Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:20:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Major benefit of bitcoin?  (Read 1929 times)
JungleOnion (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 06:17:48 AM

I can answer my question by saying that bitcoin has what others don't and that's being the pioneer in the crypto markets. Which is why everything is priced in bitcoin But really....what does bitcoin do better that any other alt? What's the intrinsic value of bitcoin that I can't get with other alt? Transaction fees? No. Fast network? No. scalability? No. A functional product? No. Full anonymity? No. Descentralización? No. So? The markets are priced in bitcoin, and being that base of value is pretty important, but...is that it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:24:07 AM

I can answer my question by saying that bitcoin has what others don't and that's being the pioneer in the crypto markets. Which is why everything is priced in bitcoin But really....what does bitcoin do better that any other alt? What's the intrinsic value of bitcoin that I can't get with other alt? Transaction fees? No. Fast network? No. scalability? No. A functional product? No. Full anonymity? No. Descentralización? No. So? The markets are priced in bitcoin, and being that base of value is pretty important, but...is that it?

The benefit of bitcoin is it's stable price growth over the years and it never failed to give us profits as a bitcoin holder or investors.Some other altcoins price growth is huge in short term but bitcoin is doing it for long term so people think bitcoin is better to invest and so people are buying bitcoins over other crypto currencies.
Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:27:39 AM

For me, bitcoin prove already that it is legitimate over the time. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency that exist and as we can see, the price of bitcoin goes high. Bitcoin has stable price also that no other cryptocurrency be liked. Everything that we can see in other cryptocurrencies are came from the idea of bitcoin. It's just my opinion.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:30:54 AM

Bitcoin currently enjoys the privileges that come with first mover advantage. But that advantage is starting to wear thin because there are other coins that do certain things better than Bitcoin ever can, especially given that consensus on how to update the technology can't be reached so BTC is starting to fork all over the place.

Transaction fees are becoming a huge problem. I paid 0.001 BTC to move some out of BitTrex today. There was a time when that wasn't a big deal. But now with BTC being worth $16,000, that price tag comes to $16 just to move my BTC from one place to another. If BTC price ever goes higher than $40K, then that BitTrex withdraw fee will cost more than what an international wire transfer costs.

Any altcoin that develops a smooth and legal itself to fiat gateway that's comparable to what Coinbase provides could very easily become the coin that replaces Bitcoin and kicks it off its number one first mover advantage spot.
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:34:15 AM

Bitcoin in my opinion is one of the entry points because the exchange rate is quite high and always experiencing a significant change Compared to other types of altcoin is very slow in the business of price movements.Therefore many people use bitcoin as a place of future investment.

shadow404

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:35:36 AM

I think the benefits that can be owned by everyone and have a high enough price to support the economy even just with bitcoin can make a family become established and not have to work hard
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:39:02 AM

The benefit of bitcoin is it's stable price growth over the years and it never failed to give us profits as a bitcoin holder or investors.Some other altcoins price growth is huge in short term but bitcoin is doing it for long term so people think bitcoin is better to invest and so people are buying bitcoins over other crypto currencies.

Yeah true, bitcoin is the number 1 cryptocurrency and is stable compare to other coins. It has its name alreadt and never fail to give us the best price . From where I started , the value is like 3k usd only and now it grows faster .so people have a big trust in bitcoin and keep investing on it.
Rabiulawal12

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:40:52 AM

The major benefit is of course the huge upside to where the price could go. We've only got a couple or three million bitcoin holders globally right now, most with tiny amounts invested, and that has taken the price up to a high of over $16,000 already, starting from $0.02 7 years ago.
There are many other benefits as well, like being a part of a whole new economy, or ending the Fed and possibly even stopping nations from being able to finance wars. This is of course just as controversial and speculative as the price is, but you'll find no shortage of people that work tirelessly towards that end promoting bitcoin for those purposes.
TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:57:54 AM

From what you describe is true, there is no prominent advantage of bitcoin in altcoin.
In addition bitcoin is the mother of crypto currencies, the rest does not exist.
It's true, people currently like bitcoin, because they can double money in a short time or even old investment.
With all its shortcomings bitcoin still ranked # 1 in the market, with the highest volume cap among the other coins.
soulless1

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:58:54 AM

Bitcoin and alt are similar, but have a slightly different character. I think there is a bit coin in the dollar.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:59:59 AM

Its just a tradition in high-tech, the 'first' is always the REF pretty much forever,

Back in the day Mitch Kapor was the first spread-sheet, he became rich,

Went on to mention that anybody could be a millionaire, just need ..

1.) a garage
2.) a computer
3.) a million bucks for marketing

Success in TECH is

1.) First
2.) best
3.) fastest

BITCOIN is 1, 2 is not known, and 3 is also up for grabs in crypt world

"FIRST" is always very important, but ultimately forgotten, just like 'lotus-123'. Now kids only know XLS

Today  there are 2,000+ BTC clones, not unlike the 2,000+ 123 clones in the 1980's, ultimately microsoft steps in and takes over the market, the fortune-100 ppl are still trying to figure the bTC thing out, ... give them time, its really only been about 2-3 years since the thing went mildly mainstream.

BITCOIN today is a lot like the railroads of the 1800's, U know the train is the future, but you don't know which company, or which tracks will be permanent.
rahleurfan

Activity: 232

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:01:22 AM

Major benefit of bitcoin is its wide adoption as a mother of all crypto. As long as it's functioning at all, it'll be a huge part of all crypto marketcap combined.
bitfools

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:06:43 AM

Transaction fees? No.

FEES are good, day traders should have their own coin, BTC is for rich ppl

Fast network? No.

With GOV centralization comes speed, be careful what you wish for

I would rather be slow like a horse, than fast like a prison

scalability? No.

Its scaling just fine

A functional product? No.

What do you want for free?

Full anonymity? No.

This is my biggest PEEVE about BTC, but nobody cares, its almost like the NSA/CIA gave us BITCOIN so that we could fill the block-chain for them.

Decentralization? No. So?

I disagree BTC is built on the torrent peer2peer steal a movie model and works just fine

Most of your questions, justify the existence of the +2,000 BITCOIN clones out there, .... trouble is almost 99% are the same, just rename shit, ...

What's needed is the killer-app for teen-agers, seems like most BITCOIN today is just losers trying to get rich as day-traders, ... BORING
bitfools

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:10:05 AM

Major benefit of bitcoin is its wide adoption as a mother of all crypto. As long as it's functioning at all, it'll be a huge part of all crypto marketcap combined.

First means a lot, lotus-123 was #1 for years, cuz they were first, they weren't the best, or fastest, but ppl tend to stay with what they know, until something better or free comes along.

Trouble is people measure success in CAPITAL MARKET-CAP, I would suggest that there are better coins out there, like zencash and monero,

Given all alt's are just clones of the mother, what is clearly missing is innovation,

Just too easy for assholes like BITCOIN GOLD (BTG) to clone BTC, and make $5 Billion USD market-cap with zero added-value, you can blame open-source for this I guess
RockBar0

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:30:53 AM

There are almost no benefits of using bitcoin. Besides it is the most paid coin. The bitcoin blockchain technology is too weak. Of course, the benefits of bitcoin are substantial
777Jolami

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:53:17 AM

The purpose of bitcoin is not to benefit the user. But bitcoin has done a lot of people have money just keep them, bitcoin self increase.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:58:50 AM

In my opinion the major benefit of bitcoin is created as a new breakthrough to earn money from internet that can serve as a job that was been able to help the individual economy.
Don't see too focused on some its disadvantages / not maximal, I think bitcoin so far is very useful and still can provide many profits for everyone that can earned from the way that was he/she mastered.
earnmoneyonl

Activity: 93

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:29:34 AM

Bitcoin is an asset for storing. Bitcoin is easier to make a transferring from one to another place. Moreover, bitcoin will be accepted in all the world soon.
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:36:30 AM

There is no Major benefit for using bitcoin. It was just a mother of crypto and most known digital currency in the world. If there is a major bitcoin hack on its source, many people will start to lose confidence and realize that there are no special with bitcoin block-chain unlike other altcoin. it is just popular.

Noore Najjar

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:10:19 PM

Anyone, from At whatever country, of At whatever age range can accept Bitcoins. There will be no id card,  banks obliged with open an account.  Also getting Bitcoins may be you only just download bitcoin Wallet and make an Bitcoin address. You Might make 1000s of different addresses is that what you wanted, there are many opportunity

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: