Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:59:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins: ICO sale or exchanges ?  (Read 371 times)
Dr0idGuru (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:01:39 AM

I have $5.000 to invest in altcoins.
Should I buy directly in ICO sales or in Exchanges ?  I'm seeing some altcoins in exchanges with lower prices than the ICO.
For instance: buying OMG in an exchange of APPC (https://appcoins.io) on the ICO sale that opens in Wednesday ?
BlockJohn

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:02:59 AM

The potential explosion I think come from the ICO sales.
When it's going down in exchanges, it takes more time to recover.
There are exceptions, of course, like the IOTA case.
swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 07:20:49 AM

Never buy a ico! The chance you will regret is 99% because you simply don't buy just one ico, it will be a lot. Buy on exchanges even coin has lots of potential.

sehmuzcan

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:37:42 AM

Going for an ICO is a very risky business imo. If you wanna put money on ICO, just consider you are buying a lottery ticket and consider the money you put in is lost.
Zerosk

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:37:50 AM

You can go into ICO investment but it is indeed risky if you have no knowledge on the project.
There are good ICOs running atm, like trade.io and im planning to invest in them. I'm already participating in the Bounty and look forward to the future of this new blockchain trading platform.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:42:24 AM

In my opinion, 5000$ is not a lot so I  think it's better to put in ICO, check out my signature for a very promising new ICO, they raised over 30 million usd already ! crazy right !?

amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:52:16 AM

Some of the promising ICOs going on at present that I can vouch for are Bankex and INS. Though you must do your own research and only invest into those that you believe in. Don't believe the hype as its easy to create on facebook, twitter with bounty campaigns.

If you don't want to put the time to research and come at your own decision, then just buy some of the long held coins at exchanges that have delivered for some time. There is no safe invest in crypto right now. 5000$ is a sufficiently big amount depending on where you live and what you do.
So I'd suggest that put some amount in ICOs that you have researched and believe in, some in exchanges buying established coins (GNT, LSK, ARK, CAPP, ETH, XRP) and atleast 30% of your investment in good'ol BTC.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1043

HODL

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:57:30 AM

I can't understand people who want to invest the whole their money into only one type of assets. You are at a very risky, but very profitable market. You ought to make different portfolios for different purposes. For example you may invest your $5k in two portfolios: 70-80% for the investing in already existed cryptos, 20-30% for ICO.

housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:18:26 AM

I believe now that it is better to buy some tokens that are greatly undervalued currently because of BTC rally, you can also diversify your portfolio because it will be a foolish thing to put all your eggs in one basket
pksingh

Activity: 218

BCT Manager

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 09:25:10 AM

Yes, buying on exchanges is better idea in terms of safety as prescribed by taditional finance folks. But hey!, you are reading this in a bitcoin forum. We are here to change the rules.
You decide what you want.
Saifher

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:30:41 AM

If you have to ask, i'd probably point you towards exchanges. ICOs are very risky and there are way too many scam artists running ICOs to try and get rich quick. Buy a solid coin with proven track records on one of the alt exchanges (like Binance, for example), your investment will be much safer and you might end up even making more money out of it.

kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:33:38 AM

With my experience with Electroneum ICO, I will say buying at the exchanges is a better option. Till present, I am yet to access ETN bought during the ICO meanwhile some people were able to get ETN lesser than the ICO price at cryptopia exchange before the price started shooting up.

Exchanges are better as the prices are bound to be dumped as soon as coins bought during ICOs hits the exchanges, you can then mop up at a cheaper rate.
Jeremy-Whites

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:36:57 AM

I would buy into 1-2 crypto currencies, and maybe 1/3 of the funds would go into some ICO.
bucksman5233

Activity: 264

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 09:40:55 AM

It depends on the ICO but most of the ICOs which are offering huge discounts for investors usually end up trading lower than ICO price when it hit exchanges. There are some examples also in which coins went low as 70% below the ICO price after trading on exchanges like LAtoken, monetha, airtoken etc.

helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 10:07:47 AM

Should I buy directly in ICO sales or in Exchanges ?  I'm seeing some altcoins in exchanges with lower prices than the ICO.
For instance: buying OMG in an exchange of APPC (https://appcoins.io) on the ICO sale that opens in Wednesday ?

I will advice you to only go for genuine and legit ICO and before invest in any ICO you have to research well about their white paper , Deveper team, and is there the real product they launching in market . If you satisfy with this then only go for that ICO.Because now a days you have seen many ICO coming in market to raise funds, in this lot ICOs are scams. Other side I will suggest you to invest in good altcoins like Ether, Ripple, Dash and also invest some capital in Bitcoin

BlockJohn

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:34:28 AM

The return of investment in exchanges is lower, I would say...
Dr0idGuru (OP)

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:48:50 AM

What strikes me is that for some altcoins is actually better to buy after the ICO in exchanges, when people start to dump the altcoin.
But the coins with better RoI, are the ones bought at the sale, because typically don't dump these good coins.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:06:06 AM

i think not a right time to sell your altcoin, correct the altcoins are in a lower price so far wait the right time for altcoins to grow the price in the market cap before you use in anything what do you want to invest, but its depends on your decission i'm only sugeesting with you mate.
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 06:12:17 AM

I wouldn't suggest buying coins that haven't be officially released to the market, such ICO token would rekt you hard when baggers are dumping their tokens with bonuses, also it's very hard to determine the price when everything is new, there are case where flips happens but very unlikely (1 of 10) if the project is not hype enough. Wait are you referring to the Appcoin platform that would list OMG on their launch? that's even more unlikely to get cheap OMG from them, better look into standard exchanges like Bittrex for your purchase.

Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:51:47 AM

I would say purchasing in exchanges is way better in terms of security and if i were you i wouldn't buy on some ICOs although they offer discounted price some with bonuses but think of the huge risk you'll be taking. Ofcourse not all ICOs but in my own observation around 4/10 are fake. Anyway we're in a business world its a matter of taking a risk or done nothing.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: