Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:13:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Hedge Coin Group - Bulk Miner Hosting & Sales - 50 MW - Mongolia  (Read 1462 times)
does
Copper Member

Activity: 117
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:59:54 PM

i mean comon.

https://imgur.com/a/pQuX6

4 picture out of a full facility ? and only 16 miners is showed ?

i can take a picture of a warehouse put my own miners same as u did and call it a farm..

be serious ..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hellomoto23

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:32:27 AM

so whos going to visit this facility? how the hell can we even confirm this a business lol its too difficult to do due diligence on you guys !!! not a good sign
HedgeCoinGroup (OP)

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 03:42:09 PM

Hi Guys!

Sorry for the low responses and updates! We are working out a large project currently and we may have exciting news soon!

This facility, we have plans in place for someone to visit at the end of January.

Please be patient as we work on this project and can have more details for you ready!

Thanks,

THCG (The Hedge Coin Group)
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:21:09 PM

I don't want to be negative, but this is just delaying investment. You as a business, should be aware of it. I could have miners there already mining, but now will have to wait.
I am patiently waiting for full review and all requested details since late December/early January. Please update us once you have anything solid.
(takes a deep breath)
On the other hand, this is building a relationship with hosting facility which would last for many, many months. So a little delay is something we need to sit on.
hellomoto23

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:58:16 PM

We are still waiting for photos, as requested here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2541999.msg27434019#msg27434019
I personally I am waiting as well. I as e-mailing Vincent back and forth about it, someone is flying there to see it.
I was willing to fly there as well (as early as 1 January), but I've been put in the queue. So I am waiting for someone's review, or at least more videos/photos.

whos vincent? and hes going to go check it out u saY?
crypto_curious

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:35:37 PM

We are still waiting for photos, as requested here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2541999.msg27434019#msg27434019
I personally I am waiting as well. I as e-mailing Vincent back and forth about it, someone is flying there to see it.
I was willing to fly there as well (as early as 1 January), but I've been put in the queue. So I am waiting for someone's review, or at least more videos/photos.

whos vincent? and hes going to go check it out u saY?

I am in different country, I have no access to my other e-mail right now, so I can't tell you his full name from my e-mail exchange history. Mr Vincent is manager of THCG. As he told me, someone is flying there to see hosting facility. So that's what is being told here and that's what we are waiting for.
alf5

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:53:53 PM

My short analyses of TheHedgeCoinGroup:

I too have been exchanging a few emails with them looking for a new hosting location.

I also spent a bit of time researching anything I could find related to them on the web - looking for indications if it is legit OR fraud……

My conclusion is that there is a medium to high probability this is fraud.  Not conclusive, but highly likely. Would love to be proven wrong.

Below are my reasons leaning towards being fraudulent:

a. Only accepts bitcoins as payment and no wire transfer.
b. Domain registered only 3 months ago:  Creation Date: 2017-09-08T16:35:42.00Z
c. Domain with private registration. 
d. Elusive with photos/images.
e. Unable to verify identify of individuals I exchanged emails with. Very little on  linkedin, web  searches, china's version of linked in, etc
f. Large inventory of many machines types available when I inquired about purchasing machines.   No one has inventory like this sitting around.
g. Text on web site seems to be copied from other sites.
h. Claims to be in China with mining location in Mongolia, but a bit of forensic analyses on source email appears to indicate who ever emailed me did so on a browser from of Alberta, Canada.  This is the needle in the haystack.

I exchanged emails with Vince and analyzed everything I could in the header, writing styles, etc.
The email was generated using Microsoft office 365 and owa.

Emails originating from ip: 184.68.199.50
This is visible in the headers we can see:

authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=info@thehedgecoingroup.com;
   x-originating-ip: [184.68.199.50]

Ip 2 Location lookup on IP 184.68.199.50 indicates a physical location of  Canada, Alberta, Calgary, from Shaw Communications Inc.

A bit more research -- this is tied to  DSL line in Canada from Shaw Communications

A bit more search... isp ip also in an SFP record for www.patchingassociates.com
   "v=spf1 mx ip4:184.68.199.50 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all"

A bit more research... ip 184.68.199.50 is running a public facing ftp server.

A bit more search the ftp server is running on plain text, no tls/sftp and appears to be an old version.  My guess this is how they got into the server.  A very common exploit pattern by guessing a uid/pwd OR  exploiting some unpatched vulnerability.  This is a good way to cover your tracks......

Conclusion:

If I were to guess, they are using a compromised server in Alberta, Canada belonging to PatchingAssociates.com to use Web Mail in office 365 to cover up their tracks.  Server in Alberta, Canada belongs to www.PatchingAssociates.com  which has nothing to do with mining operations and appears to lack security on their ftp server........too many steps have been taken to cover up and hide identity - private domain registration, cloud flare for web site hosting, using server/pc in Canada for web mail, and only accepting bitcoins for payment.   

Stay safe out there!!!!
HedgeCoinGroup (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 04:23:43 PM

My short analyses of TheHedgeCoinGroup:

I too have been exchanging a few emails with them looking for a new hosting location.

I also spent a bit of time researching anything I could find related to them on the web - looking for indications if it is legit OR fraud……

My conclusion is that there is a medium to high probability this is fraud.  Not conclusive, but highly likely. Would love to be proven wrong.

Below are my reasons leaning towards being fraudulent:

a. Only accepts bitcoins as payment and no wire transfer.
b. Domain registered only 3 months ago:  Creation Date: 2017-09-08T16:35:42.00Z
c. Domain with private registration.  
d. Elusive with photos/images.
e. Unable to verify identify of individuals I exchanged emails with. Very little on  linkedin, web  searches, china's version of linked in, etc
f. Large inventory of many machines types available when I inquired about purchasing machines.   No one has inventory like this sitting around.
g. Text on web site seems to be copied from other sites.
h. Claims to be in China with mining location in Mongolia, but a bit of forensic analyses on source email appears to indicate who ever emailed me did so on a browser from of Alberta, Canada.  This is the needle in the haystack.

I exchanged emails with Vince and analyzed everything I could in the header, writing styles, etc.
The email was generated using Microsoft office 365 and owa.

Emails originating from ip: 184.68.199.50
This is visible in the headers we can see:

authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=info@thehedgecoingroup.com;
   x-originating-ip: [184.68.199.50]

Ip 2 Location lookup on IP 184.68.199.50 indicates a physical location of  Canada, Alberta, Calgary, from Shaw Communications Inc.

A bit more research -- this is tied to  DSL line in Canada from Shaw Communications

A bit more search... isp ip also in an SFP record for www.patchingassociates.com
   "v=spf1 mx ip4:184.68.199.50 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all"

A bit more research... ip 184.68.199.50 is running a public facing ftp server.

A bit more search the ftp server is running on plain text, no tls/sftp and appears to be an old version.  My guess this is how they got into the server.  A very common exploit pattern by guessing a uid/pwd OR  exploiting some unpatched vulnerability.  This is a good way to cover your tracks......

Conclusion:

If I were to guess, they are using a compromised server in Alberta, Canada belonging to PatchingAssociates.com to use Web Mail in office 365 to cover up their tracks.  Server in Alberta, Canada belongs to www.PatchingAssociates.com  which has nothing to do with mining operations and appears to lack security on their ftp server........too many steps have been taken to cover up and hide identity - private domain registration, cloud flare for web site hosting, using server/pc in Canada for web mail, and only accepting bitcoins for payment.  

Stay safe out there!!!!

Hello,

We would prefer that you remove any personal information that you have posted. There are a ton of logistics behind every company that no one sees and we have done our best to please everyone.

What you don't know before posting all of this is the following:

1. We have members based in different parts of the world in order to actively respond to messages at all times
2. We are actively building out a data center in Canada that is almost ready to be announced, for which I am assigned to take care of construction and overseeing completion. We will be creating a documentary on this as we continue to develop it.
3. We have lost 3 customers money due to wire transfer and had to remove it as such, we also have a limit to the amount of foreign currency available for receipt in our bank accounts until we get a new one in Hong Kong, which we think is a valid reason to not accept it.
4. We have only recently, as stated before looked into expanding our brand online and to get new customers outside of China so it would be normal to not have to create a domain unless needed to satisfy our new customers, we did this because of the huge increase in interest of Bitcoin
5. We have tried to satisfy as many questions and suggestions posted by forum users, we cannot take a picture every single time that we want to sell 10 units to someone because then the majority of our time would be spent driving back and forth to the facility just to take photos
6. We have a deep supply chain, what we have in stock is not only ours, but our suppliers as well.

We have continually done so many things to try and improve our process from hiring a web developer, to getting a new CRM, to getting a new invoicing system, to reaching out on multiple platforms and look for different business opportunities and ventures. We have invested a lot more than any other company and if this were all to be for a small scam, do you think it would really be worth it?

I guess this would be a good time to announce our Canadian Data Center:

We are opening a new Data Center in Canada! The minimum amount for hosting in this facility is 1000 machines, we have a capacity of over 100 000 machines and will be offering facility visits for people with interest and proof that they have the minimum amount of machines! We realize that there is a lot of discontent within China and this is the reason we have started shifting gears to announce this!

We are looking at a capacity of around 20000 machines by the end of February, so message us if you would like more details!

Thanks,

crypto_curious

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:41:15 PM

Khem... Will anything we were asking previously, addressed? Photos of Mongolian facility, full photo review, etc...? We don't need new facilities announced, we need only one solid one, checked and vetted.
HedgeCoinGroup (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 09:01:20 PM

Khem... Will anything we were asking previously, addressed? Photos of Mongolian facility, full photo review, etc...? We don't need new facilities announced, we need only one solid one, checked and vetted.

We will most likely be shifting our operations to focus on our new facilities. These new facilities will have space to hold all of our machines in one place, as stated construction will be posted as it goes on.

This will reduce further problems in the future and easily allow for expansion for us and our clients as well.

Thanks,

crypto_curious

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:16:54 PM

We will most likely be shifting our operations to focus on our new facilities. These new facilities will have space to hold all of our machines in one place, as stated construction will be posted as it goes on.

This will reduce further problems in the future and easily allow for expansion for us and our clients as well.

Thanks,

Thank you. Which facilities will that be, then? Canada is getting focus, or Mongolian one as well? Because as I understand Mongolian facility is just few months old?
HedgeCoinGroup (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 09:19:08 PM

Thanks,

Thank you. Which facilities will that be, then? Canada is getting focus, or Mongolian one as well? Because as I understand Mongolian facility is just few months old?

Currently, our main focus will be Canada as we have several large clients that need hosting immediately. Mongolian facility will still be running and operational; however, it is a lesser priority currently and we are allocating most of our resources to begin developing our facility in Canada.

Thanks,

hellomoto23

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:51:59 AM

Thanks,

Currently, our main focus will be Canada as we have several large clients that need hosting immediately. Mongolian facility will still be running and operational; however, it is a lesser priority currently and we are allocating most of our resources to begin developing our facility in Canada.

Thanks,

where are these Canadian facilities ? and when can they be open to view?
does
Copper Member

Activity: 117
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:40:59 AM

argh , to sketchy .

no videos, no real case pictures.
its been WEEKS, and the visitors is no where to be found.
crypto_curious

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:12:44 PM

argh , to sketchy .

no videos, no real case pictures.
its been WEEKS, and the visitors is no where to be found.

Yeah... I personally been waiting a round month now. I can't invest without solid info, so it's been put on hold.
hellomoto23

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:23:05 AM

agree'd ,  how else can they confirm with us??
crypto_curious

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:34:38 PM

It's February already, and nothing from THCG management. No information about Mongolian facility, or any other one. It's very very sketchy now.
HedgeCoinGroup (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 04:06:41 PM

It's February already, and nothing from THCG management. No information about Mongolian facility, or any other one. It's very very sketchy now.

Hello,

Please understand that working with anything over 100 MW is already insanely tough to work with politically, add on the fact that it is in Canada which means we can't just skip steps, there are building codes etc we have to look into. We are working hard on finalizing the facility and bringing it up to proper standards. There is a lot of work and a lot of waiting involved not just because of us, but because large corporations move slowly. Believe me, I am trying to push this out as fast as I can because who doesn't want a facility at the moment?

You could also say that its very sketchy, but we aren't asking for any payments whatsoever. We have invested nearly all of our time into getting the new facility details locked down and working on it rather than trying to give worse service or take peoples money. We still do offer our Mongolian facility out, but with less advertising because there isn't enough time in the day to do all of these things.

If we were to be consistently advertising, trying to push for payments without proof etc, then I would totally understand your guys' doubts but as it stands we are working our hardest.

We have complied and tried our best to provide you guys adequate photos, but if this isn't enough then you guys are allowed to wait until we begin our Canadian facility.

Thanks,

crypto_curious

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:01:12 PM

No updates for two months.. Was this a scam  Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: