Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:15:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my ETH to buy BTC??  (Read 1469 times)
Shorshus (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:19:20 PM

Before this huge growth on bitcoin, I decided to buy some Ethereum. Since the price of ETH is slowly going down with the growth of the BTC, should I sell my Ethereum to buy Bitcoin again? Thank you in advance, Im new to this!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:21:57 PM

It will be good for you to invest in Bitcoin. ETH is also a good coin, I won’t advise you to sell all ETH to buy Bitcoin. Maybe you can diversify your portfolio and hold 50% each.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:28:21 PM

Before this huge growth on bitcoin, I decided to buy some Ethereum. Since the price of ETH is slowly going down with the growth of the BTC, should I sell my Ethereum to buy Bitcoin again? Thank you in advance, Im new to this!
Now Bitcoin's price is going up very quickly. Therefore, anyone who wants to increase their capital must buy Bitcoins.
But I agree with the Caesar-Giulius that the whole Efirium can not be sold!

djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:29:31 PM

Ethereum is a very good coin and it have the most promising potential to success among altcoins. So your decision about buying Eth was right, you just need to be patient a bit and keep holding your Eth until the price go up again highly.
bergenic

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:30:07 PM

I don't think it makes any sense to do that move now. You are basically picking the worst possible time to change ETH to BTC. Just two days ago you got 0.04 BTC with one ETH and now you get 0.026 - almost losing half of the gain. If I was you I'd just hold on to my ETH until the ratio gets better. Bitcoin might go down for a big correction any day or it could be some news pushing ETH higher.  It's not like you are holding some toxic asset, ETH is a nice investment as well and the ratio will also move other way. Just last week Bitcoin corrected from 11K+ to less than 9K in one day.

I'm actually thinking of selling some BTC for ETH myself, already sold a little bit to buy my long-term target ADA!
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:33:17 PM

eth and btc is same good but i prefer to get more btc than eth try to sell your eth if you want then go for bitcoin because the value of bitcoin is rapidly increasing i think you will get a huge and more money in bitcoin than ethereum .
wanderloy

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:33:36 PM

That's a good idea and that's why one of the reasons why Ethereum network is congested because people are selling their tokens into Ethereum and selling Ethereum into Bitcoin so people nowadays are aware about Bitcoin's insane jump.
Selling your Ethereum into Bitcoin will give you good profit than staying into Ethereum.

damakartu

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:36:34 PM

Personally I don't follow hypes and it depends what was your entry point on ETH
Shorshus (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:28:47 PM

I think that Im gonna keep the ETH, but Im going to wait for a correction in BTC’s price and I will buy some more. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
sapusapu

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 04:36:59 PM

I think invest in eth and btc is good for future. You can buy btc but don't sell all your eth to buy btc. If next time eth have high price more than btc you will get many profits Smiley
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:38:49 PM

I think that Im gonna keep the ETH, but Im going to wait for a correction in BTC’s price and I will buy some more. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

The price is not going to have a correction now, it is going to go up for a while until it touches $20 thousand dollars, we all are waiting to see it happening.

So sell your ethereums now, they are not worth it. They were more than 0.10 bitcoins on August, they are just 0.023 btc right now, are you in profit or not? I guess that you are not.

I would sell them all inmediately, bitcoin is going up so quickly, and it is going to reach 20 thousand dollars, if you are expecting to see the price going down, then try to lose those hopes because it is not going to happen

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:59:04 PM

When you are ETH holder you will feeling FOMO with BTC it go up up up
and ETH down down down also had problem with cryptokittes make ETH congestion crazy. That's why it's go down a lot recently.
But in long term I still hold it!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
xkatarinax

Activity: 242
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:39:12 PM

I think that better way is to sell part of ethereum and buy bitcoin. But don't sell all your ethereum

TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:26:25 PM

I will advise you to sell your Eth and buying Bitcoins, hold it at least for 1 or 2 weeks.
Eth prices are declining, the market response is sluggish against Eth, there seems nothing very significant up trends for Eth in the near future.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:29:39 PM

I think it is wise thing to do as Ethereum is speedily going down. But you will not be able to sell ether because of the slow transaction process.
pri3oner

Activity: 504

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:29:50 PM

I wonder why while everyone of us (ok, the majority) uses ETH and its cost is still about 500$? I mean it's so popular alt, almost the second by "usability"...

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
doothewop

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

I like the clowns and the little dogs

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 07:31:37 PM

When buying, it's better to buy low so that you can later sell high. It all depends on how you think BTC and ETH are going to perform in the future. If you think BTC is going to explode even more, by all means buy some. But generally lower prices are better for getting an entry point. That said, I am long both.
spinno

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:33:32 PM

with the way bitcoin is rapidly increasing , i will advice you to get some bitcoin in your wallet and keep until you ready to earn some hot cash.
CryptoBitCoins

Activity: 644
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:33:46 PM

Until recently, the percentage ratio of growth in BTC and ETH was the same, and now the trend is that bitcoin began to grow faster. But personally, my advice, do not sell ETH, it will grow.
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:34:40 PM

Currently, I guess you shouldn't because ETH vs BTC price is really low. We haven't seen these price since a long time.

If you still want to sell, keep some ETH with you as the price could recover.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█