Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:39:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why a rise in value is a good thing  (Read 1677 times)
istar (OP)

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:47:43 PM

Everyone loves to make money. If bitcoin continues to rise in value, more shops will want to cash in on the trend and start to adopt bitcoins. As more shops take bitcoins, more will follow leading to a positive spiral.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:49:40 PM

Everyone loves to make money. If bitcoin continues to rise in value, more shops will want to cash in on the trend and start to adopt bitcoins. As more shops take bitcoins, more will follow leading to a positive spiral. 
and more people will not buy, cause tomorrow they value has just doubled.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 10:12:14 PM

I don't think it'll be the rise in value that causes more shops to accept bitcoin, I'll more likely be some easier way to trade coins with more speed and certainty.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:41:36 AM

The most important element is increase in the number of people getting into the Bitcoin. It s called the snowball effect.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:41:40 AM

More appropriately replace the word value w/ price.
Bitcoins value is actually quite high, its just not recognized yet =)

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 07:18:46 AM

Shop owners don't really profit from the rise in value though at least not directly. Maybe some people who've made a profit from the increase will have more money to buy stuff with. Accepting Bitcoin as an alternative method of payment doesn't necessarily mean a boost in sales because at this point using regular money for purchases is way easier for the vast majority of people.
Having said that, I do hope the price keeps going up as I would love to able to afford Nintendo's NX next year without causing too much of a dent in my wallet  Grin
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 07:20:59 AM

It grabs everyone's attention, which means more adoption.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 07:22:18 AM

I don't think it'll be the rise in value that causes more shops to accept bitcoin, I'll more likely be some easier way to trade coins with more speed and certainty.
Yeah I don't think so either. Shops will only start accepting Bitcoin when they see the price is very stable or steadily rising. Just rising won't make them do anything.
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 08:20:47 AM

Yeah I don't think so either. Shops will only start accepting Bitcoin when they see the price is very stable or steadily rising. Just rising won't make them do anything.

I think it will depend on the adaption and customer base of bitcoin, if there are more users using bitcoin then  it can attract merchants to start accepting bitcoin.
Bought

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 08:32:05 AM

Price rise is good as others have said for current holders and maybe will pull in some more inversters but the only way shops are going to start accepting bitcoin more is for more people wanting to spend.

torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 08:40:29 AM

Price rise is good as others have said for current holders and maybe will pull in some more inversters but the only way shops are going to start accepting bitcoin more is for more people wanting to spend.

Yeah they will start accepting only if they see customers willing to spend their coins for shopping, but if people are not aware about bitcoin then nothing can be done.
dime2spend

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:20:27 AM

I don't see how a rising value is a good thing for Bitcoin at all. That's only good for those hoarding Bitcoin but it certainly doesn't help to make the currency more accepted. A lot of small businesses won't accept Bitcoin (or any other crypto-currency) unless it's more stable and it's value somewhat predictable.
mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:28:24 AM

If you are investing your money  in something then you expect certain returns from it so if value rise in future you can expect higher profits.
quintiilieo

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:12:23 AM

No if bitcoin continue to rise in value, shop will not accept bitcoin and they dont have care in the bitcoin price because it is the same in the price of other mode of payment. But if they knew that many users of bitcoin they accepts because this is the mode of payment of almost people and many user want it too so they accepts it. If you want to They accepts bitcoin the price of your want to buy is another in the original price do you want that? Of course not.

JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:21:15 AM

The most important element is increase in the number of people getting into the Bitcoin. It s called the snowball effect.
Yes this is why sudden price rise can be called artificial, if there is no proportional number of new users of bitcoin..This is very dangerous because people will be lose their interest if they loose their money, if they don't investing on the long run.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:35:45 AM

Or you have some laying around and tomorrow you can suddenly buy double the amount of goods.

It is all a matter of perspective.

What I do is just rebuy the coins I spend when I have to financial possibilities, so I never have to worry about it becoming worth more the next day.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:46:46 AM

Price rise is a good thing and we all want the price to rise even more.

But personally I don't want to buy groceries using bitcoin. I really don't want to pay bitcoin to buy a bottle of beer. Because bitcoin is not meant to be a normal currency like this.

Bitcoin is an alternate investment avenue and it should be treated like that. Not meant for buying regular items.

equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:49:30 AM

Or you have some laying around and tomorrow you can suddenly buy double the amount of goods.

It is all a matter of perspective.

What I do is just rebuy the coins I spend when I have to financial possibilities, so I never have to worry about it becoming worth more the next day.

What you said is true, the real value is if you can use the bitcoin in daily life and if the value increases then obviously the conversion to fiat currency or buying produts value will become less which will give more profit, so it is better to use daily in your life. I use my bitcoins in my daily routine life like buying mobile recharges, dth recharge, and buying computer hardware products and some time converting to fiat currency for other expenses needs.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:54:25 AM

Price rise is always a good thing, because the people get the feeling that BTC is stronger and better, although it doesn't always matter to me.

It also means my INVESTMENT PAYS OFF! Which is huge, to me.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 10:57:48 AM

Rise of value is a very good thing, because it tells how bitcoin is very precious and useful. By rising of its price it tells
that the demand for bitcoin is very high and thats a good thing for all people who use bitcoin.

Vires in Numeris
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: