Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:23:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA, what is it?  (Read 454 times)
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:35:54 AM

I'm thinking about joining the IOTA community but I'd like someone to explain what is this about exactly. Bitcoin was meant to be a P2P Electronic cash, Ethereum is here for smart contracts, what about IOTA?

• What is the maximum supply that we will have have?
  • How is it obtained? mining(POS/POW)?
  • What is a good wallet to store your IOTA? I have checked Exodus and It's not listed there
  • Does it use the blockchain technology? why there are no fees involved?
Luke1706

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 01:47:12 PM

IOTA takes it to the top of cryptocurrencies!
But what's behind this new star in the crypto-universe?
Got to www.coinpioneer.net and learn more about high potential cryptocoins...
or directly to the IOTA description: https://coinpioneer.net/coin-guide/iota-description
Trixie28

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:23:47 PM

IOTA is a cryptocurrency designed for the Internet of Things. A ground breaking new open-source distributed ledger that does not use a blockchain. Its innovative new quantum-proof protocol, known as the Tangle, gives rise to unique new features like zero fees, infinite scalability, fast transactions, secure data transfer and many others
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:23:18 AM

I appreciate the answers even though they are not answering my questions. Who else could provide something useful?
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:34:27 AM

I appreciate the answers even though they are not answering my questions. Who else could provide something useful?

sadly asking technical questions about an altcoin here won't give you any answers because nobody is interested in anything other than how much money it can give them.

try reading the website: https://iota.org/
and the white paper: https://iota.org/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf
it will be a lot more helpful.

I'm thinking about joining the IOTA community but I'd like someone to explain what is this about exactly. Bitcoin was meant to be a P2P Electronic cash, Ethereum is here for smart contracts, what about IOTA?

• What is a good wallet to store your IOTA? I have checked Exodus and It's not listed there

i am no expert but i try to answer these as best as i can
- 2,779,530,283 MIOTA
- there is no mining. IOTA similar to Byteball is using DAG. which is a blockchain-less technology which has no mining
- download the official wallet from their website, you can run it in light mode https://iota.readme.io/docs/light-vs-full-node
- because there is no blockchain. it uses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed_acyclic_graph

good to read: https://iotasupport.com/whatisiota.shtml

Buying the dip...
myigitcoin

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:58:51 AM

IOTA create new way to transaction and they contracted big companies like MICROSOFT. Its price raised sharply but I believe in it will raise sharply again. It can change all balances.  I hope it will keep growing. Cheesy
kojoannan

Activity: 294

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:13:49 AM

I think IOTA is the next big thing and the earlier I get into it, the better.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:36:08 AM

its like byteball but not quite as good

Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:58:28 AM

Its a good coin i suppose. I heard they don't charge tx fee and the transaction confirm very fast. The early adopters have gained a lot from this recent pumps. And i don't think IOAT will go down so deep i would get hold of some if that happens.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:59:55 AM

IOTA's is a transactions that are free regardless of the size of the transaction, confirmations times are fast, the system can handle simultaneously is unlimited, and the system can easily scale. IOTA is also an overseen foundation that are non-profit dedicated to developing the technology and maintaining it license-free for all developers to work with.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:04:18 AM

I have heard they have not yet developed their functional block chain, so a lot of work is required before it goes mainstream.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
NeonXL

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:07:50 AM

IOTA provides micro-TX, which can be useful in IoT (Internet-of-Things industry). Of course, it use blockchain, but! IOTA-blockchain seems like graph (DAG technology), so it hasn`t fees. Total supply is 2,779,530,283

nikisev

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Im the very decease you pretend to be

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:42:45 AM

I also dont see how IOTA is going to be next big thing.
Its not clear what they do.
I dont see benefit of putting my refrigerator on blockchain.
And deal with MS can be toxic, look at nokia, once number 1 manufacturer of smartphones.
Still i hold it for speculation.
Need to read more about DAG

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:35:08 PM

If it is premined totally, why should it have fees? "Zero fees" is so much promoted with IOTA but why the hell should it have fees if it is PREMINED?

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
ekolet

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:10:10 PM

its like byteball but not quite as good
This.
IOTA is just like byteball, but you know... non functional right now. It can prove itself worthy overtime but it is PURE speculation at the moment.
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:28:35 AM

I doubt very much that you can mine IOTA. It is impossible. I love this altcoins created to be used for the Internet of Things. Additionally I am very happy how fast it is growing these days.

Here you can also find the answer on your question: https://coincentral.com/what-is-iota-cryptocurrency-coin/
upekhaanthony

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:47:15 AM

I think it is a good coin hold for long term.There key difference is don't charge for Transaction fee and speed of of the Transaction.But As I read ,the developers not yet start developing their Chain platform. Huh

ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:07:14 AM

Im also curious about this coin called IOTA as it currently in top 4 in Coinmarketcap thats why I tooks a small research days ago about this and Im impressed about this project upon reading the whitepaper (https://iota.org/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf) instead of blockchain they are using tangle, no miners are needed inorder to process transactions which means no fees are needed and transactions are instant, Im not using it for now but I want to try it in the future, @op heres the link if you want more info: https://learn.iota.org     

PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:07:44 AM

As far as I know, it's a cryptocurrency developed by Blockchain technology, but the way it works is different, by changing the whole algorithm by another algorithm is "Tangle". The maximum supply can be very large, about more than 2 billion iota. Currently, I still do not know the good wallet to store iota but you can use the wallet in the trading platform like Bitfinex, Binance. As for not charging for the transaction, I hear that it is probably due to the change of the Tangle algorithm. I'm not sure the above information is true, it's for reference only Cheesy
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:14:09 AM

IOTA just update their wallet so you can go to their website and get it as well.
And certainly you can move to their forum for these question for better advices
https://helloiota.com/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
upekhaanthony

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:52:00 AM

Is thin good time buy IOTA (about 4.5$ dollars ). Any suggestion ? Huh

Thank you

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: