Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:38:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin Mining issues  (Read 373 times)
iMistakeless (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:12:34 AM

New to the forum & mining in general, I am in the process of building my 1st rig and have been experimenting with my GPU for the past couple weeks...

while mining my closest pool with the vertcoin 1 click miner I have gotten absolutely nothing in nearly 24 hours. This is what I see on my stats on the pool..

Wallet                                                           Hashrate             rejected                difficulty        time to share          predicted payout         predicted daily
3BM1DJw1CvoGhVtsVARqz6EhARhSfrKbK6    165.39 MH/s   10.69 MH/s (6.46%)   0.000 (0)       0h 0m 0s                no shares yet   2.30134172 VTC

http://45.76.249.234:9171/static/ is the pool address, Could it possibly just take a long time before I get anything? I'm one of the only ones with no difficulty, time to share, etc.

Any input would be helpful, I feel like a bit of a moron but I have gotten normal mining pools to work just fine... just not this one.

iMis
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:50:01 AM

Any input would be helpful, I feel like a bit of a moron but I have gotten normal mining pools to work just fine... just not this one.
The pool from your link seems to be a p2pool. It's been a really long time since I used a pool like this, but if I'm not mistaken these p2pools operate differently and one of the practical differences for the miners is that it takes quite a lot of time before you start seeing any payouts. Like 24+ hours. I think I was also supposed to run some kind of node myself, I remember doing it with litecoin or dogecoin years ago.. you don't just point your miner to the pool's address, you were also supposed to run a node or something on your end as well in order for all this to work. Maybe it's changed during all the years and it's not necessary anymore, I don't know. Anyway, the point is that since it's a p2pool you need to learn how it works, do a google search on them, they don't operate the same way as most other pools do.
Edit: no, I guess it's not necessary to run your own node with p2pool, it's just the thing I was doing myself back in the day. The software was free and easy to install, so instead of pointing my rigs at someone else's node, I was just running my own. Still, the payout system is different compared to "regular" pools.
TRexMcStubyArms

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:15:58 AM

New to the forum & mining in general, I am in the process of building my 1st rig and have been experimenting with my GPU for the past couple weeks...

while mining my closest pool with the vertcoin 1 click miner I have gotten absolutely nothing in nearly 24 hours. This is what I see on my stats on the pool..

Wallet                                                           Hashrate             rejected                difficulty        time to share          predicted payout         predicted daily
3BM1DJw1CvoGhVtsVARqz6EhARhSfrKbK6    165.39 MH/s   10.69 MH/s (6.46%)   0.000 (0)       0h 0m 0s                no shares yet   2.30134172 VTC

http://45.76.249.234:9171/static/ is the pool address, Could it possibly just take a long time before I get anything? I'm one of the only ones with no difficulty, time to share, etc.

iMis

I'm in the exact same boat as you.  I ran at 156 MH/s for nearly 14 H and I have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Very crappy experience Sad
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:49:48 PM

I'm in the exact same boat as you.  I ran at 156 MH/s for nearly 14 H and I have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Very crappy experience Sad

Similar experience here with several different pools which I am providing a running commentary on over here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2554077.0

Basically, I am getting somewhere around 2% of the expected payout mining VTC on every pool I've tried so far. I suspect there is something malicious going on in the VTC blockchain. Perhaps some way of spoofing shares at pools or the like?
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:58:46 AM

I don't want to come across as promotional in the slightest, but I seem to have found an honest VTC pool at multipool.sonofatech.com (access from coins.sonofatech.com and choose the VTC multipool).

That said, it did take nearly 48 hours of continuous mining before my reported earnings started coming anywhere close to what I calculated they should be, and this issue seems to plague all of the pools I tried. The difference with the SOAT pool, though, is that 99.8% of my shares are being accepted, while 20-50% were being rejected at every other pool except for give-me-coins (also a high acceptance rate, but their time to find a block is sitting at 105 hours and in the immortal words of Sweet Brown, ain't nobody got time fo dat).

TRexMcStubyArms

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:34:19 AM

Thanks Magic
Miningfool7

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:39:50 AM

iMis

This old thread came up when I had same problem so wanted to say the most likely issue is, at this time, you are using the wrong address. It should start with a "V". My wallet gave me an address like that that started with a 3 and I mined for a day with 0 results. Dug online for hours and finally found this:
https://github.com/vertcoin-project/vertcoin-core/issues/48

We're working on upgrading P2Pool to support the new address format. In the meantime you can generate a V address from the debug console using:

getnewaddress "" legacy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: