Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:10:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: need altcoin programmer  (Read 935 times)
gen. specific (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:27:24 PM

seeking altcoin programmer, willing to sign NDA

PM me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zas

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:28:29 PM

You realize that on the interwebs an Non Disclosure Agreement isn't worth the paper it is written on?
gen. specific (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:40:34 PM

You realize that on the interwebs an Non Disclosure Agreement isn't worth the paper it is written on?

non disclosure agreements aren't about actually not disclosing anything, its about subjecting the person to civil liability when they do disclose something they agreed not to, so that person things twice, but its a limited financial hedge (insurance) for the company for actual or perceived losses from the disclosure

judges are very accommodating to this
Zas

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:46:02 PM

You can't launch a civil claim against a) someone not in your jurisdiction b) somewhere your country doesn't have any kind of treaty with c) someone you can't actually identify.

So I'll repeat. Not worth the paper its written on.

Here's something anecdotal to read through: http://indie-fund.com/2010/07/the-worthlessness-of-ndas/ and really you should read it.
gen. specific (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:51:23 PM

You can't launch a civil claim against a) someone not in your jurisdiction b) somewhere your country doesn't have any kind of treaty with c) someone you can't actually identify.

So I'll repeat. Not worth the paper its written on.

have you ever seen a contract? prepared by an actual lawyer? usually jurisdiction and identification are part of the contract

I am guessing you just come on the internet to debate things, if you are not eligible for this project and are not willing to sign an NDA then this thread isn't for you

also, since I'm not from a small island nation its actually quite probable that the person(s) I engage with are within an applicable jurisdiction

I've gotten very cheap summary judgements approved, and retaining a lawyer for that is really not as expensive as *everyone* on the internet believes it is.
Zas

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:52:26 PM

I edited my post you should really read the link. I don't think you're capable of enforcing an NDA against someone in Russia.
gen. specific (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:54:53 PM

I edited my post you should really read the link. I don't think you're capable of enforcing an NDA against someone in Russia.

your flawed assumption is that everyone who replies is eligible to be a part of this project
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:56:41 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2013, 03:09:25 PM by Lohoris

seeking altcoin programmer, willing to sign NDA

LMAO

A real legally binding NDA is quite an hassle, I wouldn't even consider (any more) signing such a document if you didn't pay up front a substantial amount of money, in advance, regardless of the outcome of the negotiations.

If anyone is going to sign that is either a noob, or someone who wants to cheat you anyway.
The opposite is true too: if anyone asks you to sign an NDA without realising this, is himself a noob or wants to cheat you.

(of course if that NDA is not really legally binding, then it's just wasted paper anyway)

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Zas

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:07:11 PM

LMAO

A real legally binding NDA is quite an hassle, I wouldn't even consider (any more) signing such a document if you didn't pay up front a substantial amount of money, in advance, regardless of the outcome of the negotiations.

If anyone is going to sign that is either a noob, or someone who wants to cheat you anyway.
The opposite is true too: if anyone asks you to sign an NDA without realising this, is himself a noob or wants to cheat you.

(of course if that NDA is not really legally binding, then it's just wasted paper anyway)

Fixed! I'm assuming you didn't mean for the double negative amirite?

I also completely agree.
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:10:58 PM

Fixed! I'm assuming you didn't mean for the double negative amirite?

I also completely agree.
Thanks! (for both) : )

gen. specific (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:31:26 PM

I'd like this vocal minority to keep the thread bumped, I've got several PMs from more discreet interested parties
Zas

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:40:11 PM

I don't think either of us are against you, it's just that you need to be aware that you're not going to be able to enforce the NDA so you're wasting your time with it so you shouldn't put any faith into it being able to claw back any money in the slightest. I very much doubt that any of the programmers will give you 'real' information anyway.

Now, back to the altcoin... do you have a thread for this altcoin?
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:06:24 PM

I don't think either of us are against you, it's just that you need to be aware that you're not going to be able to enforce the NDA so you're wasting your time with it so you shouldn't put any faith into it being able to claw back any money in the slightest. I very much doubt that any of the programmers will give you 'real' information anyway.

+1

Again, if you are going for an NDA, serious programmers just won't accept, so you are pretty much guaranteed to get a noob working for you.

I've explained why, and I've explained this for free.
If you chose not to read what I wrote, well, too bad for you, I'm sorry (sincerely).

gen. specific (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 12:01:04 AM

+1

Again, if you are going for an NDA, serious programmers just won't accept, so you are pretty much guaranteed to get a noob working for you.

I've explained why, and I've explained this for free.
If you chose not to read what I wrote, well, too bad for you, I'm sorry (sincerely).

thank you for the insight, this is simply not true in the technology hubs of america

maybe things are different in your international software side gigs, but I'm not really trying to emulate that, this forum so happens to be the only place where the talent pool with previous experience would exist
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 12:20:35 AM

Any freelance programmer knows its a red flag when the first thing you say is NDA.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 06:30:05 AM

Lets me simplify it :

although i think Lohoris already said it .

when you want someone to sign anything like an NDA you are limiting your potential.

because unless you have 100's of thousands , no one cares about signing an NDA .

then you also limit again your talent pool to jurisdiction.

honestly though i fully support the NDA principal - the more of you guys that misunderstand this environment the better my overall success.

SO +1 to NDA , i'd say its a definite requirement , just think if your idea is good someone will surely steal it !

any good programmer will work both for a small amount and be happy to sign a binding NDA , also ask for ID and SS#

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 07:33:20 AM

You can hire me, but you won't like my rates, and I don't work for "profit share" based on an idea.

JohnDorien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:37:57 AM

You can hire me, but you won't like my rates, and I don't work for "profit share" based on an idea.

same here.. pm me
shinkicker

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:39:35 AM

You should get off this guys back. I have signed many, many NDA's before working on products such as video game QA to developing enterprise applications, even more so when its contract based for a fixed period and not full time Also if you ever work with another software vendor, NDA's are pretty much the first thing that happens after the first meeting is finished.

Yes of course you might not be able to enforce them in Somalia, OP knows that.  But in majority of countries, they are pretty standard for working on projects which in still in the R&D phase.

super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 02:07:17 PM

You should get off this guys back. I have signed many, many NDA's before working on products such as video game QA to developing enterprise applications, even more so when its contract based for a fixed period and not full time Also if you ever work with another software vendor, NDA's are pretty much the first thing that happens after the first meeting is finished.

Yes of course you might not be able to enforce them in Somalia, OP knows that.  But in majority of countries, they are pretty standard for working on projects which in still in the R&D phase.

NDA for a company or large vendor makes complete sense. You have access to proprietary designs, code, and as was knowledge of future products before their competitors do.

If you idea is really that easy to copy then you simply have to worry about staying ahead of the curve. There is no way you can stop copies. By time you even apply for a patent your product will already be irrelevant. 

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: