Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:46:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin futures  (Read 1095 times)
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:25:38 AM

As i can see for the next few years, bitcoin will dominate the economy. It will be the number one crypto currency sooner. This has reached the highest exchange value at present so anticipated that it will still go higher and higher as time passes by. This has been so amazing since this has motivated a lot of user. We strive harder in order to invest in the right time and eventually we get bigger in return. That is absolutely very favorable to us since we benefit a lot with bitcoin. I can also see that we would have cashless society for the next twenty years. We ni longer have to bring bulky amount of money instead we would just bring our gadget with wallet then transact everything through bitcoin.
I would not be surprised even though we cannot say which year this is going to end up being but one thing I can assuredly say is that it would have some pretty huge effect on the economy.

I have seen some pictures or memes showing where USD is being buried by some of the coins in the market attending the funeral, and we cannot really say what the future may hold or how entrance of the future markets may be like, but I am sure there is a great future.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:52:18 AM

I do not know what will happen to bitcoin in the future. because bitcoin is very difficult to predict and bitcoin is also unstable, so we can not predict what will happen to this bitcoin. may become extinct and maybe bitcoin can also become an internaonal currency. let it all go with the time

Sr Member

EPSILOAN
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 06:02:23 AM

the current price of bitcoin mecapai 16830.51 US Dollar. but I begin to doubt when some countries plan to banned bitcoins. thinking of the worst thing that will happen to bitcoin in the future, starts to scare me if bitcoin really gets lost.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:44:22 AM

To be confused and concerned of new things is normal but thinking about negative effects of that is unnecessary. You have to trust the system and give chance to it. And we should always take a glimpse about what it can bring in a more positive way.
Well, confusion can be driven by a lot of factors and I am not surprised if anyone is. This is an investment and even as much as so many people trust the system, there are still some doubts with the futures market which we all know the wall street guys are full of pranks.

Although, I would not really be much bothered about this in the long run. This is something that would keep on moving higher and it is a monster that cannot be stopped in as much as the wall street dudes may want to try out their manipulations.
Harley29

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:03:20 PM

Bitcoin future will be bright as speculators keep on speculating the price of bitcoin will keep on growing high. More investors will invest in bitcoin and government of many countries will adopt bitcoin as their secondary money, so to that bitcoin will sustain it market value and it exchange rate will skyrocketed to as high as $50000 in the next few years to come.

As I gaining knowledge about bitcoin I realized on how amazed the bitcoin has. It brings everyone to ahead one step higher to there way of living as bitcoin helps them to earn. I would say the bitcoin future will be brighter as brither of the sun that still increasing its value from time to time unexpectedly and I believed that it will continue in the future.

If the current demand  for it keeps increasing then why not it will also keep growing in value on the market and the future  for the long term investors are getting richer and richer. I believe in bitcoin's future and it has been a dream of mine since i got to know bitcoin to keep pilling them up until i make so much on it to be able to sell back for profit.
Bitcoin future is very bright and future because bitcoin have still a very big demand in this world not only rich countries are trying to accept bitcoin but also some poor countries are also trying to join bitcoin in this year rich and some poor countries accept bitcoin and some banks also start accepting bitcoin so every country which are still not a part of bitcoin they also want improve their economy and I’m sure that in 2018 bitcoin will reached to many countries which will increase it price more.
william8829

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:25:06 PM

Ok, so you don't understand why something that is being traded in fiat would have any effect in bitcoin themselves, right? I'm not an expert myself in futures but this guy did a pretty good analysis:

https://masterthecrypto.com/will-bitcoin-futures-affect-bitcoin-prices/

It seems that, for example, for gold it didn't work too well short term but eventually was meaningless so you might be right. Bitcoin might not be affected at all by it. However because bitcoin is purely speculative right now, I'm sure it will drive the price even higher, hard to tell right now because it's already climbing hard anyways.

So basically its only value to the Bitcoin market is the headlines it may potentially make  because we do know that news affects the price.  A headline that reads, "Bitcoin futures market doubles over night", would most likely have a positive effect on Bitcoins price.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:02:05 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 07:41:38 PM by bitcad4u

Ok, so you don't understand why something that is being traded in fiat would have any effect in bitcoin themselves, right? I'm not an expert myself in futures but this guy did a pretty good analysis:

https://masterthecrypto.com/will-bitcoin-futures-affect-bitcoin-prices/

It seems that, for example, for gold it didn't work too well short term but eventually was meaningless so you might be right. Bitcoin might not be affected at all by it. However because bitcoin is purely speculative right now, I'm sure it will drive the price even higher, hard to tell right now because it's already climbing hard anyways.

So basically its only value to the Bitcoin market is the headlines it may potentially make  because we do know that news affects the price.  A headline that reads, "Bitcoin futures market doubles over night", would most likely have a positive effect on Bitcoins price.

The future of bitcoin was good only because it's a digital currency and it rate was increased day by day.All the investors will get profit for sure.As of now the price is low,so even now you can inverse for your future and will get more profit from bitcoin.Bitcoin will have bright future as long as investor inverse their money.
Emem29

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:22:37 PM

Hi!
I'm a bit confused by all the talk about how bitcoin futures will affect bitcoin price.

As far as I understand, a futures contract is a binding agreement between 2 parties where mr A will buy an asset from mr B at a beforehand specified price and time.

The asset can be any commodity like oil etc, and are used both by producers as hedge and by speculators.

It is often possible to settle the agreement directly in cash, without buying/selling the actual underlying asset. I suspect most speculators prefer this option.

So, how will bitcoin futures work?
Will they require buying/selling bitcoin itself or will they just be settled in fiat cash?

I suspect these futures will primarily be used by speculators who probably will prefer to just settle them in cash.

So why would such a contract affect the bitcoin price at all?

I'm new so thanks for taking your time and explaing this to me Smiley

The future of bitcoin is be a number one wprld best currency in the whole world, becuase bitcoin is highly potential coin that give us to live a better life. Bitcoin is a good to earn money, hope bitcoin will become the most valuable currency, not only cryptocurremcy.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1520

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 12:30:01 PM

I know that correlation doesn’t imply causation, but it doesn’t falsify causation either. I’m saying this because futures launch may have had some influence in the bitcoin downward trends. First futures were launched on December 10th (CBOE ones), and the seconds on the 18th (CME ones). Both were followed by downward trends, especially CME ones, that are the most important.

olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:53:08 PM

I know that correlation doesn’t imply causation, but it doesn’t falsify causation either. I’m saying this because futures launch may have had some influence in the bitcoin downward trends. First futures were launched on December 10th (CBOE ones), and the seconds on the 18th (CME ones). Both were followed by downward trends, especially CME ones, that are the most important.

That is exactly the concern about the bitcoin futures as a lot of people would be poorer while the other would become richer. In this case of crash in price,  I am sure a lot of people would have entered into the contract without the mindset that the price could fall this low. Now they blame themselves rather than taking decision when the need arises, they have been deceived to think they can influence the future.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:29:23 PM

In theory, futures should be backed by real bitcoin holdings which the issuers of the futures would hold, but im not sure... I think futures is just legal institutional gambling. Wall Street will try to control the price through futures. It depends on how stupid the market is to let themselves get manipulated by the price of something that is not even real Bitcoin. We are dealing with billionaire weasels now, it's a new different level never seen before in Bitcoin.

My recommendation: Ignore futures and it's price, and only trade real bitcoins directly, anything that isn't this is on the scammy side.
Stock trading is another form of institutional gambling and so is the case with future trading,since bitcoin futures is trading with dollars,the level of manipulation from big time whales will be huge and thereby they could crash the price by pumping in dollars,but the general feeling is that there is not much interest in the future trading market as expected and may be it is the reason we are seeing major swings in the price .
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:42:14 PM

In theory, futures should be backed by real bitcoin holdings which the issuers of the futures would hold, but im not sure... I think futures is just legal institutional gambling. Wall Street will try to control the price through futures. It depends on how stupid the market is to let themselves get manipulated by the price of something that is not even real Bitcoin. We are dealing with billionaire weasels now, it's a new different level never seen before in Bitcoin.

My recommendation: Ignore futures and it's price, and only trade real bitcoins directly, anything that isn't this is on the scammy side.
Stock trading is another form of institutional gambling and so is the case with future trading,since bitcoin futures is trading with dollars,the level of manipulation from big time whales will be huge and thereby they could crash the price by pumping in dollars,but the general feeling is that there is not much interest in the future trading market as expected and may be it is the reason we are seeing major swings in the price .
Trading is a very difficult thing to predict and even we often see an unexpected thing. So that all the events that sometimes there is always the effect of the luck factor. I'm not quite sure of the state of the Bitcoin price, so it will all go on and run by itself, we will follow the Bitcoin price movement and we should all be able to make the most of it.
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:52:10 PM

Trading is a very difficult thing to predict and even we often see an unexpected thing. So that all the events that sometimes there is always the effect of the luck factor. I'm not quite sure of the state of the Bitcoin price, so it will all go on and run by itself, we will follow the Bitcoin price movement and we should all be able to make the most of it.

Trading is difficult to predict but still you can have an instances that the coin will pump example if the coin has a good news, new development of the coin or other development that could lead to a rising price. I think it is not more on luck in trading it is on low luck but mostly on strategy and gathering new news about the coin youve invested on because of that it mostly lead to good news.

On the bitcoin side the future of bitcoin is very bright and we all know that because of its price and a lot more people are investing bitcoin to gain more profit so it would be a good future for bitcoin and holder of it.
cheann20

Activity: 344
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:05:48 PM

Hi!
I'm a bit confused by all the talk about how bitcoin futures will affect bitcoin price.

As far as I understand, a futures contract is a binding agreement between 2 parties where mr A will buy an asset from mr B at a beforehand specified price and time.

The asset can be any commodity like oil etc, and are used both by producers as hedge and by speculators.

It is often possible to settle the agreement directly in cash, without buying/selling the actual underlying asset. I suspect most speculators prefer this option.

So, how will bitcoin futures work?
Will they require buying/selling bitcoin itself or will they just be settled in fiat cash?

I suspect these futures will primarily be used by speculators who probably will prefer to just settle them in cash.

So why would such a contract affect the bitcoin price at all?

I'm new so thanks for taking your time and explaing this to me Smiley

The future of bitcoin is, to help people to live a better life, it can help us to be an responsible specialy in our family. And the future of bitcoin is to be a papular so, many people will want to buy nad invest in bitcoin
Tyronthegreat

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:29:30 AM

I think bitcoin will conquer the world interest and always be the best cryptocurrency choice of all people.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:12:08 AM

Well I figure bitcoin will never end since it was notable and helpful to everybody with the goal that it will never experienced out the years that will come. Bitcoin helps a considerable measure of needy individuals exceptionally on the underdeveloped nations they give a work on them that is the reason they can contribute on the general public that they were have a place and due to that many individuals outperform their own predicaments in view of bitcoin. Bitcoin will never lose in light of the fact that many individuals have an advantage on it and it is some how an answer on an economy that was crushed and in view of that it will keep on progressing.
pluMmet

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:06:53 AM

The future of bitcoin seems to be good, see the value that continues to good and a lot of her users will make bitcoin still survive in addition for bitcoin not so difficult in understand that became one factor is getting a lot of her users bitcoin
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:06:10 PM

Well I figure bitcoin will never end since it was notable and helpful to everybody with the goal that it will never experienced out the years that will come. Bitcoin helps a considerable measure of needy individuals exceptionally on the underdeveloped nations they give a work on them that is the reason they can contribute on the general public that they were have a place and due to that many individuals outperform their own predicaments in view of bitcoin. Bitcoin will never lose in light of the fact that many individuals have an advantage on it and it is some how an answer on an economy that was crushed and in view of that it will keep on progressing.
The future of bitcoin is not predictable because bitcoin is a volatile kind of investment.The price of bitcoin depends on the market demand or the demand of the users.Initially bitcoin was just like any other product in the market that if no one used it or bought it,the price will go down.Today the price of bitcoin is touching the sky and it is rising because more and more people are now believing in bitcoin and are enrolling themselves in bitcoin.It is a dream of every person to get rich and bitcoin is the easiest way of getting rich.So the future of bitcoin is safe and secured if we observe the situation in the market.
soenaderecho10

Activity: 322
Merit: 25

“OPEN GAMING PLATFORM”

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:33:46 PM

The future of bitcoin is not predictable because bitcoin is a volatile kind of investment.The price of bitcoin depends on the market demand or the demand of the users.Initially bitcoin was just like any other product in the market that if no one used it or bought it,the price will go down.Today the price of bitcoin is touching the sky and it is rising because more and more people are now believing in bitcoin and are enrolling themselves in bitcoin.It is a dream of every person to get rich and bitcoin is the easiest way of getting rich.So the future of bitcoin is safe and secured if we observe the situation in the market.

For me bitcoin future is to become a popular in whole world and the value of this currency will increase and theres lot of people investing and holder of this currency..

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
Metherry

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:48:36 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2020, 07:19:38 AM by Metherry

A futures contract is a binding agreement between any two parties where Mr. A will buy originally from Mr. B and thus can know whether the price will rise in the future or decrease and then he can make profits in this period.

As for party A, he can obtain liquidity without fear of price fluctuation or the loss of some money.
so you can say
futures is only give you real use of bitcoins with some of escrow when price crashing.

Speculations are before purchase and therefore can yield profits or losses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: