Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 09:34:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Walletbit closing with my money  (Read 3679 times)
lindal (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:57:23 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 08:46:36 AM by lindal

Soooo.. Apparently, Walletbit has closed. I found this out totally by accident - just happened to visit the site and see their "closed" page.

Notice was given here, and they updated their site, but I guess it was too much trouble to send out an email to their users? Now, they have no phone contact info on their site because they have "no staff."

I actually have a balance over there and, of course, can't log in. The password reset procedure works but then it just rejects my login. They close for good on the 15th, and I guess at that time they'll just pocket whatever balances they have.

Anyone know how to get in touch with those folks? They don't have a ton of my coin but the idea that they have any is pretty frustrating.

Announcement here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249751.0

Edit: Heard back from info@walletbit.com, poked around with the password reset and login form some more, and now all is well. The coins are back in hand.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:54:21 AM

Don't worry, I'm sure suckers will still use BIPS.
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:56:57 AM

Soooo.. Apparently, Walletbit has closed. I found this out totally by accident - just happened to visit the site and see their "closed" page.

Notice was given here, and they updated their site, but I guess it was too much trouble to send out an email to their users? Now, they have no phone contact info on their site because they have "no staff."

I actually have a balance over there and, of course, can't log in. The password reset procedure works but then it just rejects my login. They close for good on the 15th, and I guess at that time they'll just pocket whatever balances they have.

Anyone know how to get in touch with those folks? They don't have a ton of my coin but the idea that they have any is pretty frustrating.

Announcement here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249751.0

Edit: Heard back from info@walletbit.com, poked around with the password reset and login form some more, and now all is well. The coins are back in hand.

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/walletbit-shuts-down/

lindal,

We will of cause not just run out and spend your bitcoins, the service will just shut down, we'll retain the database and people's account balances, if those few coins left doesn't get withdrawn in time. You will always have the possibility of contacting me, and I will see to it that any outstanding balance is sent directly.
Kris
Donator

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:57:28 AM

TradeFortress, I think you might be going a bit over the line. Calling BIPS customers suckers ?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:59:57 AM

I seriously don't like making comments on competitors, however how you're handling WalletBit isn't really good IMO. Instawallet at least had a 90 day claim window.

To me, this would be a betrayal of trust, even if I'm the only user who still uses it. But people choose to do business differently and we should leave it at that.
Kris
Donator

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 12:08:31 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 07:05:58 AM by Kris

TradeFortress, I think you might be going a bit over the line. Calling BIPS customers suckers ?

I seriously don't like making comments on competitors, however how you're handling WalletBit isn't really good IMO. Instawallet at least had a 90 day claim window.

To me, this would be a betrayal of trust, even if I'm the only user who still uses it. But people choose to do business differently and we should leave it at that.

Let's just leave it as that, shall we... I just don't see your point in the above. If you can provide no help to lindal, why did you even post in this thread ?
BestJinjo

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 12:59:39 PM

Hi Kris,

I just stumbled upon this thread when I was checking the status of my coins at Walletbit. Since I just joined the forum, I cannot send you a PM. What is my course of action to withdraw my coins at Walletbit? I only found out that the site closed down today but I see that it has been shut down as of July 15, 2013.

Thanks,

Leo
Joshyu

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:41:42 PM

Hi,

same question for my as BestJinjo.
How do we get in touch with the WalletBit team?

thanks!
bobsmo

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:53:19 PM

Same here amazingly enough....can't believe no emails were sent.....so how can I get my BC's or contact the team?

Thanks.
Kris
Donator

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:24:31 AM

Please contact the WalletBit team by email.
KeepIt300D

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:38:55 AM

Glad to hear you got your money back bro.Cheesy
carolyn

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:57:30 PM

The walletbit website is down, how do I contact the walletbit team to recover my bitcoins.

Thank you.
Zeus the GOD

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 07:03:06 PM

C'mon guys use offline wallets only!!!!
carolyn

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:10:24 PM

Ok, now I'm worried, really worried.  I left two emails last week at info@walletbit.com and no response.  I'd sure like to know how the other people on this thread got their coins back.

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 01:18:30 PM

Ok, now I'm worried, really worried.  I left two emails last week at info@walletbit.com and no response.  I'd sure like to know how the other people on this thread got their coins back.

Did you ever get your coins back?

I have a few coins stuck at BIPS (which is according to Kris have been a victim of an attack).
I always considered Kris to be a honest guy - I hope that I am not wrong...

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
xchanga.com

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 03:41:35 PM

one word ''run''
cash out and run away from them.
simple.

Bitcoins at rate 430 - 440 usd. www.xchanga.com Is d The Best Place to get Your Bitcoins. Try us & See the Difference.
carolyn

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:30:08 PM

Thank you Kris!

I have a dialogue started with info@walletbit, so it seems promising.  I'll keep you all posted.

Grimbarian

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:07:53 PM

Please contact the WalletBit team by email.

Hi,

Can you please confirm that  info@walletbit.com is the correct and working Email address to make contact in regards accessing our walletbit held bitcoins? I have 0.37720969 still left in mine and had absolutely no idea walletbit was being shut down, was an Email sent out to all customers? As I definitely did not receive one.

Thanks in advance.
WayTooGosu

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:42:38 PM

If they are willing to give you the money they owe you, consider taking legal action with a lawyer, there is no way they can ignore that.
eternaluniverse

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:47:37 PM

I hope users reading this learn to put their payments to go to to a cold wallet thats offline and runs on linux, and to only transfer bitcoins to a hot wallet when you are going to make a transaction. The point of bitcoin was that people would no longer have to rely on anyone to keep their wealth safe, by using services like this, what's the difference from a bank?

and there are ways to keep your money very secure by yourself. If anyone wants to know my method of security just PM me
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: