

Activity: 1227

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:17:34 AM

Cool.

This was inevitable from the moment that intrade shut down.

Hopefully we'll see an increase in the number of available predictions, charts, etc...

Will users be able to make (or at least suggest) their own predictions?
levino

Activity: 362

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:44:54 AM

Would I be betting against you? Where do you get the money to pay me out? If you have bad luck and you cannot pay, what then? I say scam! At least as long as you don't give proof you can deliver.

BM-2cWwQnMzK9XFTjfn6jSRRJwTG8a2wooR9A
www.coyno.com - www.bitcoinage.de
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:56:35 AM

I click create an account and it goes to google.  How do I create an account without using google?

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
flix
Legendary

Activity: 1227

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:10:03 PM

Nice write-up from BitcoinMagazine:
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/predictious-prediction-markets-are-coming-back-with-bitcoin/
tunafish

Activity: 95

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 04:28:32 PM

No Zimmerman odds for what he can be convicted of?

1.  Murder 2
2.  Manslaughter
3.  Not Guilty

I'll take .05 btc on manslaughter. jury nullification ftw.

Feeling generous?
BTC: 1MiaKvvzhuCrbWJ2iXA9RceZfRpNDjwJTk
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:30:07 PM

Would I be betting against you? Where do you get the money to pay me out? If you have bad luck and you cannot pay, what then? I say scam! At least as long as you don't give proof you can deliver.

Nice show of ignorance.
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:52:47 PM

Why does it not show the competing bids, and quantity available?  2FA would be nice also.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Hfleer

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:15:38 PM

I click create an account and it goes to google.  How do I create an account without using google?

It would appear as though that's the only option right now.  Hopefully that changes soon.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
toddtervy

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 08:26:27 PM

I've visited, almost seems like a beta site.  Very good idea though, this will be easier to access than Intrade for most, and could easily be wildly successful.  Who is behind this?  Right now I just see 'Predictious' who seems like a new user without even many posts.

Get off my c@ck !
toddtervy

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 08:29:51 PM

Here's some background information taken from the article:
Predictious was created by Flavien Charlon, a developer with a prior background in mobile applications and Facebook applications, and is his first Bitcoin-related project. The parent company, Pixode, is based in Ireland, and the project is currently largely a solo effort – “although I am getting some help from a friend,” Charlon points out.

Get off my c@ck !
Hfleer

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 08:12:56 PM

Trade history would be useful also, Intrade had a chart showing price over time and volume.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 06:04:37 AM

Was going to sign up but then saw it required a Google account.

Pass.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
2_Thumbs_Up

Activity: 323
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:36:25 PM

I've been waiting for this, and this site looks great.

However:

7.0 FEES  7.1 Pixode charges a transaction fee for each trade on Predictious.
No shit. I've been looking everywhere to try and find how big the fee is without success. Could you clarify this?

Secondly, I'm interested in market data for your bets. Mostly I'm just missing the market depth, but trading history and such would be really nice to have as well.
Hfleer

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:59:43 PM

However:

7.0 FEES  7.1 Pixode charges a transaction fee for each trade on Predictious.
No shit. I've been looking everywhere to try and find how big the fee is without success. Could you clarify this?

Secondly, I'm interested in market data for your bets. Mostly I'm just missing the market depth, but trading history and such would be really nice to have as well.

I agree.  Is the site operator still going through with this?  Seems quiet.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Predictious (OP)

Activity: 290

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 08:25:42 AM

Is this like a binary options site where you bet if price will go up or down within a set amount of time or more like a forex/stock trading station?

This is more like a binary options site, but more advanced than traditional pari-mutuel sites like betsofbitcoin.

I just registered hoping I'd be able to submit my own predictions.
Nope.
Hope you guys add the ability to submit your own picks. I can understand why you wouldn't want people submitting all sorts of non-verifiable predictions and alike but couldn't there be a simple moderator reviewed system? I'd rather be able to submit my own picks and have to wait a few hours or a day for it to get approved than have to pick from stuff like "will the royal baby be a boy or a girl?" There are 50+ different choices for entertainment, 0 for science & tech, and some for economics but all are either guessing btc price or difficulty.
Bitcoin users don't strike me as the type that are inclined to give a shit about celebrities compared to science&tech and economics.
Add the ability for users to submit they're own, I know I'd throw some btc in then.

We actually take suggestions about new markets, review them and post them online if we feel they meet our quality bar. Feel free to submit market suggestions here.

I hope someone does prediction 4 btc all the way right, and this looks like the best shot.  An "Intrade-style" market with trustworthy & fair operators has been much needed.

best of luck to you guys.

EDIT:   just tried to sign up, wants my google acct Sad    IMO bitcoin gamblers do not want accounts at all if possible.  A simple no-dox registration is acceptable as well.
We use Google accounts for authentication only. Google accounts is one of the most secure authentication mechanism you can find on the web. Also Google accounts supports 2-factor authentication with a large range a options (SMS, android, iPhone app, etc...). This is ideal for securing an account that holds funds. What's more likely, the NSA comes after you because they discover you use a Bitcoin website, or you get your password and your Bitcoins stolen?

You bet against other people, like on Intrade.
Have any trades been executed yet? I don't see an order book for any of the options.
We plan to add an order book soon.

Trade history would be useful also, Intrade had a chart showing price over time and volume.
Yes, we also plan to add this soon.

However:

7.0 FEES  7.1 Pixode charges a transaction fee for each trade on Predictious.

The transactions fee is 2% at the moment.

I agree.  Is the site operator still going through with this?  Seems quiet.
Yes, sorry about this, we forgot to follow up on this thread. We update the site daily. If you have urgent questions, you can also ask here.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: